Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 70. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Also the clear demarcation of 'Mined'.  I wonder if this will prove a problem with that obscure rule that mined bitcoins make one an international money transfer agent if one tries to use it for anything but barter.
I don't know that any nation has a rule like that... the closest I'm aware of would be FINCEN's guidance that created virtual currency has such regulatory properties - but miners just discover coins predetermined by the protocol, they don't create them. In any case, I doubt any legal institution cares about technicalities.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

The payout went smoothly with the new block.  I notice it seems less 'spendable', having 26 confirmations already but needing 94 more blocks, than BTC earned elsewhere.  Also the clear demarcation of 'Mined'.  I wonder if this will prove a problem with that obscure rule that mined bitcoins make one an international money transfer agent if one tries to use it for anything but barter.  Bitcoins mined on another pool have not that demarcation.

But the question I wish to ask, is the minimum payout stat changeable on the configuration page?  I have Bitcoin-QT on another machine than the one having the cookie storing the receive address.  I generated the signed message which included in the encrypted string a lowering of the minimum payout trigger to 0.1000btc but it didn't take.  After the initial payout since the signed message configuration change I expected the payout to be lowered but it was not.  Is the minimum not changeable below what is dictated by the value equation used by Eligius staff?

A standard bitcoin transaction is spendable after only one confirmation, and fully confirmed after 6 confirmations.  When a new block is mined, the coinbase transaction that gives the 25 BTC + transaction fees requires 120 confirmations before it is spendable.

Most pools send the output of the coinbase transaction to a pool-owned address, then pay you in a separate normal transaction.  It will appear in your wallet as 'unconfirmed' until one more block is mined (the confirmation).  Eligius (and also P2pool) pay miners directly from the coinbase transaction.  That's why the transaction shows up a a 'mined' transaction which shows up as 'immature', and takes 120 confirmations to mature.

You can set you minimum payout to anything >= 0.01 BTC.  If it didn't work, it probably means that the signature failed.  It should tell you whether if it passed or failed a few lines up toward the top of the page.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100

Looks like stats may be hung up. We have solved a few blocks that may not be reported on stats.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
I've switched to Eligius and have been stuck at 22 minutes left until payout since 3AM.  Is there a problem?  The page doesn't seem to be updating.

Very bad luck on solving the next block. Pool has been working on it for over 8 hours according to the stats.

Nothing seems wrong, just a usual bit of bad luck. Once we solve it things will get rolling again.

Yes, I saw luck was down in the teens but went back to bed for an hour, got up, made breakfast, looked again and luck was up above 300%, now 154%.  My earnings have finally been moved to the payout queue and will be paid with the next block.

The payout went smoothly with the new block.  I notice it seems less 'spendable', having 26 confirmations already but needing 94 more blocks, than BTC earned elsewhere.  Also the clear demarcation of 'Mined'.  I wonder if this will prove a problem with that obscure rule that mined bitcoins make one an international money transfer agent if one tries to use it for anything but barter.  Bitcoins mined on another pool have not that demarcation.

But the question I wish to ask, is the minimum payout stat changeable on the configuration page?  I have Bitcoin-QT on another machine than the one having the cookie storing the receive address.  I generated the signed message which included in the encrypted string a lowering of the minimum payout trigger to 0.1000btc but it didn't take.  After the initial payout since the signed message configuration change I expected the payout to be lowered but it was not.  Is the minimum not changeable below what is dictated by the value equation used by Eligius staff?
legendary
What's so good about namecoin? I like what I understand about it, but that's not saying much.
Whether it's good or not is another matter, but it's not just a scam.
Namecoin is applying Bitcoin concepts to a new area - it's not really a currency at all.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I got an idea for the graph dev's, it would be cool to see a projection of estimated earnings along side the hash rate graph
soy
legendary
I've switched to Eligius and have been stuck at 22 minutes left until payout since 3AM.  Is there a problem?  The page doesn't seem to be updating.

Very bad luck on solving the next block. Pool has been working on it for over 8 hours according to the stats.

Nothing seems wrong, just a usual bit of bad luck. Once we solve it things will get rolling again.

Yes, I saw luck was down in the teens but went back to bed for an hour, got up, made breakfast, looked again and luck was up above 300%, now 154%.  My earnings have finally been moved to the payout queue and will be paid with the next block.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Activity: 139
Merit: 100

soy
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
When there are other legitimate altcoins that support merged mining...
Freicoin has it on their todo list, but there isn't really anything else.
devcoin   
groupcoin   
i0coin   
ixcoin   
namecoin   
We do namecoin. The rest you list are just scams.

What's so good about namecoin? I like what I understand about it, but that's not saying much.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
how i see luck if i have
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
devcoin   
groupcoin   
i0coin   
ixcoin   
namecoin   

Plus they aren't well maintained either and are a pain to keep in the merged mining setup because of various issues/crashes.

That said, namecoin only for now.

-wk
legendary
devcoin   
groupcoin   
i0coin   
ixcoin   
namecoin   
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
devcoin   
groupcoin   
i0coin   
ixcoin   
namecoin   
legendary
What about multi merging some more altcoins?
I se some feew others do it, would it be worth it to implement?
Activity: 736
Merit: 500
What about multi merging some more altcoins?
I se some feew others do it, would it be worth it to implement?
legendary
Is the free transaction relay policy still active?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Free_transaction_relay_policy

173.242.112.53  doesn't reply to my pings...
Updated the IP on the page, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

The information is out of date.  I will have to get around to updating it.  For now just peer with wizkid057.com.
Activity: 248
Merit: 252

Pages:
Jump to: