Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 138. (Read 458255 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
So the number of bitcoins under the stats column "Extra Credit" are also owed bitcoins?
No.

Be nice, Luke-Jr. At least post the poor fella a link explaining "No".
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
So the number of bitcoins under the stats column "Extra Credit" are also owed bitcoins?
No.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Sure you could have more than one bitcoin address

but if their gonna complain they didn't get paid out at least they could link to their 60 day mining chart and show us some evidence.
If Luke needed evidence to look into an issue, he would ask for it.  People don't need to publicly post private information that isn't asked for, and could provide it privately if it wtas asked for.  In this case, the information wasn't necessary, and Luke responded to the concern appropriately.  Even though the user isn't mining, the user is still "Active" because of EC mode, so won't be paid until EC mode ends or a payment threshold is crossed by the EC.  He didn't say the second part, but it is how it works.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Sure you could have more than one bitcoin address

but if they're gonna complain they didn't get paid out at least they could link to their 60 day mining chart and show us some evidence.
legendary
Kislam's 1PMHA7hyqqbcCbjMfwvKT4xEZ81EYasJze doesn't appear to have ever mined on Eligius?  Huh
There's no reason to think someone would be mining with their forum donation address...
Kislam's 1PMHA7hyqqbcCbjMfwvKT4xEZ81EYasJze doesn't appear to have ever mined on Eligius?  Huh

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1PMHA7hyqqbcCbjMfwvKT4xEZ81EYasJze

Maybe you lost/changed your wallet or mistaken you mined there?

What was your address stevegee58?

If you have no mining record you have to assume it's someone just someone trying to give this pool a bad reputation.
legendary
It's very difficult to be inactive in SMPPS EC mode, since the EC keeps paying you.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding time to finish CPPSRB - anyone else want to take a stab at it?
I'm on IRC most of the day and can at least help with the design issues.
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
hi, can anyone tell me how long i need to wait to get my unpaid balance?
i stopped mining more than a month ago, and my unpaid balance has not yet been received ...

I was in the same situation.  Stopped mining at eligius and had an unpaid balanced that never cleared.

I kept watching if I'd enter the payout queue but my address never appeared there.  So to kick the payment loose I had to start mining again.
i stopped mining more than a month ago, and my unpaid balance has not yet been received ...

http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/FAQ
When do I get paid?
You will enter the Payout Queue once you qualify for payout. This is when you have earned 400 TBC (0.67108864 BTC).

How do I find out where I am in the Payout Queue?
The estimated payout queue can be accessed at http://eligius.st/~twmz/
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
legendary
Can someone please explain the difference between CPPSRB and RSMPPS to me?
RSMPPS still uses the notion of mining "rounds", and divides the earnings of a long round proportionally among all shares in that round (assuming no buffer to cover the difference). CPPSRB is more like PPLNS: the last N unpaid shares are paid. It has no notion of specific rounds; if it takes more shares than average before a block is found, the earlier shares just don't get paid by that block (and remain on the "unpaid shares" stack for potential future short blocks).
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
Can someone please explain the difference between CPPSRB and RSMPPS to me?
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
legendary
Wow it looks like this is the longest block ever for eligius at 80+ hours.
legendary
Does the Tor hidden service for the mining portal still work at xg3mjrqqxal4i5g7.onion:8337?
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Thanks to all who have donated to stats development so far! Smiley
I've actually made a new donation address for them that is more appropriate: 1StatsgBq3C8PbF1SJw487MEUHhZahyvR

In stats news, cleaning up the back end is taking a lot more time than I have original thought, but, its coming along.

I went ahead and started a git repository for the stats.  You can check out my progress and such here: https://github.com/wizkid057/wizstats

If you notice any blatant errors in the code or other bugs, or have a feature request, go ahead and open up an issue and i'll do my best to get to it! Smiley

Overall, the stats are coming together.  

Latest changes:
I've fixed the 3hr/12hr hashrate averages on the graphs to be shifted to the correct position (harder than you think).
Added 3rh/12hr averages to the main pool hashrate graph
Added current values of pool hashrate and round shares to the main page.
Few bug fixes, including user stats reporting incorrect hash rates
Added header/footer to each page with a link back to the main page

Thanks again for the support!

-wk
donator
Poor impulse control.
CSV round history?  I'll throw that on the TODO list. Smiley

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Orphaned blocks simply don't exist, so they don't really have stats... Shares go toward whatever the next block is found, regardless of any orphans in the meantime.

I understand. For an invalid block I'd see the point of doing it that way. But for a valid but orphaned block I wonder how that might skew your (shares/round) stats though? The block was solved, just not accepted by the network.

I would expect this to have the effect of artefactually increasing the mean round length in your results and making pool luck appear worse (if you use mean shares/round/D). Also, it would make your average weekly hashrate looked higher than it actually is (calculated using total shares/total round duration) - unless duration is also added to the next block? I acknowledge these effects would be minor since the average % of orphans is so small.

Anyway, any chance of a csv of round history? Wink

Orphans (now known as Stale) just dont count for anything.  Its basically as if they never happened, so, as far as stats go, its almost pointless to keep track of them.  The shares contributed towards them just continue the round.  Duration is also continued.  See the block # 197915 in the new stats as an example.

CSV round history?  I'll throw that on the TODO list. Smiley

So, got the backend pretty stable and we were able to clear up the existing shares database to make things more practical now.

Tomorrow I will work on aesthetic updates and get the new stats up to par with what artefact2 was providing. Smiley

Thanks again for the support!

-wk
donator
Poor impulse control.
Orphaned blocks simply don't exist, so they don't really have stats... Shares go toward whatever the next block is found, regardless of any orphans in the meantime.

I understand. For an invalid block I'd see the point of doing it that way. But for a valid but orphaned block I wonder how that might skew your (shares/round) stats though? The block was solved, just not accepted by the network.

I would expect this to have the effect of artefactually increasing the mean round length in your results and making pool luck appear worse (if you use mean shares/round/D). Also, it would make your average weekly hashrate looked higher than it actually is (calculated using total shares/total round duration) - unless duration is also added to the next block? I acknowledge these effects would be minor since the average % of orphans is so small.

Anyway, any chance of a csv of round history? Wink
Jump to: