Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 140. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
I stopped mining at eligius a few weeks ago and noticed a considerable credit had built up in my absence.  Alluding to a previous about it taking forever to get paid out, what should I do to kick this credit loose?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I did the calculate and my whole post just got erased

thanks guys

miner.Earned += 50 BTC / pdifficult
"pdifficulty" is an abbreviation for "pool difficulty", calculated as difficulty*(2^32-65535)/(2^32-1)

I got:
.0000228223###############
.00002282202593965692 is Mt. Red

Eligiuis pays more than mt. red? or did i calculate wrong

Eligius is currently SMPPS, not PPS.  They're similar but not quite the same.  It would definitely not fit for your thread which is only showing actual PPS rates (Mt.Red might not even belong there, need to find out if they still pay shares that were part of an orphaned block).  As for your calculated rate, you used a rounded number for difficulty.  The exact difficulty (2190865.97010286 per blockchain.info) returns the result you have for Mt. Red.

i did use the full decminal places for my calculation and i dont believe microsoft calculator limited it

and now I don't know what SMPPS is
The algorithm you quoted from...
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

thanks guys

"pdifficulty" is an abbreviation for "pool difficulty", calculated as difficulty*(2^32-65535)/(2^32-1)

I got:

Eligius is currently SMPPS, not PPS.  They're similar but not quite the same.  It would definitely not fit for your thread which is only showing actual PPS rates (Mt.Red might not even belong there, need to find out if they still pay shares that were part of an orphaned block).  As for your calculated rate, you used a rounded number for difficulty.  The exact difficulty (2190865.97010286 per blockchain.info) returns the result you have for Mt. Red.

i did use the full decminal places for my calculation and i dont believe microsoft calculator limited it

and now I don't know what SMPPS is
legendary

thanks guys

I got:

Except for the extra credit "tax" we're hit by with SMPPS. New miners are better off mining elsewhere until the new reward system is setup, unfortunately Sad
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

thanks guys

I got:

thanks guys

I got:

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
For more information on how to register your own .st domain go to The Official .ST Domain Registry website at www.nic.st
The managers of the top level .st domain went AWOL. see http://blorn.com/post/29851770158/beware-cutesy-two-letter-tlds-for-your-domain-name

This domain name, "eligius.st", may still be available for registration! 
You have arrived at this page because the domain name you entered is not currently active on the Internet. If you have recently registered or modified this domain name, you can expect it to become active within the next 24 hours.

For more information on how to register your own .st domain go to The Official .ST Domain Registry website at www.nic.st
Does Eligius pay the same per share as Mt. Red?

Is price per share at .00002282202593965692?
legendary
Seems eligius.st is broken at the .st TLD level. I'm trying to get that fixed, but in the meantime eligi.us is working for mining.

Just checking if it's safe to change my mining to elgi.us for the time being, or will this DNS entry only be valid while the .st domain is down?
Eligi.us has been registered since about the same time as Eligius.st and will likely remain functional. Other options are eligius.info and eligius.us
Activity: 767
Seems eligius.st is broken at the .st TLD level. I'm trying to get that fixed, but in the meantime eligi.us is working for mining.

Just checking if it's safe to change my mining to elgi.us for the time being, or will this DNS entry only be valid while the .st domain is down?

Will
legendary
Does Eligius pay the same per share as Mt. Red?
Activity: 807
dmo580, these are links about the problem and possible solutions:Two of these were posted before you started mining (and were the most recent two posts prior to yours), and you could have read them instead of posting an already answered question and waiting for a response.  The third was posted in response to your question in a rather timely manner.  The latter two go to the same place, and the earlier one is probably defunct, but all discuss the problem you are concerned about in depth, along with future plans for the pool.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
I think you should consider (maybe in a separate pool?) a small entry fee in exchange of a guaranteed payoff feature within 1 or 2 days of inactivity. Say 0.1 BTC entry (to be deducted from the initial mining) in exchange of having any remainder paid when abandoning an address (the average amount lost when you can't time this is (0.67108864 / 2)BTC unless I'm missing something).

I know I would personally opt-in to this service for any new addresses.
legendary
Am I correct that the SMPPS could potentially be in debt and as a result it will take *forever* for someone to reach max payout? I've been mining 48 hours now with 1 GHash and I've only gotten paid like 0.10 BTC. I guess that's kinda sad, but it seems like I need to wait forever until I get to my max payout which is over 1 BTC.
SMPPS can't be in debt because it doesn't promise anything more than it has available. The way SMPPS implements that is a big flaw when it comes to new miners, which is why change is being considered...
Well it never pays out more than it has, but it's considered debt because it has to continue to pay out after the miner has quit mining. Thus it's considered a debt. So as more people leave, the longer it will take to pay out the remainder you're owed.... I suppose it's like social security. The last ones in get... screwed.
It's not considered debt, because it's not guaranteed you'll ever get it converted to Bitcoins. Otherwise, this sounds mostly right.

What's the issue with new miners? Is there an explanation for this? I guess I shouldn't have just jumped onto Eligius? I was tired of Mt Red's downtime Sad
Well, as you just noted, "the last ones in get screwed": that's new miners. You're welcome to mine of course, but unfortunately chances are Eligius-Ra will leave you with a lot of extra credit when all is said and done. Sad
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Am I correct that the SMPPS could potentially be in debt and as a result it will take *forever* for someone to reach max payout? I've been mining 48 hours now with 1 GHash and I've only gotten paid like 0.10 BTC. I guess that's kinda sad, but it seems like I need to wait forever until I get to my max payout which is over 1 BTC.
SMPPS can't be in debt because it doesn't promise anything more than it has available. The way SMPPS implements that is a big flaw when it comes to new miners, which is why change is being considered...

Well it never pays out more than it has, but it's considered debt because it has to continue to pay out after the miner has quit mining. Thus it's considered a debt. So as more people leave, the longer it will take to pay out the remainder you're owed.... I suppose it's like social security. The last ones in get... screwed.

What's the issue with new miners? Is there an explanation for this? I guess I shouldn't have just jumped onto Eligius? I was tired of Mt Red's downtime Sad
legendary
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Jump to: