Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 139. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
...and you're not including stats for orphaned blocks.
2. From a stats point of view there's no reason not to include shares for orphaned blocks and reasons to include them. Unless it's just not possible?
Orphaned blocks simply don't exist, so they don't really have stats... Shares go toward whatever the next block is found, regardless of any orphans in the meantime.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Just a quick update on the new stats at http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/

Still finishing up the backend scripts so that the stats are updated correctly and smoothly without bogging down the web server.  Should be done most of that tomorrow.

After I'm happy the backend is functioning properly I'll start working on the appearance aspect. Smiley

Enjoy!

-wk

Good work - the table at http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/blocks.php is simple, and easier on the eye than the old table. It's also good to have the round start date/time there. I have a couple of little quibbles though: Round duration is not easily machine readable, and you're not including stats for orphaned blocks.

Since you're setting this up right now, can I make a couple of suggestions:
1. Would it be possible to provide a csv table of round data? It would make providing stats for the weekly pool stats and the Mining Pools threads much easier than the current HTML scraping method.
2. From a stats point of view there's no reason not to include shares for orphaned blocks and reasons to include them. Unless it's just not possible?

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Just a quick update on the new stats at http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/

Still finishing up the backend scripts so that the stats are updated correctly and smoothly without bogging down the web server.  Should be done most of that tomorrow.

After I'm happy the backend is functioning properly I'll start working on the appearance aspect. Smiley

Enjoy!

-wk
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Can someone explain what exactly is Extra Credit?

from: http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Shared_Maximum_PPS

"Miners accumulate Pay-Per-Share as usual. When a block is found, the pool counts the total unpaid PPS credits. If there are sufficient pool funds earned to pay them all in full PPS, that happens. If not, the miners are paid proportional to available funds. Remaining pool funds accumulate toward future payouts. The difference between a miner's actual (SMPPS) earnings and PPS earnings is retained as "extra credit", and considered in future blocks."
Activity: 41
Can someone explain what exactly is Extra Credit?
legendary
An update on the backend side... We are now the second pool to implement BIP 34 (block height in coinbase). Compatibility for BIP 22 (getblocktemplate, for decentralized mining) has also been brought up to the current draft, including support for BIP 23's "Basic Pool Extensions".

For the time being, Eligius will remain backward compatible with our old BIP 22 draft implementation (getmemorypool) as well.

Eloipool's gmp-proxy is not updated, and I do not plan to update it. Instead, I plan to enable Eloipool itself to run as a fully functional BIP 22/23 client and provide the same basic behaviour gmp-proxy did before, plus be able to use all its usual pool functions. This basically means you can run sub-pools under any other BIP 22/23-compliant pool (including nested sub-sub-pools).

Additionally, after I finish with the pool updates, I plan to implement a MIT-licensed library for BIP 22 and 23, which I will then use to enable BFGMiner to achieve a whole new level of efficiency, necessary and in time for the anticipated ASICs within the next month.

As for reward systems, we are still running on SMPPS. CPPSRB seems to have fairly good reception, so that seems like what we'll be migrating to in the coming week(s).
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Cheers Wizkid, BTC1.337 going your way.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
beast at work
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
After quite some time I have new stats up and running in a not-so-pretty fashion, eventually to replace the Artefact2 stats.

They are available here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/

Yes, they are not pretty, but, I wanted to get something online before the weekend because I will be out of town and unable to work on them until Wednesday.

However, everything there should be working.  Please email me or send me a message here or some other form of communication if you find a major flaw that cant wait until Wednesday.

I hope to make these into the best stats available for a pool. Smiley

I really need to dedicate a full few days to dev to get these perfect, but, I don't have that time to spare right now, so, just slow and steady.

Thanks for checking out the new stats! Bear with me as I work to make these stats much more presentable and awesome. Cheesy

-wizkid057

P.S. - I'm not above asking for some donations towards development if you can spare it: 17RGKaQHSC882xpB84MEA7i52zbwh9AFkR --- Thanks Smiley
Activity: 45
Thanks!

Can't wait for the stats to be up...
Activity: 52
I've been mining on this pool for about 36 hours with 2gh, how long before I should be worried that I didn't set something up correctly and wont be paid out?

Assuming that everything but the stats is still working correctly and that the payout queue is still only a few blocks deep, then at 2GH/s you should get payed roughly every 3 or 4 days of mining. The first payout could take an extra day because you don't have much EC yet.
when to expect the statistics to work?  Smiley
Activity: 45
Hey!

I'm a newbie here, my address is 183Z5YpZNVRuxtzZRDzwafqi23azGjS4BF

I've been mining on this pool for about 36 hours with 2gh, how long before I should be worried that I didn't set something up correctly and wont be paid out?
legendary
Most real-time discussion is in the IRC channel, though I'm of course taking forum posts and polls into consideration too. A lot of people didn't like the PPLNS plan; CPPSRB is similar to PPLNS, but without the objectionable parts (that is, it retains the EC, and pays out with less variance and in a more reasonable timeframe)
Thanks for the info.  I actually got that from the first poll (which didn't include it as an option).  I guess my question was actually about the timeframe and changes necessary.  I was under the impression you weren't switching yet, the second poll implied that whatever new thing we would use would have a separate URL, and then bam, artefact2's statistics are down to allow a new system to get up and running faster.  I'm not sure if it's a new system for statistics or for miners, and while EC is aparently transferring, I'm not sure whether or not I need to point my miners to a different server at a given point.  I guess I should check the OP, which I just did, and assume all is well since it hasn't changed.
Retaining EC doesn't really make parallel pools possible. Statistics had to be dealt with sooner than expected because they grow the disk use by at least 3 GB/day, and we were running out too fast...
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Most real-time discussion is in the IRC channel, though I'm of course taking forum posts and polls into consideration too. A lot of people didn't like the PPLNS plan; CPPSRB is similar to PPLNS, but without the objectionable parts (that is, it retains the EC, and pays out with less variance and in a more reasonable timeframe)
Thanks for the info.  I actually got that from the first poll (which didn't include it as an option).  I guess my question was actually about the timeframe and changes necessary.  I was under the impression you weren't switching yet, the second poll implied that whatever new thing we would use would have a separate URL, and then bam, artefact2's statistics are down to allow a new system to get up and running faster.  I'm not sure if it's a new system for statistics or for miners, and while EC is aparently transferring, I'm not sure whether or not I need to point my miners to a different server at a given point.  I guess I should check the OP, which I just did, and assume all is well since it hasn't changed.
legendary
Statistics are filling the disk fast, and since they don't allow for deleting data, it's doomed to die permanently within 1-2 weeks (47 GB remaining). If it fills the disk completely this time, it will also kill mining(!) too, so it's essential that we get things moving on the updates.

Patches welcome to adjust them to survive without endless share database... wizkid expressed that he might be able to finish new ones this weekend.

Based on all the past discussion, it seems like CPPSRB is the way to go, with EC carrying over from Eligius-Ra.
I feel like there's some other thread I should be watching, because I have no idea why statistics are down to set up a new server faster, or if I should be pointing at a new server.  The two poll threads I saw didn't have CPPSRB as an option (although I did see enough posts in them to understand why it would be the way to go).  Maybe this has all been posted in IRC or something other than this forum, but I would like to know what's going on, and only watch the forum.
Activity: 807
Statistics are filling the disk fast, and since they don't allow for deleting data, it's doomed to die permanently within 1-2 weeks (47 GB remaining). If it fills the disk completely this time, it will also kill mining(!) too, so it's essential that we get things moving on the updates.

Patches welcome to adjust them to survive without endless share database... wizkid expressed that he might be able to finish new ones this weekend.

Based on all the past discussion, it seems like CPPSRB is the way to go, with EC carrying over from Eligius-Ra.
I feel like there's some other thread I should be watching, because I have no idea why statistics are down to set up a new server faster, or if I should be pointing at a new server.  The two poll threads I saw didn't have CPPSRB as an option (although I did see enough posts in them to understand why it would be the way to go).  Maybe this has all been posted in IRC or something other than this forum, but I would like to know what's going on, and only watch the forum.
legendary
is there a problem with the statistics?

2nd.  I've got a 10-ish hour gap today where there were no statistics, but I don't believe my miners failed over.

Activity: 642

2nd.  I've got a 10-ish hour gap today where there were no statistics, but I don't believe my miners failed over.
Jump to: