Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 44. (Read 77057 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
The current silkcoin wallet freezes up on me often.  I have tried it on Linux and Windows.  It seems to get worse with every stake reward I get.  Other PoS coins have this same problem but I hope you fixed it with the new version.
I've noticed the same issue, it is why we are looking into loading private keys into the weaver for swap. To make the process less burdensome.

On my Windows 7 64 bit laptop is running without troubles. Always syncing and staking correctly. I'm using the latest version available here.
So to me what you say sound strange.
Maybe try it on a different machine.
Activity: 441
Merit: 251
T-minus two weeks? WTF does that mean? trak being trak or is that legit?

I will clear up some stuff about SLK; questions will be answered.
Activity: 245
Merit: 100
T-minus two weeks? WTF does that mean? trak being trak or is that legit?
When you swap the old silkcoin for the new, will you use the same public/private key address space?  I think the best way to swap is to transfer the amount received in the superblock to old silkcoin public addresses. I think the Syscoin to Syscoin2 swap was done this way.  
No, the public/private key address space will be different.

That way, we can just import the private key using the new wallet/chain without having to send it to a centralized exchange.  I do not like to hold coins on an exchange so keeping them on Polo or sending them to Weaver is not that appealing to me.
We are looking into using private keys to load old silkcoins into the weaver for swap. But it is necessary to go through the weaver, after the swap it is best to send your coins to your wallet of course.

The current silkcoin wallet freezes up on me often.  I have tried it on Linux and Windows.  It seems to get worse with every stake reward I get.  Other PoS coins have this same problem but I hope you fixed it with the new version.
I've noticed the same issue, it is why we are looking into loading private keys into the weaver for swap. To make the process less burdensome.

This is an interesting project and I will be watching closely.  I have questions about mining your dark version but will wait until after the swap.  I have a small GPU farm (mostly EVGA GeForce GTX 750's but a mix) but don't know if they will be good for your darksilk algorithm.
Thank you for your interest, I think it is best for the devs to answer any questions about algorithms etc.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
When you swap the old silkcoin for the new, will you use the same public/private key address space?  I think the best way to swap is to transfer the amount received in the superblock to old silkcoin public addresses.  I think the Syscoin to Syscoin2 swap was done this way.  That way, we can just import the private key using the new wallet/chain without having to send it to a centralized exchange.  I do not like to hold coins on an exchange so keeping them on Polo or sending them to Weaver is not that appealing to me.

The current silkcoin wallet freezes up on me often.  I have tried it on Linux and Windows.  It seems to get worse with every stake reward I get.  Other PoS coins have this same problem but I hope you fixed it with the new version.

This is an interesting project and I will be watching closely.  I have questions about mining your dark version but will wait until after the swap.  I have a small GPU farm (mostly EVGA GeForce GTX 750's but a mix) but don't know if they will be good for your darksilk algorithm.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
T minus 2 weeks...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
And we have a no man to even it out ;P

I think your questions will be clearified after the info of Orestes, trak4ubit
Smart contracts: Check

Asset exchange (Weaver): Check

Decentralized marketplace: Check

Unified ecosystem: Check

Dedicated developers: Check

Amazing community: Check

The Silk Network is hands down the most exciting crypto project to date. I am glad to be on board. See you guys at Pluto  Cool

Please do correct me if im wrong.

There are no smart contracts coded currently.

this is a centralized exchange.not a decentralized aaset exchange

Decentralized marketplace is not even on the horizon

unified ecosystem isnt anywhere cloae

Dedicated developees who have a hard time with block explorers and keeping servers onljne.

An amazing cimmunity of yes men

Don't forget our tenth man! Roll Eyes
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
This community is nice
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

The Silk Network is hands down the most exciting crypto project to date. I am glad to be on board. See you guys at Pluto  Cool

Please do correct me if im wrong.

There are no smart contracts coded currently.

this is a centralized exchange.not a decentralized aaset exchange

Decentralized marketplace is not even on the horizon

unified ecosystem isnt anywhere cloae

Dedicated developees who have a hard time with block explorers and keeping servers onljne.

An amazing cimmunity of yes men
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
As you sow, so shall you reap.

The Silk Network is hands down the most exciting crypto project to date. I am glad to be on board. See you guys at Pluto  Cool
This is by design, I actually pressed really hard on this subject.
Balance is not attained by dividing features. Only the bare minimum of features are put on SLK, so that more or less the full load could be put on DRKSLK. The contrast should be as clear as black and white; the picture you provided is spot on!  Grin

Dont know if I think this sounds good at all but we all have to wait and see what's coming.

Don't worry it's a decision made to benefit SLK; look at the small guy he was about to be catapulted to the moon!

Why aim for moon when we can get to Pluto?  Wink

Just wait and see, we will boldly go where no man has gone before!  Cheesy
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
So are the devs the holders of the 1,000,000+ SILK coin wallets? If yes, they are already on an exchange so why not use them as the asset for ICO launch? Get some BTC backing you so you can hire some people to push development.  

We, the devs, don't hold any large number of Silkcoin, especially not millions. I think Gregory might hold some and possibly Amir but I certainly do not and Matthew doesn't either. We already have an ICO planned that is gonna be in stages and is very well thought out to be fair and increase distribution/circulation.

I wish you had a stake in Silkcoin like the rest of us. How come you never invested?

Because none of us have a disposable income.

That's crazy, not once over the last twelve months? Or didn't you think Silkcoin was worth investing in? I wish you'd said sooner we could have all had a whip round, then maybe the Darksilk:Silk features ratio wouldn't look like

For whoever created the fake silkcoin and paid for the explorer, stop being a tit.

Balance is not attained by dividing features. Only the bare minimum of features are put on SLK, so that more or less the full load could be put on DRKSLK. The contrast should be as clear as black and white; the picture you provided is spot on!  Grin

Dont know if I think this sounds good at all but we all have to wait and see what's coming.

Don't worry it's a decision made to benefit SLK; look at the small guy he was about to be catapulted to the moon!

Why aim for moon when we can get to Pluto?  Wink
So are the devs the holders of the 1,000,000+ SILK coin wallets? If yes, they are already on an exchange so why not use them as the asset for ICO launch? Get some BTC backing you so you can hire some people to push development.  

We, the devs, don't hold any large number of Silkcoin, especially not millions. I think Gregory might hold some and possibly Amir but I certainly do not and Matthew doesn't either. We already have an ICO planned that is gonna be in stages and is very well thought out to be fair and increase distribution/circulation.

I wish you had a stake in Silkcoin like the rest of us. How come you never invested?

That's crazy, not once over the last twelve months? Or didn't you think Silkcoin was worth investing in? I wish you'd said sooner we could have all had a whip round, then maybe the Darksilk:Silk features ratio wouldn't look like

For whoever created the fake silkcoin and paid for the explorer, stop being a tit.

Don't worry it's a decision made to benefit SLK; look at the small guy he was about to be catapulted to the moon!  Cool
Activity: 616

Balance is not attained by dividing features. Only the bare minimum of features are put on SLK, so that more or less the full load could be put on DRKSLK. The contrast should be as clear as black and white; the picture you provided is spot on!  Grin

Balance is not attained by dividing features. Only the bare minimum of features are put on SLK, so that more or less the full load could be put on DRKSLK. The contrast should be as clear as black and white; the picture you provided is spot on!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
If I remember the old story the 4 million Silkcoin wallet belongs to Mintpal, the dead exchange. Anyone remembers the same? It was somewhere in the old thread

Hmm, i don't remember mintpal but checking the old thread i found this

"My advice.. wait for the 9 million mintpal coins to be dumped through bittrex as they steadily have been...  Let them delist us.  Don't give the mintpal scammers any more money unless its tail end of delisting and price is dirt cheap.  End of story."

If i remember correctly the original dev had his account on mintpal too ?

Anyways this should be a reminder NEVER let your assets on a public website, even though poloniex seems very strong, don't store amounts that you cant afford to lose, its an exchange not a savings account.

Besides if you store your silk on a device you own (while having a couple backups ofcourse) is the best alternative, it's safer, it adds up to your account via stacking, it makes the network stronger.

Whatever the amount was well, it's gone now.

Yes, I think those 4 million SILK are gone forever they were in Mintpal's belly.
Such a waste actually: it's a big portion of the whole silk supply
Activity: 490
CTO - Silk Network

It wasn't that we were not donated Silkcoin or had some Silkcoin, it was simply that we need to live and had to sell to sustain ourselves and continue development. Sadly I sold about 350k at around 110 satoshi, but man gotta eat.

But also bear in mind, I personally am not a trader nor investor, I am solely a developer.
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us

Pages:
Jump to: