Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 127. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!
Good Evening, Miners!

We're currently migrating DNS for Eligius.st and are experiencing some minor issues.  In the event that you have trouble connecting, please try using mining.eligi.us in the interim.

Note that after Eligius.st's transition is complete, eligi.us will undergo the same transition, so, please be mindful of your changes!

Thanks!

-wk

Nslookup on mining.eligius.st Return error

When is the Transition complete?
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
I've been waiting a payment since two weeks ago, but I didn't received yet  Embarrassed

Supposedly, I must wait some days after the last activity on the pool. But I've seen how the countdown restarts twice; now, it says " you will enter the payout queue, due to inactivity, in approximately 6 days and 13 minutes." But two days ago the time to go into queue was 3 days!!!

What happens!?
Sounds like additional earnings are added to your balance because of lucky blocks.
Activity: 252
I've been waiting a payment since two weeks ago, but I didn't received yet  Embarrassed

Supposedly, I must wait some days after the last activity on the pool. But I've seen how the countdown restarts twice; now, it says " you will enter the payout queue, due to inactivity, in approximately 6 days and 13 minutes." But two days ago the time to go into queue was 3 days!!!

What happens!?
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Cgminer does have some ongoing bugs related to GBT mining (Eligius default) which the developers keep trying to say do not exist, which could be the cause for your rejects.

If you must use cgminer, I suggest using stratum on port 3334. Otherwise i'd suggest a switch to bfgminer and see if that solves your problem (likely will).

-Wk

Moving to bfgminer solved the 'unknown-work' problems for me, thx! (Used cgminer 2.2 and 3.0, both same problem)
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Good Evening, Miners!

We're currently migrating DNS for Eligius.st and are experiencing some minor issues.  In the event that you have trouble connecting, please try using mining.eligi.us in the interim.

Note that after Eligius.st's transition is complete, eligi.us will undergo the same transition, so, please be mindful of your changes!

Thanks!

-wk
Activity: 98
Gotta say I was using BFGMiner with Eligius 8337 port and was getting very variable hash rates. For some reason was getting a lot of old work and rejected shares. Then recently just found out that stratum was working on 3334, and now my hash rates are high, stable, and mining is way more efficient!
Activity: 434
Now that Eligius has been on CPPSRB for a while how do people like it? Thinking about using it for an alt coin pool or two, and you guys are the forerunners with it. Wink
Activity: 266
yeah i couldn't figure out what the deal was, worked fine before the update.  switched over to BFG, working like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion and quick reply
legendary
are there any server issues at the moment? i updated my cgminer to the latest version and have been getting a high amount of rejected shares since then.  Only on eligius though, i tried slush, coinotron(across many different coins), etc and they all seem to be working fine

Nope. All seems well on the pool side. Cgminer does have some ongoing bugs related to GBT mining (Eligius default) which the developers keep trying to say do not exist, which could be the cause for your rejects.

If you must use cgminer, I suggest using stratum on port 3334. Otherwise i'd suggest a switch to bfgminer and see if that solves your problem (likely will).

-Wk
Activity: 266
are there any server issues at the moment? i updated my cgminer to the latest version and have been getting a high amount of rejected shares since then.  Only on eligius though, i tried slush, coinotron(across many different coins), etc and they all seem to be working fine
Activity: 344
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!
Activity: 77
Fine by me....too bad there's always people trying to exploit the system...
legendary
In other words, these new changes won't have any effect on 99% of the miners, who maintain a decent hashrate and don't change addresses.

It won't have any effect on 99.9% of miners, period.  Its not hashrate dependent.

For sake of completeness, not hashrate dependent unless your total hashrate is less than 0.0008 Mh/sec, less than 1 share every 60 days.  At that point I'm not sure they'd notice anyway...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
In other words, these new changes won't have any effect on 99% of the miners, who maintain a decent hashrate and don't change addresses.
legendary
Greetings Eligius Miners!

After much debate, there are going to need to be some minor changes to the current reward system/payout system.

As most everyone knows, Eligius pays directly from the generation/coinbase transaction.  Also, Eligius miners enter the payout queue for payment via coinbase once they reach 100 TBC (~0.167 BTC) or they have been inactive for two weeks.

Unfortunately someone has decided to exploit the 7 day timeout caveat by changing their payout address after very few shares.  Our payout queue contained 800 addresses earlier, but only had 50 BTC or so in payments listed. (An average way below the minimum.)

This entity seems to have started mining a bit over a week ago, and now their addresses are starting to hit the payout queue.  When the coinbase payout transaction reached about 500 addresses, this popped up issues with Avalon miners and stratum proxy miners because for whatever reason they were not able to handle hashing the larger coinbase transaction.  So, for the time being I have implemented a minimum payout for coinbase payout at 10 TBC (0.01048576) regardless of the 7 day timeout.

Now, the very small "dust" payouts will be done manually, however this is not an ideal solution, as it supports abuse of our payout system and just adds a lot of clutter overall to the pool and the blockchain and just isn't good for the network in general.

As a more solid solution, I will be implementing an absolute minimum payout amount, tentatively discussed to be set at 2 TBC (0.00131072 BTC).  If a pool username/address has not mined at least 2 TBC, and their balance does not increase for 60 days or more, then that balance will be forfeited.  Since the total of these amounts should be pretty insignificant, I will be setting them to be aggregated occasionally and subsequently donated to the pool.

Summary of how things will work now, effective within 48 hours:

• I will be paying out all current "dust" amounts in the payout queue manually so that these changes are not retroactive.
  • After this is done, the new rules will be in effect.
  • Currently active miners, regardless of hashrate, will be uneffected by these changes.
  • Miners who reach the minimum payout amount of 100 TBC (~0.167 BTC) will enter the payout queue as normal.
  • Miners who reach a balance of at least 10 TBC (0.01048576 BTC) and then become inactive* for 7+ days will enter the payout queue as normal.
  • Miners who reach a balance of at least 2 TBC (0.00131072 BTC) and then become inactive* for 7+ days will NOT enter the payout queue for a coinbase based payout and will instead be paid out manually, periodically, at the pool's discretion.
  • Miners who reach a balance of less than 2 TBC and then become inactive* for 7+ days will NOT enter the payout queue for a coinbase based payout and will NOT be paid manually.  If the miner remains inactive* for a total of 60 days or more, then their balance will be donated to the pool.
  • Miners who meet the above provision for balance forfeiture, but also have shelved shares or SMPPS extra credit will not lose these amounts, however any future rewarding of these shelved shares/extra credit to a balance at the pool will once again fall under the above provisions as normal.
*: "Inactive" is, and has been defined at Eligius, as: no new valid shares submitted and no new shelved shares rewarded to account balance for 7 days.

One potential side effect of this new policy that some may need to be aware of:

• Miners who actively mine, but do change their address occasionally should not change addresses until their balance is at least 2 TBC, otherwise this small dust amount may be forfeited.

I feel that 2 TBC (0.00131072 BTC) is a small enough amount to eliminate any real issues with legitimate miners losing any credit.  Many pools implement limits where you can never be paid less than 0.1 or 0.01 BTC and such, so, I feel this amount is reasonable, however, is subject to change.  Any legitimate miner who does fall under the 60 day timeout provision with a balance less than 2 TBC is welcome to contact me directly on IRC or via email with a signed message for their address requesting a payout of their dust balance be included in the next batch of manual payouts, and I will do so, at my discretion.

Again, my apologies for these changes.  Please just realize that they are not as confusing as they sound, and I assure you they should not impact any legitimate miners of the Eligius pool.

I'm sure there will be questions about this, so, feel free to post them or contact me and I will be glad to address concerns!

Thanks, and as always, happy mining! Cheesy

-wk

Note: A signed version of this message is available here. Edit: includes some minor typographical errors which were corrected in this post.
legendary
Through fire and water. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I hashed him, the Bitcoin Block of Morgoth. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the block chain.

Darkness took me then. And I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a a life-age of GPU cycles. But it was not the end. I felt light in me again. I've been sent back to hash some more, until ASICs kick my azz.

This made me chuckle. Cheesy
Activity: 378
Congratulation Eligius, you have now officially entered the lowest luck ever run!  Past record was 16.8% on June 15, 2012.
Now we are at 16.5%, on a 43 hours run @ 1.7 THash/s  without a block Grin

Well, tough luck I guess! Tongue

And... from a long 44 hours lethargy... 2 consecutive blocks under 1½ minute Shocked  Statistics gaining back on us!
Activity: 98
Through fire and water. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I hashed him, the Bitcoin Block of Morgoth. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the block chain.

Darkness took me then. And I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a a life-age of GPU cycles. But it was not the end. I felt light in me again. I've been sent back to hash some more, until ASICs kick my azz.
Jump to: