Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 132. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
Now that the BTC price has skyrocketed, are there any plans to lower the minimum payout amount?
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Great job on the stats. Thank you wizkid.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Greetings, Eligius Miners!

So, few things going on recently!  First, lots of updates to the stats as many have noticed.  (Thank you to those who donated, its appreciated!)  Additions to user stats pages, as well as a couple of graphs to help describe the "luck/variance" of the CPPSRB reward system in the form of a hypothetical 1GH miner that was mining for the past 60 days.  Notice that as of now, that miner would have been paid close to 100% PPS.  It actually was at 100%, but, few recent bad-luck rounds dropped it down a little bit, but, I expect it will rebound soon!

Some additions and fixes to the pool software have been applied.  Nothing too major.

Vardiff has been decently tested and has been in full effect. (Bring on the the ASICs!)

Most notably, however, is a brief announcement regarding namecoin merged mining.  It seems now that the namecoin project is essentially dead, and more recently the namecoin block chain has become the target of abuse for use as arbitrary data storage, which is unacceptable.  I'm going to monitor this closely.  However, since the namecoin block chain is likely to only be more and more abused (and, as far as I can tell, is not used anywhere for it's intended purpose anymore), Eligius will no longer be offering namecoin merged mining.

So the official announcement at this time is, in 30 days, on Saturday, March 23, 2013, Eligius will cease merged mining of the namecoin block chain.  All unpaid NMC balances will be paid at or around this time.  Edit: Note that if the namecoin block chain is overly abused in this time, the pool will drop namecoin support sooner.

If by some chance the general fate of namecoin changes for the better at anytime, this decision can be revisited, of course.

Happy mining!

-wk
Space Lord
Who's the mystery miner?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Mr asic miner thats mining at our pool, please don't go away! We're 0% fee! Hop-proof too!
Space Lord
We received it. Thanks!
legendary
Greetings!

Manual payout sent to catch up from the couple of empty longpoll-work blocks we mined recently!  Payout queue is back to normal length. Smiley

Blockchain.info - Transaction 0fdd24e2f860f00ce89cf330883c8a0b99279276d123918be67d8aa0cfec7040

Note that due to Eligius's lower than normal fee policy, that transaction may not make it into a block until Eligius mines it.

Thanks!

-wk
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
bitcoin afficionado
Nice work on the stats.  Wink
legendary
So I might get paid the 0.26804234 BTC in shelved shares that have been sitting there for months?

you would be payed 50% of those 0.26804234, read post above yours

I believe that number already took into account the recent fix.
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
So I might get paid the 0.26804234 BTC in shelved shares that have been sitting there for months?

you would be payed 50% of those 0.26804234, read post above yours
Space Lord
legendary
Greetings!

Tons of improvements to the stats today, the majority in the individual user pages.  Check it out!

For example: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1EXfBqvLTyFbL6Dr5CG1fjxNKEPSezg7yF

Enjoy!

-wk
Space Lord
So I thought... Thanks for the swift answer.
legendary
What's up with the payments... Eligius owes 80 BTC.

We had a couple blocks made from longpoll work, which cant contain payouts for a few reasons.

I will be processing a manual pay out later today to take care of most of the payout queue.

-wk
Space Lord
What's up with the payments... Eligius owes 80 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Shares are (supposed to be) recorded as their value at the time they were found - but that value needs to be measured in fraction-of-block-reward. That means every 4 years, it effectively halves like the rest of Bitcoin.

I didn't expect there to be any argument with this, so I just told wizkid057 to go ahead with fixing it before we accidentally overpaid any more (IIRC, there was 2-5 BTC overpaid at the time we noticed the problem). In theory, it's also in theory easier to reverse this fix, than it would be to fix it later after having overpaid shares. If there's a concern this might not be the right decision, we should have time to discuss it (I suggest a dedicated thread started by someone opposed to the fix).
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Anybody can explain what this is ?

About 2.5 BTC from "Shelved Shares" and about 2BTC from "SMMPS extra credit" just dissappeared in the last 24 hours.
Look up...  I'm not sure I understand, since we should be paid what the shares were worth when we mined them, but there is the official explanation, and it is vague enough that we may indeed be getting paid as such (original share worth).
Greetings once again!

Good news.  As of our last block we have paid 100% PPS to every share submitted since the reward halving in November. Cheesy

The so-so news is that the pool is now working on paying for work from far in the past (November on back) when it's lucky, and it was brought to my attention that i did not design one detail of the CPPSRB system correctly.  Share values are supposed to be stored as a portion of the block subsidy based on difficulty, in order to be statistically viable long term.  The short of this means that, now that I've fixed this, SMPPS extra credit and shelved shares from prior to the reward halving now have their correct values based on 25 BTC block rewards.  Had I not corrected this, the pool would have been overpaying older miner's old shares at the expense of current miners, now that we're all caught up to the point where paying some of these old shares is possible.

In any case, this may make some older miner's stats look a little odd, since any old EC/SS is now halved to match the current block subsidy, however the numbers are in fact correct.

-wk

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
bitcoin afficionado
Anybody can explain what this is ?

About 2.5 BTC from "Shelved Shares" and about 2BTC from "SMMPS extra credit" just dissappeared in the last 24 hours.

donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

I went offline for maintenance and it's taking a tad too long (1 week). Got paid.

The thing is, I had no idea how many shelved shares did I have.
legendary

Depends on how old they are, really.  As of right now, all Shelved Shares from about November 28th to the start of this current round have been paid to miners.

If yours are older than that, then, they will have to wait for more luck before the pool goes back far enough to pay them.

If you want, tell me the address you use to mine and I can look.  (IIRC, you use Eligius for backup, which means you probably leak a share or two over occasionally at least, which would reset your timeout-entry into the payout queue if you have < 0.67BTC unpaid.)

-wk
Jump to: