Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 135. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
So is it officially back online then?
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Greetings again!

Looks like the CPPSRB code is successfully and correctly generating automatic payouts directly from the block's coinbase transaction, as intended.  This should put it virtually on auto pilot.  So, as far as miners are concerned, its basically done. Smiley

As for me, it needs some more work on the back end to tweak a few things and finish some coding loose ends, but all in all, miners should now be paid automatically based on the payout queue every block, provided they meet the either the minimum payout (roughly 0.67 BTC) or timeout requirement (no shares submitted for 7+ days).

Thanks everyone for your support!

-wk

P.S. - Lets try to get our hashrate up before the reward halving! Refer refer refer! Wink
legendary
In other news, I did actually get the pool hot line working.  Tongue

Not for chit-chat, but, If there are any issues with the pool, call 1-877-281-POOL (7665) (or, from outside the USA or Canada, call +1 818-688-POOL (7665))

If I'm right here at my desk, it will ring me and I'll try to answer.  If not, leave a message and I'll attempt to respond back ASAP.

Even a message saying, "Hey, can't connect to the pool man!" would be sufficient in that instance.

I figure this is something useful to have.

Smiley

-wk
legendary
Greetings, once again, Eligius miners.

Seemed to be a small coding error in the CPPSRB code in my first attempt at payments directly from the coinbase transaction, which caused some minor issues with stats and stability this morning (EST).

In any case, it should be corrected now and balance graphs should once again be updating. Smiley

The good news is, the code to pay people directly from blocks works Smiley See transaction 8ee5543686a4acc25dfb8b22dc1bc4b97b85dfb147d5a7ac1be9cb89a61e30f7

-wk
legendary
I only checked eligius.st.  It came back soon after I posted.  If you check the pool hashrate graph you can see a down spike in activity.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Does the .us (or was it .st?) back-up work still? Not last time I checked, I'm in the office now and cannot try.

legendary
Eligius appears to be down...
legendary
Greetings Miners!

Finally got some massive code changes in place to account for stale/orphan blocks and other such nonsense. Woot!

Still some work to be done on that, but, no catastrophic failures/errors should happen now because of them.

On that note, a payout was sent for recent work. Txid 2e1af4c4307e1d05427b73584b27b08ae68d04ba4e0c8e9a5d62303b7b46fef6.

Stats balances and graphs should be right once again.

It should be noted that it was pointed out to me that in the current graphs, estimated rewards from the current round are added to the locked in unpaid reward amount and shown as the unpaid reward on the graph.  This should be changed to show that part of that is estimated, like the old artefact2 stats.  I will be making that change soon enough so that there is no confusion.

Enjoy!

-wk

P.S. - Still shamelessly begging for donations! 1CPPSRBAhYcYtLN7Y6n1KcwhF49VwMtptT . Smiley
Thank you to those who have already donated! (A total of exactly 1 BTC as of this writing)
legendary
Hello again,

This has been a rather rough week for me in the real world, so, I haven't had hardly any time to put into updates.  The few major ones I want to get done are getting out a payout for the latest work, and fixing CPPSRB code to correctly handle the orphan/stale blocks we had the other day. (This is what halted balance updates on the stats.)

I have to do both so that the payout calculations are correct.  Bear with me here, since I may have to rebuild the CPPSRB database a few times to make the update, and there are millions of shares to parse to do that.

I shouldn't have anything come up today which would prevent me from getting this done in the next 12 hours or so.

-wk
legendary
I seem to have broken the balances portion of stats again.

I will fix them tomorrow (11/17) afternoon when I do updates to CPPSRB!

Sorry!

-wk
legendary
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
legendary
Ooh ooh I just got a payment from eligius.
I even paid $1 of txn fees to get it confirmed quickly Tongue
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/32514504

Greetings!

Yup, this should catch up the pool completely.  The only people unpaid should be people working on the current round, which obviously the pool doesn't have the funds to pay yet. Cheesy

The payout transaction ID is 33ff368325cfb6fe033c44031a2cdf1e7a17ff63279dd7bfccb592e7937c296e for the record.

I even clawed back kuzesta's donation to The Pope and put it in the payout! Cheesy (joke from a few posts ago...)

So, I've made some serious progress on the CPPSRB code this weekend.  Still working on it, but, I knocked out a ton of stuff!

First, you may notice that the balance graphs on the stats pages are working again.  Yay!  The estimates are accurate, but, they're only showing the unpaid balance as it stands at the moment you load the page.  The math it uses to compare it to the previous block is wrong because I don't have those stats generated from CPPSRB as of yet.

Next, I'm leaving the CPPSRB code up and running for now to keep it up to date and keep balances updating.  I won't be activating the automatic from-generation payments yet, though.  After a minor bug last night caused some issues, I believe that code needs more testing before going live, plus I need more testing on my orphaned block catcher code, which I can't really do live, obviously.

Not much left on my TODO list for CPPSRB now!  Grin

-wk

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I even paid $1 of txn fees to get it confirmed quickly Tongue
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/32514504
legendary
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Don't bother trying. kuzetsa won the prize for troll of the week, so I donated his entire unpaid balance to the pope.
I'm joking about kuzetsa's unpaid balance, in case it wasn't obvious.

Jokes aside, I'd like the pope's btc address, if you would. I'd rather give direct than through a middle-man each Sunday.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
First, no one with a reward under the minimum payout was paid yet because there were no miners who were inactive for more than 7 days at the time of payout.
((...snip...))

1KiUv3P3YCvvE2qPVhVyJQNLUdEm98TUsU --- address which hasn't mined on eligius in over a month. Just an example.

Curious when your current ETA for "inactive payout" to be sent in a timely way, correctly entering a queue state or however you want to paint things with a brush of "sure, but no... well technically... uh..."

More excuses is all I see from this pool's management.

No excuses.  Let me try and clear this up.
Don't bother trying. kuzetsa won the prize for troll of the week, so I donated his entire unpaid balance to the pope.

What wizkid057 said goes for all the legitimate miners.

I'm joking about kuzetsa's unpaid balance, in case it wasn't obvious.
legendary
First, no one with a reward under the minimum payout was paid yet because there were no miners who were inactive for more than 7 days at the time of payout.
((...snip...))

1KiUv3P3YCvvE2qPVhVyJQNLUdEm98TUsU --- address which hasn't mined on eligius in over a month. Just an example.

Curious when your current ETA for "inactive payout" to be sent in a timely way, correctly entering a queue state or however you want to paint things with a brush of "sure, but no... well technically... uh..."

No excuses.  Let me try and clear this up.  Here is what was happening under SMPPS:
  • You start mining.
  • You mine X shares.
  • SMPPS retains some of these share's value because the pool has been unlucky recently, and SMPPS distributes that burden across all miners, past, present, and future.... which sucks.
  • So, as you mine, you get a percentage of your shares paid to your balance, and a percentage awarded as extra credit.
  • If you stop mining, you still have extra credit accumulated.
  • When the pool finds any block under SMPPS, your share of the extra credit is awarded to your balance.  This is activity under SMPPS.  So, you are not inactive.

That above is how SMPPS works.  Not CPPSRB.

Now, I declared CPPSRB in effect as of block 00000000000000c1dc82ebf3e5f3829d3247fd03471612f2a4e0f234b75a660d (10/30).

At this point, control of balances went to CPPSRB.  SMPPS balances and extra credit were carried over.  Now, since SMPPS is no longer making micro-payments to users for extra credit, these miners who are actually inactive (ie, not sending shares to Eligius) will actually end up inactive 7 days after CPPSRB was activated, since as of right now, CPPSRB hasn't been lucky enough to dip in and pay older SMPPS extra credit yet.

So, what this means, is the next time I throw a CPPSRB-generated payout list, it will have EVERYONE who is inactive and became inactive under SMPPS in the payout queue, since CPPSRB takes care of the current active miners first above all else.  (As of right now, it shows around 2000 addresses that have become idle/inactive will be paid their unpaid balance.)

If under CPPSRB the pool becomes lucky enough to pay off the entire CPPSRB share log, it will start awarding towards SMPPS extra credit, and then another huge list of payouts will likely be made shortly after to actually send payments for those amounts when the accounts go inactive again (pool gets unlucky or all extra credit is paid).

I hope this makes sense.

I'm actually sitting on the list of payouts for CPPSRB right now and plan on sending out a manual payout tomorrow which will pay just about every single address on the pool (excluding only miners who were paid in the last payout, are still active, and have not made the minimum for a second time yet).

So no worries!  Relax. Smiley  

I've been on this CPPSRB code for a few weeks now, actually, eating up tons of otherwise free time.  I have well over 40 hours in the code and testing alone, and all I personally have gotten for this so far is one donation of 0.5 BTC (Thank you, btw, it is appreciated).  That puts my wage at roughly $0.12 per hour. lol.  Slave labor!  On a serious note, I like coding for the pool.  As long as some people still find the pool useful and such, I'm content to provide my services to help it.

Let me know if there are any other questions/concerns. Smiley

-wk

CPPSRB work donations: 1CPPSRBAhYcYtLN7Y6n1KcwhF49VwMtptT
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
((...snip...))

Edited  to add:

just asked gribble bitcoin ircbot via:

;;bc,eligius

... shouldn't this thread title show 154 GH/s or is gribble just wrong due to API changes?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Making progress!

I've gotten most of the payout verification stuff done, as well as state to/from disk code going to make dev a bit quicker.

Next on my list is the stats output (pool's json stats files used by stats pages and such) so that the stats will work again! Smiley

After that its on to orphan block verification code, and then on to more verification tests to make sure its ready for production.

Definitely on track for full working implementation sometime tomorrow if all continues to go well.  Stay tuned.

On a side note, its time to get back in gear and to start getting more miners on board.  Tell your friends and get us more hash power! Cheesy

-wk
Sweet  Grin
Jump to: