Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 137. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Glad to see you making the switch. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
As of now, SMPPS is disabled.  All shares following the finding of block 00000000000000c1dc82ebf3e5f3829d3247fd03471612f2a4e0f234b75a660d will be treated as CPPSRB shares.  Payouts will be caught up as soon as I am done with the code!

Stats will still be online, and will show blocks and such, but, the balance information will still be SMPPS based and such until the CPPSRB code is finished.  This will be updated, so, don't pay much mind to balance data from the the mentioned block forward.  Miners will be paid based on CPPSRB from now on.  Unpaid balances and extra credit from SMPPS will carry forward, so, no worries.

-wk
Once you get the CPPSRB code active, if it has been more than 7 days, will miners that remained inactive get paid their earnings (non-ec that isn't up to the next auto-payout) on the next block?  I am active, but I asked because several people have been posting about not getting paid, and I believe they should based on how the pool is supposed to work tied with how CPPSRB is supposed to work, but if I am wrong, presumably they will only get paid on lucky blocks, and that would be good to know.

Any unpaid balance as of the block I mentioned is earned.  People who aren't quite up to the minimum payout may or may not become inactive depending on their luck with CPPSRB and their current mining activity.  Extra credit will carry over, but CPPSRB means that basically newer extra credit is paid first.  So someone who stopped mining a while back but hasn't hit the minimum payout because of SMMPS trickling them extra credit will likely become inactive and be paid very soon.
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
As of now, SMPPS is disabled.  All shares following the finding of block 00000000000000c1dc82ebf3e5f3829d3247fd03471612f2a4e0f234b75a660d will be treated as CPPSRB shares.  Payouts will be caught up as soon as I am done with the code!

Stats will still be online, and will show blocks and such, but, the balance information will still be SMPPS based and such until the CPPSRB code is finished.  This will be updated, so, don't pay much mind to balance data from the the mentioned block forward.  Miners will be paid based on CPPSRB from now on.  Unpaid balances and extra credit from SMPPS will carry forward, so, no worries.

-wk
Once you get the CPPSRB code active, if it has been more than 7 days, will miners that remained inactive get paid their earnings (non-ec that isn't up to the next auto-payout) on the next block?  I am active, but I asked because several people have been posting about not getting paid, and I believe they should based on how the pool is supposed to work tied with how CPPSRB is supposed to work, but if I am wrong, presumably they will only get paid on lucky blocks, and that would be good to know.
legendary
Greetings Miners,

I have put together a poll for miner opinion on a detail of the switch to CPPSRB.  The goal is to get miners mining under the CPPSRB reward system ASAP.

Please read/vote here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-eligius-reward-system-scheduled-for-immediate-change-121070

Thanks!

-wk

-wk
legendary
Greetings Miners,

I have put together a poll for miner opinion on a detail of the switch to CPPSRB.  The goal is to get miners mining under the CPPSRB reward system ASAP.

Please read/vote here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-eligius-reward-system-scheduled-for-immediate-change-121070

Thanks!

-wk

Activity: 637
Merit: 502
Activity: 77
Making progress on implementing CPPSRB!

Nice Smiley

Oh, thanks Luke for all your efforts!
legendary
Making progress on implementing CPPSRB!
Activity: 61
Merit: 1
Thanks Luke Jr. for all the effort you put in to this pool for us, and everything else you do for the community.

Wizkid, congrats and thanks for accepting the torch you have been handed. Don't let us scorch you too badly!
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Thanks for everything, Luke. I hope you stay around as a user and a contributor.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Greetings Eligius Miners,

After much discussion, Luke-Jr has decided retire from his post as Eligius pool operator and has turned over the keys to Eligius to my care.

There are many reasons behind this decision, but I'll summarize by saying that Luke has many many things on his agenda which, in my opinion, are more important than the day to day maintenance of running a mining pool.  And since we obviously don't want to shutdown the pool, it was decided that I would be the best candidate to take on this task.

For those who know me on IRC and otherwise, you already know that this will not be any kind of issue and falls well within my expertise.  For those who don't, here's a little background.  I'm a mostly self-taught programmer, hardware engineer, network engineer, and any other IT field you can think of.  I have close to 20 years of personal experience in the field and over a decade of professional experience.  As for the Bitcoin community, I've been involved at various levels from the moment I heard of it's existence somewhere around a year ago.  Since then I've contributed as much as possible, most recently with the redesign of the Eligius stats pages to be more server-side friendly.  If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a message on IRC or other contact method.

Without sounding too much like a politician, for the moment, and in general, my goal is to do my best to make sure the pool continues to run smoothly.

In the short term, this means I plan to implement CPPSRB, a replacement for the current SMPPS reward system, which will get Eligius back on track and get current and new miner's paid more quickly for their work.  This has been on the table for some time, but it is a significant undertaking to code, test, and tweak (as can be noted from some discussions about the matter in #eligius recently).  I hope to have this particular project under way very soon.

I will also continue development of the "New Stats" to provide more and more information in the best ways possible.

As always, I plan to stick with the ideals behind the pool in general, continuing to be supportive of things like no-signup mining and providing as much openness as is possible regarding the operation.

There is much progress to be made, and soon!  I'm glad I'll be along to help keep everyone mining away!

Sincerely,

- -wk

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJQhhUfAAoJEIlunYJa75GPS6IH/2IUOMBlTpeilMohMf0ayQc4
9QFTdmPEZHzgF+NDCkOrzM3Y6Q6atEtyd9sbO5ZCff6uHUIgaq0QbWcnBz7XPZKM
i/y51dQZCNhHpzqBmliXNaHnOv4jHV6YbcxrdbJKxSl5bQFLFGAKrFKzDOPkuTva
ChB0TDdf7/5Igm/JrMyFR8hyJHpYaWTJ2hviD8l5fyaMqlX9H96l1XgkMiXODXtl
WINjm/cvIvAYBCc5bzEMI+AN9RGM2Vup9vkW6x7czF5yHsGkIpj0nV/mQPGcMhP/
HI7lt9O/quPSvoQanhepadDUVRAiXie6QWlUb4sANfGSr2FGlsEwPXl8ojn1xl8=
=O2+p
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
legendary
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Greetings Eligius Miners,

After much discussion, Luke-Jr has decided retire from his post as Eligius pool operator and has turned over the keys to Eligius to my care.

There are many reasons behind this decision, but I'll summarize by saying that Luke has many many things on his agenda which, in my opinion, are more important than the day to day maintenance of running a mining pool.  And since we obviously don't want to shutdown the pool, it was decided that I would be the best candidate to take on this task.

For those who know me on IRC and otherwise, you already know that this will not be any kind of issue and falls well within my expertise.  For those who don't, here's a little background.  I'm a mostly self-taught programmer, hardware engineer, network engineer, and any other IT field you can think of.  I have close to 20 years of personal experience in the field and over a decade of professional experience.  As for the Bitcoin community, I've been involved at various levels from the moment I heard of it's existence somewhere around a year ago.  Since then I've contributed as much as possible, most recently with the redesign of the Eligius stats pages to be more server-side friendly.  If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a message on IRC or other contact method.

Without sounding too much like a politician, for the moment, and in general, my goal is to do my best to make sure the pool continues to run smoothly.

In the short term, this means I plan to implement CPPSRB, a replacement for the current SMPPS reward system, which will get Eligius back on track and get current and new miner's paid more quickly for their work.  This has been on the table for some time, but it is a significant undertaking to code, test, and tweak (as can be noted from some discussions about the matter in #eligius recently).  I hope to have this particular project under way very soon.

I will also continue development of the "New Stats" to provide more and more information in the best ways possible.

As always, I plan to stick with the ideals behind the pool in general, continuing to be supportive of things like no-signup mining and providing as much openness as is possible regarding the operation.

There is much progress to be made, and soon!  I'm glad I'll be along to help keep everyone mining away!

Sincerely,

- -wk

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJQhhUfAAoJEIlunYJa75GPS6IH/2IUOMBlTpeilMohMf0ayQc4
9QFTdmPEZHzgF+NDCkOrzM3Y6Q6atEtyd9sbO5ZCff6uHUIgaq0QbWcnBz7XPZKM
i/y51dQZCNhHpzqBmliXNaHnOv4jHV6YbcxrdbJKxSl5bQFLFGAKrFKzDOPkuTva
ChB0TDdf7/5Igm/JrMyFR8hyJHpYaWTJ2hviD8l5fyaMqlX9H96l1XgkMiXODXtl
WINjm/cvIvAYBCc5bzEMI+AN9RGM2Vup9vkW6x7czF5yHsGkIpj0nV/mQPGcMhP/
HI7lt9O/quPSvoQanhepadDUVRAiXie6QWlUb4sANfGSr2FGlsEwPXl8ojn1xl8=
=O2+p
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
Well I've been mining here since 1st Oct and starting to come around to idea there being
something wrong with the Eligius payout system.

Mined 0.68 Max Reward but never entered the pay queue
0.1528 BTC is in Unpaid Balance and 0.5257 BTC is in Extra Credit

Looking at the payout queue it only seems to have miners with +0.67BTC in Unpaid Balance
or miners who seem to have quit mining for a long time.

I cannot see any examples in the payment queue of miners with their +0.67BTC split between Unpaid + Extra Credit.
It's looking like the only way into the queue for me is to quit mining.  Huh
If you quit, you will get paid when enough EC is credited to pay you .67.  If you keep mining, you will get a .67 unpaid balance sooner.  Either way, you will get paid at the .67 mark.  If Eligius luck gets positive enough to pay off all EC, any remaining amount less than .67 will get paid after the minimum idle period has passed and you have stopped getting EC payments.  If the new payment method is implemented, these things may change, for instance, you may no longer get EC payments when you aren't mining, so you might get paid whatever unpaid balance you have at that point after the minimum idle period has passed.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Well I've been mining here since 1st Oct and starting to come around to idea there being
something wrong with the Eligius payout system.

Mined 0.7 Max Reward but never entered the pay queue
0.1539 BTC is in Unpaid Balance and 0.5468 BTC is in Extra Credit

Looking at the payout queue it only seems to have miners with +0.67BTC in Unpaid Balance
or miners who seem to have quit mining for a long time.

I cannot see any examples in the payment queue of miners with their +0.67BTC split between Unpaid + Extra Credit.
It's looking like the only way into the queue for me is to quit mining.  Huh

legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
Eligius pool is online now. hope it doesn't go offline again.  Cry

That's what the backup pools are for in cgminer and bfgminer.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
Eligius pool is online now. hope it doesn't go offline again.  Cry
Activity: 74
I think the Eligius server is offline. I cannot connect to it.

same here, i am also finding my miners working with backup pools.

i started mining here again just to bump my balance above 0.67...

@Gatorhex, it wasn't my intention to scam or badmouth this pool, i had mined here for a long time. any evidence required by the operator will be provided, as necessary, but privately Smiley. also, why would you assume that i was using my signature address as the mining address? isn't it more convenient to use a separate address for each pool (for the very simple reason that you can determine where a payment is coming from at a glance)?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
I think the Eligius server is offline. I cannot connect to it.
legendary
So the number of bitcoins under the stats column "Extra Credit" are also owed bitcoins?
No.
Be nice, Luke-Jr. At least post the poor fella a link explaining "No".

WTF? Are you saying not only do you pocket all the unclaimed namecoins you also pocket the extra BTC credits too?

lol.  There's nothing to pocket.  The "extra credit" funds are funds that the pool will be happy to pay if/when it becomes lucky enough to do so.  Currently, the overall pool luck for the past couple of months has been terrible, so, the pool has not yet caught up with the backlog of extra credit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
So the number of bitcoins under the stats column "Extra Credit" are also owed bitcoins?
No.
Be nice, Luke-Jr. At least post the poor fella a link explaining "No".

WTF? Are you saying not only do you pocket all the unclaimed namecoins you also pocket the extra BTC credits too?
Jump to: