Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 45. (Read 163654 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD
November 28, 2015, 10:53:37 PM
Is the exchange safe now?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
November 28, 2015, 03:47:01 PM
Yes welcome to all the new faces here!!

Vegas
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
November 28, 2015, 10:57:47 AM
Still buzzing around the buy side over @ cryptopia...wish people would use the DOT market there too as I've placed a big order there as well...nobody'g giving up their coins too easily though  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
November 28, 2015, 10:55:29 AM
Welcome xProphet - sent out a shout out to the Twitterverse too!

https://twitter.com/pokeytex/status/670616765660061696
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
November 28, 2015, 03:09:24 AM
Man oh man I can't wait to get over 100 FLY and be part of that thing where people with over 100 but under 5000 FLY get to be part of something Cheesy I know I should be more involved and know more but I've been busy so cut me some slack Tongue

Getting close to 100?  I'm only a third of the way there  Angry
Well I had some really good people help me out with getting started with FLY so I can't complain Smiley Gotta love when there is a good community behind a coin Cheesy
Activity: 532
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
November 28, 2015, 03:07:12 AM
Man oh man I can't wait to get over 100 FLY and be part of that thing where people with over 100 but under 5000 FLY get to be part of something Cheesy I know I should be more involved and know more but I've been busy so cut me some slack Tongue

Getting close to 100?  I'm only a third of the way there  Angry
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
November 28, 2015, 02:48:27 AM
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
November 27, 2015, 04:34:22 PM
Hello! I think I should introduce myself as new proud member of FLY team Smiley
My nickname is xProphet, I was also known as "ayyylmao", so maybe somebody knows me here.
Vegasguy s a very good friend of mine Smiley so he showed me all pros and cons of FLY.
Once upon a time I was gabbing in the Yobit's chat when Vegasguy came. He started to speak about some coin.
After some time I read the FLY ANN. Restrictions, rules, fees in the open world of crypto. "Naaaaah  Undecided ", - I thought.
I started arguing with the Vegas in the chat. We did not swear like everybody does while discussing, we just spoke in really intelligent and gentle way.
You know, as some people say, "At first you got my curiosity, but now you have my attention". This phrase exactly describes my relatins with FLY.  Cheesy
When reading ANN for the first time, honestly, I was looking only for the cons. This is not right, you know...
So when I got some free time, I read the entire post and was amazed by the Vegas' idea.
I can't clearly describe my opinion and feelings about FLY because of the language barrier (I am from Russia), but I will try to explain my first thoughts..
Image a really big grass field. What a typical trader like me will see? I will look forward and see a lot of grass and a looong footpath.
And of course I would follow that path (here I mean the path of coin development). But when Dev abandons his coin and/or scams the community, the footpath instantly turns into the chasm.  Sad
Somebody can see it, somebody not. Those who did not see just fall in that chasm (losing money).
With FLY I met another conditions. Again, big grass field. Look forw... whaaat? WTF that fence (here I mean rules and restrictions) is doing on my way?  Angry
In my opinion, some people could have this reaction. But look up instead of looking forward! Clear sky (great possibilities for the development) without any storm clouds (fake promises or another bullshittery that scamdevs are telling us), bright stars and the Moon.
What do we need to join the Community and the Moon? Something like overpowered jetpack (initial capital). The higher you get means more field of view and possibilities for you.
I could just call FLY a [random bad word here] and leave. But I gave it a shot. Ya know, guys, it definitely worth it. So I recommend everyone to try it if you still did not.  Wink
I will post here when I will have any free time. I will also start a FLY ANN in the russian language (plus support it) when I will have enough reputation to make images visible in my posts.

So...
Hello, FLY Team!

Really, I am very impressed and very speechless...I have no words and can only say...

LETS GO TOGETHER THESE HEAVY PATH TO SUCCESS!

Welcome here!
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
November 27, 2015, 03:48:54 PM
Hello! I think I should introduce myself as new proud member of FLY team Smiley
My nickname is xProphet, I was also known as "ayyylmao", so maybe somebody knows me here.
Vegasguy s a very good friend of mine Smiley so he showed me all pros and cons of FLY.
Once upon a time I was gabbing in the Yobit's chat when Vegasguy came. He started to speak about some coin.
After some time I read the FLY ANN. Restrictions, rules, fees in the open world of crypto. "Naaaaah  Undecided ", - I thought.
I started arguing with the Vegas in the chat. We did not swear like everybody does while discussing, we just spoke in really intelligent and gentle way.
You know, as some people say, "At first you got my curiosity, but now you have my attention". This phrase exactly describes my relatins with FLY.  Cheesy
When reading ANN for the first time, honestly, I was looking only for the cons. This is not right, you know...
So when I got some free time, I read the entire post and was amazed by the Vegas' idea.
I can't clearly describe my opinion and feelings about FLY because of the language barrier (I am from Russia), but I will try to explain my first thoughts..
Image a really big grass field. What a typical trader like me will see? I will look forward and see a lot of grass and a looong footpath.
And of course I would follow that path (here I mean the path of coin development). But when Dev abandons his coin and/or scams the community, the footpath instantly turns into the chasm.  Sad
Somebody can see it, somebody not. Those who did not see just fall in that chasm (losing money).
With FLY I met another conditions. Again, big grass field. Look forw... whaaat? WTF that fence (here I mean rules and restrictions) is doing on my way?  Angry
In my opinion, some people could have this reaction. But look up instead of looking forward! Clear sky (great possibilities for the development) without any storm clouds (fake promises or another bullshittery that scamdevs are telling us), bright stars and the Moon.
What do we need to join the Community and the Moon? Something like overpowered jetpack (initial capital). The higher you get means more field of view and possibilities for you.
I could just call FLY a [random bad word here] and leave. But I gave it a shot. Ya know, guys, it definitely worth it. So I recommend everyone to try it if you still did not.  Wink
I will post here when I will have any free time. I will also start a FLY ANN in the russian language (plus support it) when I will have enough reputation to make images visible in my posts.

So...
Hello, FLY Team!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
November 27, 2015, 12:24:02 PM
Just checking in after posting my tweet for the week Smiley

https://twitter.com/ASICrefugee/status/670169038274842624

Any big dramas this week, missed everything coin related as the Fallout 4 addiction deepens  Roll Eyes

EDIT: Just tried to update my wallet to the latest build. No joy.
New Windows wallet installs and syncs fine. Shut down wallet. Copy across my wallet.dat file. Crashes. Tried -rescan flag. Crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please send debug.log to Keesdewit . Make sure your on v1.71
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
November 27, 2015, 11:46:25 AM
Posting my tweet for the week.

https://twitter.com/btcbtcbtc20155/status/670265464812142592

Good to see working non-stop on the new wallet.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
November 27, 2015, 05:18:21 AM
Just checking in after posting my tweet for the week Smiley

https://twitter.com/ASICrefugee/status/670169038274842624

Any big dramas this week, missed everything coin related as the Fallout 4 addiction deepens  Roll Eyes

EDIT: Just tried to update my wallet to the latest build. No joy.
New Windows wallet installs and syncs fine. Shut down wallet. Copy across my wallet.dat file. Crashes. Tried -rescan flag. Crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
November 27, 2015, 01:41:14 AM

The issue I am having is that the side buttons don't display properly, so the only theme that displays buttons is the Blackwood theme, all the rest do not display any buttons.

Just need to edit the theme stylesheet a little bit on the ones that don't work with the supplied png's. Changing a non working theme's toolbar code to this made the buttons pop up for me.

Code:
QToolBar QToolButton {qproperty-toolButtonStyle:ToolButtonTextBesideIcon;border:none;border-radius:5px;padding:1px;margin:0px}

I'm pretty sure the problem is this

-        statisticsAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/statistics"), tr(""), this);
+        statisticsAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/statistics"), tr("&Statistics"), this);

So for theme's such as cyanotic, it relies on those names but no longer has them.

If you change the stylesheet for cyanotic from qproperty-toolButtonStyle: ToolButtonTextOnly; to qproperty-toolButtonStyle:ToolButtonTextBesideIcon; then the buttons show up, at least on my build I am playing around with. The change you see above is just the text for the button, which I changed to blank when FLY changed to a png for the button instead of text.

Ahh ok, I'll play around with it and see if I can get it going Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
November 27, 2015, 12:59:17 AM

The issue I am having is that the side buttons don't display properly, so the only theme that displays buttons is the Blackwood theme, all the rest do not display any buttons.

Just need to edit the theme stylesheet a little bit on the ones that don't work with the supplied png's. Changing a non working theme's toolbar code to this made the buttons pop up for me.

Code:
QToolBar QToolButton {qproperty-toolButtonStyle:ToolButtonTextBesideIcon;border:none;border-radius:5px;padding:1px;margin:0px}

-        statisticsAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/statistics"), tr(""), this);
+        statisticsAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/statistics"), tr("&Statistics"), this);

So for theme's such as cyanotic, it relies on those names but no longer has them.

If you change the stylesheet for cyanotic from qproperty-toolButtonStyle: ToolButtonTextOnly; to qproperty-toolButtonStyle:ToolButtonTextBesideIcon; then the buttons show up, at least on my build I am playing around with. The change you see above is just the text for the button, which I changed to blank when FLY changed to a png for the button instead of text.
legendary
November 27, 2015, 12:41:28 AM

Code:

legendary
November 27, 2015, 12:39:55 AM
Some of you remember what our first FLY wallet looked like Smiley

More readable than the current Smiley

I agree 100%. Thats why the next version will have THEMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegas

There was a change of the way the buttons work in one of the commits which for the most part broke the compatibility of all the buttons, it may need to be reverted for the theme's to work properly.

Here is a question. Its the SIZE of the buttons that need to be the same for compatibility for all themes, correct? I think when we changed the buttons we made them too large. I think if we changed the size back , then we could change the graphics of the button to match fly colors, but I could be wrong. If I am correct on this, does anyone know the correct size the buttons must be for compatability? If anyone is really good with themes, we could use your help.

Vegas

I don't think so, I think the problem is the hardcoded theme. I've forked it and removing it to see if that is what is causing the issue.

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing?  If I remember correctly what I changed on the button theming was to make them all 100% width so the aren't mixed and matched, and then using images too. Are you having a hard time inserting other button images?

Looks like it isn't the hardcoded theme, just that it relies on the buttons being named but when taking out the names of the buttons, it broke the compatibility of the way the majority of the theme's worked.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
November 27, 2015, 12:37:50 AM

Code:
legendary
November 26, 2015, 11:50:46 PM
Some of you remember what our first FLY wallet looked like Smiley

More readable than the current Smiley

I agree 100%. Thats why the next version will have THEMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegas

There was a change of the way the buttons work in one of the commits which for the most part broke the compatibility of all the buttons, it may need to be reverted for the theme's to work properly.

Here is a question. Its the SIZE of the buttons that need to be the same for compatibility for all themes, correct? I think when we changed the buttons we made them too large. I think if we changed the size back , then we could change the graphics of the button to match fly colors, but I could be wrong. If I am correct on this, does anyone know the correct size the buttons must be for compatability? If anyone is really good with themes, we could use your help.

Vegas

I don't think so, I think the problem is the hardcoded theme. I've forked it and removing it to see if that is what is causing the issue.

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing?  If I remember correctly what I changed on the button theming was to make them all 100% width so the aren't mixed and matched, and then using images too. Are you having a hard time inserting other button images?

Pages:
Jump to: