Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 262. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 24, 2014, 03:59:42 PM

So we've been getting a good deal of calls from clients inquiring about the the case parameters and rackmount/upgrade options. We also realize that we have two types of customers, guys that know how to operate CGminer and guys that don't. Period. This thread has gotten a lot better regarding the negativity and we'd like you guys to know that you we do hear your suggestions and we do take your advice from time to time.

That's why we're going to offer a few case options to customers which ordered the 1.2. We'll show them off next week of course but for the now, one case is the standard desktop lian li, a mod between the x900 and the A77, something in the middle.

The other option would be a rackmount case similar to bitmines coindesk that we all have already seen, those that see themselves putting this in a data center for example could benefit from that case more. Both cases come up slots for upgradable modules, and upgrade modules will be available for clients starting Feb 15th, we'll figure out pricing in a bit for that one.

Next week we'll send out the two (or maybe three) options via email to current clients and you'll be able to choose which is best for you and your orders assembly. Any feedback or suggestions is always appreciated, we'd like the community to get more involved as well.

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Activity: 392
January 24, 2014, 03:22:53 PM

So we've been getting a good deal of calls from clients inquiring about the the case parameters and rackmount/upgrade options. We also realize that we have two types of customers, guys that know how to operate CGminer and guys that don't. Period. This thread has gotten a lot better regarding the negativity and we'd like you guys to know that you we do hear your suggestions and we do take your advice from time to time.

That's why we're going to offer a few case options to customers which ordered the 1.2. We'll show them off next week of course but for the now, one case is the standard desktop lian li, a mod between the x900 and the A77, something in the middle.

The other option would be a rackmount case similar to bitmines coindesk that we all have already seen, those that see themselves putting this in a data center for example could benefit from that case more. Both cases come up slots for upgradable modules, and upgrade modules will be available for clients starting Feb 15th, we'll figure out pricing in a bit for that one.

Next week we'll send out the two (or maybe three) options via email to current clients and you'll be able to choose which is best for you and your orders assembly. Any feedback or suggestions is always appreciated, we'd like the community to get more involved as well.

'

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
January 23, 2014, 11:26:44 AM
I heard the same chips this week, already vetted a few board designs with pre-order chips earlier from Jan with a few partners, it's looking more likely that late January ship date is becoming real ... I have 2 x 1.2's from early Oct order, so expecting it to be in one of the first shipments. If I do get it at the end of the month, happy to get pictures and maybe a video of it running, I'm no videographer so don't expect anything better than Biomech's great video effort ;-)

Hey! I resemble that remark...

I have a better camera now. Next time I have some time, I'll do a better video Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
January 23, 2014, 12:54:11 AM
Yep, chips this week, then start shipping within 7 days of receiving them.  The day they get the chips is not in their control, but the shipping is. 

That said, it is my hope they get stuff right and don't rush stuff out before it needs to go.  I certainly hope that things start shipping out next week, but of course I want it to be right.  There is a lot more lost time in shipping a product not ready to go out, than in taking the time to get it right before it ships in the first place.

Not sure about getting it right first time? This is a brand new chip and product based off it, maybe a few iterations before that really happens? But like you I do hope that it does work really well out of the box.
January 23, 2014, 12:51:36 AM
I heard the same chips this week, already vetted a few board designs with pre-order chips earlier from Jan with a few partners, it's looking more likely that late January ship date is becoming real ... I have 2 x 1.2's from early Oct order, so expecting it to be in one of the first shipments. If I do get it at the end of the month, happy to get pictures and maybe a video of it running, I'm no videographer so don't expect anything better than Biomech's great video effort ;-)
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 22, 2014, 11:10:08 PM
Yep, chips this week, then start shipping within 7 days of receiving them.  The day they get the chips is not in their control, but the shipping is. 

That said, it is my hope they get stuff right and don't rush stuff out before it needs to go.  I certainly hope that things start shipping out next week, but of course I want it to be right.  There is a lot more lost time in shipping a product not ready to go out, than in taking the time to get it right before it ships in the first place.
Activity: 420
January 22, 2014, 10:41:13 PM
they said they will get the chips this week.
plp
Activity: 39
January 22, 2014, 06:07:18 PM
any information as to if they have gotten there Chips or when is that they are getting it ? if any one has gotten any info on this please let me know thanks
Activity: 35
January 22, 2014, 04:28:14 PM
I know this isn't really the best place to do so but we have been trying to get our $$ back from AMT for a couple weeks now with various voicemails and emails sent their way and no response as of yet except 1 missed phone call returned.

If you could please, we would like our money returned for Order #1196.

We are trying not to get upset about it and be as respectful as we can.

We decided we jumped the gun and just want out. Simple as that.

Please AMT, refund our order. We'll keep calling/emailing in the meantime.

what did you order?

The 1.2 TH/s box preorder
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
January 22, 2014, 11:08:01 AM
i spoke to Alyssa this morning and AMT still doesnt have the payment processor issue solved yet. was told it would be fixed january 1 but not so....
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
January 22, 2014, 10:14:47 AM
I know this isn't really the best place to do so but we have been trying to get our $$ back from AMT for a couple weeks now with various voicemails and emails sent their way and no response as of yet except 1 missed phone call returned.

what did you order?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
January 22, 2014, 04:41:54 AM
You are all looking too much into this.   A few week ago everyone was saying AMT was a fraud  now we are correcting their gamer lol

"Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain "

In that sense, yep, they are still frauds. They are deliberately deceiving (prospective) customers.
Activity: 35
January 22, 2014, 03:03:17 AM

Activity: 145
BitRoll
January 21, 2014, 09:08:44 PM

Yes its another expense most wouldn't choose to do, but we feel keeping production of these miners local, rather than outsourcing everything to china like most, will pay off in the end. Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip is now produced in America, by Americans.

AMT

WTF??? It was not supposed to be the chips from Bitmine (Switzerland)HuhHuh
Again we have confusing misleading info.

I assume English is not your native language so you're probably interpreting the sentence incorrectly.  What AMT is saying there is that the chips and the cases are NOT made in USA but all other components for the completed rig are made in the USA.

You are right about the language, but that's the importance of a comma

"Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip, is now produced in America, by Americans."

Better now?
Thanks in advance!

Ya grammatically it was not correct in AMT's original post.  Your version is technically the correct way to format that sentence.  Good or bad North American's have seemed to place less and less emphasis on punctuation and spelling in the last 20 years (myself included).  I personally make and read so many mistakes IRL and in various forums everyday that it just washes off unless the mistakes totally screw up the meaning or my understanding of the text.  I can see how it would make things a little more difficult for someone who doesn't speak English natively though!

You are all looking too much into this.   A few week ago everyone was saying AMT was a fraud  now we are correcting their gamer lol
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
January 19, 2014, 09:21:01 AM

Yes its another expense most wouldn't choose to do, but we feel keeping production of these miners local, rather than outsourcing everything to china like most, will pay off in the end. Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip is now produced in America, by Americans.

AMT

I assume English is not your native language so you're probably interpreting the sentence incorrectly.  What AMT is saying there is that the chips and the cases are NOT made in USA but all other components for the completed rig are made in the USA.

"Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip, is now produced in America, by Americans."

Better now?
Thanks in advance!

Ya grammatically it was not correct in AMT's original post.  Your version is technically the correct way to format that sentence.  Good or bad North American's have seemed to place less and less emphasis on punctuation and spelling in the last 20 years (myself included).  I personally make and read so many mistakes IRL and in various forums everyday that it just washes off unless the mistakes totally screw up the meaning or my understanding of the text.  I can see how it would make things a little more difficult for someone who doesn't speak English natively though!
Activity: 73
January 19, 2014, 03:21:04 AM

AMT

Better now?
Thanks in advance!
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
January 18, 2014, 11:39:12 PM
Also wanted to note...

On the website, the telephone number on the top-leftright, overlaps the "contact" link in the menu. It can't be read, at least on chrome...

Might be missing some HTML/CSS there...
Code:
January 18, 2014, 09:01:58 PM

AMT

"less" our "lian li" cases and "the chip" is now produced in America, by Americans.

Now I do hope that the design of the logic board is the same design that is developed by Bitmine.ch  .

The good news is that the logic boards and the smt placements aren't a bottleneck here.  

Now if they can shorten the entire delivery lifecycle by not even including the case... have them ship it like they ship those asic miner boards... just give instructions on how to apply power and connect to a computer!!!!

Heck... if I were them... I would simplify the entire process by just shipping finished boards!!  Kind of like how NewEgg just sells motherboards.

I had some ideas to improve service and ideas around modularity:-

- A modular chassis with warrantied system boards, pre-paid option to ship out replacement boards immediately, with money back guarantee once faulty board unit(s) are accepted as returned.
- Easy slot in mounts for boards, replacement performed in < 1 minute
- Easy plugin ribbon cable, snap-in and your done
- Air, Liquid, Oil cooling options for higher density, over-clocked or next-gen boards
- Build up board slots to cost level you can afford at purchase time
- Buy chassis with single board as a starting point option, or order fully populated or anything in-between
- Modular power supplies to support larger system build outs and upgrade levels
- Simple way to chain systems together for higher hash difficultly levels in the future e.g. 1024+, an external hub is a little chunky I find...
- 3 weeks aiming for target of 7 days maximum purchase to delivery pipeline, including automated upgrade credits into customer account for every day behind schedule
- Tuning to power available at the wall, some of this already appears possible with Bitmine chips, e.g. 10A, 15A, 20A, 30A power circuits
- Customer Loyalty Program, for every system or upgrade you buy, you get credits towards next purchase or discounts off additional upgrades (needs to be published transparent).
- Emails and phone must be returned within 24 hours, otherwise customer is entitled to upgrade credits for every 24 hours behind in response

Some of these ideas maybe a stretch at the moment, but some of them would go a long ways towards improving product and customer service experience including helping towards an improved after purchase customer experience. The mining s/w provide probably needs a lot more QA to just work out of the box in various scenarios and for there be free upgrades/bugs fixes provided regularly. I suspect the companies that really strive in these early days to provide the best customer service will retain many of there customers as competition heats up.

I really like the idea of the credit when they miss service level timings and customer loyalty programs.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
January 18, 2014, 07:21:43 PM

AMT

"less" our "lian li" cases and "the chip" is now produced in America, by Americans.

Now I do hope that the design of the logic board is the same design that is developed by Bitmine.ch  .

The good news is that the logic boards and the smt placements aren't a bottleneck here.  

Now if they can shorten the entire delivery lifecycle by not even including the case... have them ship it like they ship those asic miner boards... just give instructions on how to apply power and connect to a computer!!!!

Heck... if I were them... I would simplify the entire process by just shipping finished boards!!  Kind of like how NewEgg just sells motherboards.
Activity: 238
January 18, 2014, 07:16:18 PM

AMT

Jump to: