Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 128. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Congratulation Eligius, you have now officially entered the lowest luck ever run!  Past record was 16.8% on June 15, 2012.
Now we are at 16.5%, on a 43 hours run @ 1.7 THash/s  without a block Grin

Well, tough luck I guess! Tongue
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Ah thanks for the clarification. So I should be fine using stratum with BFGMiner and -o stratum+tcp://mining.eligius.st:3334 then?

Yes. Welcome to Eligius. Get us a block!  Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Ah thanks for the clarification. So I should be fine using stratum with BFGMiner and -o stratum+tcp://mining.eligius.st:3334 then?
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
I've been mining at a constant rate, but my Unpaid Balance is static (or sometimes decreasing!), while my Shelved Shares are increasing! Can someone explain why I have been mining for past 12 hours but my Unpaid Balance is not going up?

Also, I understand stratum is not working on Eligius?

We're currently in the middle of what seems to be a pretty unlucky round.  CPPSRB has a share log, and the top part of the share log is the estimated balance.  The pool can't pay more than it will receive from the block that is eventually found, so, it adds what it can to balance estimates, and the rest go to shelved shares to be paid by possible future blocks.  When we do eventually find a block, you'll notice that your balance estimate increase will still be about the same for the next round with the difference between what you've actually mined since the start of the round and the total estimate being taken from your shelved shares.  So no worries, just the reward system at work.

Also, stratum is working fine, and a large % of Eligius's hash power uses it.
GUIminer's stratum (poclbm I believe) is broken and does not properly handle target difficulties with stratum.  And for some reason the miner lies and says shares are accepted by the pool even though the miner has never sent any data to the pool in the first place. (I confirmed this with pcap earlier.)

-wk
Activity: 98
I've been mining at a constant rate, but my Unpaid Balance is static (or sometimes decreasing!), while my Shelved Shares are increasing! Can someone explain why I have been mining for past 12 hours but my Unpaid Balance is not going up?

Also, I understand stratum is not working on Eligius?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Thanks for the update, wiz! You're doing a great job at this pool, I'm glad I chose this when MtRed closed.
legendary
Anyone else having issues staying connected?

Been some reports, but I can not find anything pool-side that is causing it.

My personal miners are connected without issue, as well as some checks from servers around the world not having issues.

I will keep an eye on things.

-wk

This looks like a generic internet routing issue not directly related to the pool which is affecting users who route through Level 3 Communications and some Cogent Communications nodes which land at the pool.

I would expect that this issue will correct itself soon.

-wk

legendary

Been some reports, but I can not find anything pool-side that is causing it.

My personal miners are connected without issue, as well as some checks from servers around the world not having issues.

I will keep an eye on things.

-wk
Activity: 344
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!
For me it's just the graphs are not updating, the other stats seem to be working. (Unpaid Balance, Hashrate Average, Latest Payouts)

at me the hashrate 128 seconds and 256 seconds are correct, the 22.5 minutes and 3 Hours are from yesterday
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
For me it's just the graphs are not updating, the other stats seem to be working. (Unpaid Balance, Hashrate Average, Latest Payouts)
Activity: 344
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!
anyone else noticing their stats page not updating? or is that just me at the moment. 
me too
Activity: 266
anyone else noticing their stats page not updating? or is that just me at the moment. 
Where is the 'Like' button !

Hopefully soon we'll have the tip bot like the bitcointip bot on reddit. It'll make "liking" someone's post a lot easier!
Activity: 116
bitcoin afficionado
Where is the 'Like' button !
legendary
I guess you won't need to change much even when I finally finish the official stats API. Smiley
API for blocks history? Sweet! CSV or JSON?

I was actually going to make it configurable as either JSON, CSV, or tab-delimited text, along with options for limitting the query (minheight=210000, for example), as well as customizing the fields output.

There will be APIs for detailed block data (including all payouts and other data available for each block if desired), data for all manually sent payouts, as well as various individual and aggregated miner stats (pool-wide and individual hashrate datas dating back over a year, share counts per timeframe on a pool-wide of individual basis, etc).

I'm pretty ambitious, and I plan on having this be the most comprehensive pool API ever. Cheesy

P.S. - The code which outputs this data will be open source also. Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Been working on a resources balancing act with the stats.  I think I'm going to try to get some actual load balancing going with them very soon, likely moving stats to another server entirely to save resources on the main server.  My priority is keeping the pool itself operation, with stats secondary.  The stats always catch up even if they go down or "stall" for a while, so, I keep them as a secondary priority.

Thanks for the support!

-wk

I meant to post a thank you ages ago - you've kept the Eligius stats page stable and easy to scrape. I haven't had to touch the weekly stats scripts since you took over. So thanks for doing a great job, and I hope some of your miners are donating to help support the work you do. There's a lot to like about this pool.

Thank you for the encouragement! Smiley

I guess you won't need to change much even when I finally finish the official stats API. Smiley

API for blocks history? Sweet! CSV or JSON?
legendary
Been working on a resources balancing act with the stats.  I think I'm going to try to get some actual load balancing going with them very soon, likely moving stats to another server entirely to save resources on the main server.  My priority is keeping the pool itself operation, with stats secondary.  The stats always catch up even if they go down or "stall" for a while, so, I keep them as a secondary priority.

Thanks for the support!

-wk

I meant to post a thank you ages ago - you've kept the Eligius stats page stable and easy to scrape. I haven't had to touch the weekly stats scripts since you took over. So thanks for doing a great job, and I hope some of your miners are donating to help support the work you do. There's a lot to like about this pool.

Thank you for the encouragement! Smiley

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

Thanks for the support!

-wk

legendary
Anyone else notice that the user stats are "stalled"? Mine have the exact same hashrate listed for the past 4 hours or so.

Noticed the stats page freezing today, it seems to be okay now.. Smiley

Thanks for the support!

-wk
Jump to: