Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 131. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Greetings miners!

So far, I've not yet completed my signmessage-based control panel for user options. Sad  Hopefully sometime this week or at the latest on the weekend I will have time to do so.

In the meantime, one of the biggest complaints/questions about the pool has been regarding the minimum payout of 400 TBC (0.67108864 BTC) being too high with today's difficulty and USD market price.

So, that said, would anyone have any objections to lowering the global minimum payout for Eligius to 100 TBC (0.16777216 BTC), at least until the user control panel is completed and users can choose their own minimum payout.

I do believe the current minimum payout was decided when the difficulty was at or below 1,000,000, and BTC->USD price was in the single digits, so, with difficulty currently around 4-5M, and market price much higher, I think this a reasonable drop in minimum payout.  At current difficulty, a 1GH/sec miner would reach the payout queue with the new minimum on average every 38 hours.

If there are no real objections to this, I will go ahead and make this change very soon (within the next couple of days).

Happy mining!

-wk
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I just found out there is a minimum payout ... switching back to p2pool - I am too small for eligius too. May be later Smiley

Technically speaking, there is a minimum payout with p2pool also, due to higher difficulty.

I'm waiting for eligius and other pools to start setting the global minimum difficulty above 1.0...
FWIW, the latest BFGMiner (git at least) has a --request-diff option.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
Global difficulty probably wont be for a while.  Eligius, surprisingly, has quite a few very low hashrate miners still.  So, global difficulty increase could make some of them submit only a few shares per day!

Correct.  They will get paid the same rate, and it reflects the increased network difficulty.

legendary
I just found out there is a minimum payout ... switching back to p2pool - I am too small for eligius too. May be later Smiley

Technically speaking, there is a minimum payout with p2pool also, due to higher difficulty.

I'm waiting for eligius and other pools to start setting the global minimum difficulty above 1.0...

Global difficulty probably wont be for a while.  Eligius, surprisingly, has quite a few very low hashrate miners still.  So, global difficulty increase could make some of them submit only a few shares per day!

I have been making some progress on my user control panel and I've been looking for a large enough block of free time to simply knock out the rest of the code for it.

Options include minimum payout setting, starting difficulty setting, donation to pool %, and a few other minor things.  All updated via signmessage for the miner address.  (On a side note, I had actually planned on making the control panel completely client-side using javascript and such to construct the message to be signed so that updating the options would be done simply by submitting the appropriate signed message, but that was proving a little more complicated than I would like, so, just going to generate the message to be signed server-side for now.)

I've had little free time the past several weeks due to non-bitcoin/pool related obligations eating my time.  I should be able to work on this very soon, though.

Also, manual payout sent in txid 10cc8398cca905a1129710bb6bef926f24c39c32f93eea8a66408db586c965a2 to catch up the payout queue from the longpoll-work blocks and such that were found.

-wk
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

Once the average speed of users grows a bit more, I'm looking into a minimum difficulty of 4 or 8 to start miners with on my pool, rather than 1.  It can still be adjusted down with var-diff, but it will help for users who don't set their minimum difficulty adequately for ASICs.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099

.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
legendary
Payout queue is getting a little long.  Manual payout soon.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Just wanted to take a second to welcome all of the new miners to the pool!  Smiley

Looks more like 2 more more very, very large miners.  Shocked

Maybe ASICMINER is mining here.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
bitcoin afficionado
No queue and last block went to :
1GBT3CRvTCadJGUEKrsbv1AdvLqcjscaUb 0.00000001 BTC
18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B 25.14056999 BTC

18d3... is not in the list of contributors.

Am I missing something ?

EDIT: found an earlier mention of 18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B, it's a "superviser mode" address when precaution is on.
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
Just wanted to take a second to welcome all of the new miners to the pool!  Smiley

Looks more like 2 more more very, very large miners.  Shocked
legendary
Just wanted to take a second to welcome all of the new miners to the pool!  Smiley
legendary
FWIW, Eligius was the only pool that survived yesterday's hardfork incident not-by-coincidence Smiley

Since it work from both 0.6.0 and 0.8.0, it actually detected the problem.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Eligius' primary bitcoind is 0.6.0
legendary
Just to allay my and others' fears: what version bitcoind are you using?  Has the chain fork affected eligius?
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Something funny going on with the pool's web site.  The charts and tables are all empty.

Just a small bug. It's been fixed.
legendary
Something funny going on with the pool's web site.  The charts and tables are all empty.
legendary
Just figured I would quote this here from this other thread, as it seems relevant.

BTW, Luke-Jr doesn't share with miners, it looks like Eligius keeps all the fees...

Actually, Luke-Jr doesn't have a whole lot to do with that anymore.  (See this post).

And I'm currently trying to work out a way to be able to distribute fees to miners under the CPPSRB system, so, bear with me!

-wk
But he still has full access to the private details of the pool ... so it's not like anything has really changed ...

Of course he does.  I was given my own access by him, and there has been no reason for his own access to be removed.  However, he only really ever needs to do anything for the pool itself really when something breaks and I'm not around.

The entire reward system was written from scratch by me making the pool as a whole essentially rewritten by me.  Obviously the pool still uses Eloipool, written by Luke-Jr, along with the corresponding Eligius bitcoin branch for bitcoind, and I have no issue with him pulling updates to these things himself.

But no one besides myself ever touches any of the code for what really makes the pool a working pool (reward system, stats, back-end database structure, etc).  There is very little code left related to the "pre-wizkid" Eligius running on the pool server.  One example would be the namecoin SMPPS code, which is scheduled for shutdown in a couple of weeks anyway, leaving really next to nothing from the old Eligius as part of the pool.

Also, there really aren't many "private details" at Eligius.  Almost everything running is either open source, exposed via API or stats, announced, or otherwise as transparent as possible.  (A notable exception being the CPPSRB reward system code itself, which I am still actively developing and testing. Since this code directly handles payouts of actual coins, I'm not quite ready for the code to see the light of day until I've had the time to fully dot my I's, cross my T's, and audit it for any potential security issues.)

But, back to the topic at hand, fees from Eligius blocks are, under the hosting agreement, to be shared with the server sponsor.  It is being discussed on how this agreement can be changed to benefit Eligius miners.

Also, if someone comes forward soon with properly signed messages proving original ownership of this obviously large mistake of a transaction fee, I will be glad to speak with them about it.

-wk
legendary
The value affects the average expected spend amount, so would influence the minimum payout.
I'd wait a bit and see if the new price holds for a month at least first, though.

But last I heard, wizkid057 was planning to make it user-configurable anyway.
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
The BTC price has skyrocketed before.  The minimum payment amount is designed to minimize fees when spending the earnings.  As such, I don't think it would be wise to consider any conversion rate in any decision regarding the minimum payout amount.

ETA:  It might even be unwise.  Consider the fact that the same minimum fee to spend a transaction that doesn't exceed the low/no-fee requirements would be more expensive to someone looking at BTC as if it were valued at the conversion rate instead of being valued in BTC.
Jump to: