Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 43. (Read 77057 times)

Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Wow, look at the price at poloniex! Nice buywalls and volume.
Im so happy with my coins and will let them stake for a long time.

Bout to blow here we go!
Activity: 441
Merit: 251
Will SLK and Darksilk be listed on other exchanges?

For now we are on the biggest crypto exchange, Poloniex. I don't see why in the near future when the release is among us that more crypto exchanges like Kraken and Bittrex wouldn't be on the horizon.

Quite possibly, the wallets are open source so there is no stopping it. But in case of actively pursuing it we will have to see. Coins that do not have adequate levels of volume tend to drop in price if they hit many exchanges too early, this can easily be explained. It is better to concentrate buy support to a few exchanges and then mature on to many. The rate of adoption to exchanges should be carefully managed in relation to demand.

That being said our focus will be on Weaver and Poloniex first. While not an exchange the Weaver will be a place to acquire either SLK or DRKSLK.

Out of curiousity will Weaver act similar to Tokenly swapbots?  Send an asset to a particular address and it kicks out another asset back to you?  Not sure if you are familiar with it but that's how you can buy Bitcrystal asset cards...

From what i know is that it acts much like shapeshift. Looking at Tokenly and Shapeshift I see that flows have changed and that they act very similar. I don't know if our process is the same, it might be required to send the coins before selecting the swap conditions instead of after. Changes in flow shouldn't alter the fundamentals of swapping however and modernising the flow will always be a concern.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

For now we are on the biggest crypto exchange, Poloniex. I don't see why in the near future when the release is among us that more crypto exchanges like Kraken and Bittrex wouldn't be on the horizon.

Quite possibly, the wallets are open source so there is no stopping it. But in case of actively pursuing it we will have to see. Coins that do not have adequate levels of volume tend to drop in price if they hit many exchanges too early, this can easily be explained. It is better to concentrate buy support to a few exchanges and then mature on to many. The rate of adoption to exchanges should be carefully managed in relation to demand.

That being said our focus will be on Weaver and Poloniex first. While not an exchange the Weaver will be a place to acquire either SLK or DRKSLK.

Out of curiousity will Weaver act similar to Tokenly swapbots?  Send an asset to a particular address and it kicks out another asset back to you?  Not sure if you are familiar with it but that's how you can buy Bitcrystal asset cards...

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
As you sow, so shall you reap.

Activity: 74
As you sow, so shall you reap.

I said it once, and I will say it again. Those were rock bottom prices and we will never hit those again. These prices are still cheap. We should start to see a huge rally when people hear about release within the next couple of weeks. Then price will stabilize at 2000ish satoshi, but furthermore, that is only the beginning.
Activity: 252
The camel marches on Smiley
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Okay... fud and bs aside... how do I get my hands on/get involved in silk?

You can buy silk here: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_silk

And then swap later when it is possible.
Thanks for the info... silk by far one of the most innovative and true to anonomous coins Ive seen since btc. I'll be in on this.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

You can buy silk here: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_silk

And then swap later when it is possible.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
T-minus two weeks? WTF does that mean? trak being trak or is that legit?

Drizzle said that bro.. i said 2022

All.kinds of rumours being thrown around here.. if ya look close youll see it aint me throwing.the fud around its the brainwashed comm

We all know it is you. That you even try to deny that is just sad lol.

I agree with you! that bitch have been here for a while now...

edit : traK4Ubitl is now reported, please report so we get rid of him!

Thanks for the warm welcome noob.

traK4Ubitl is welcome, the project will grow on him. He just has a thorny personality.
Activity: 168

All.kinds of rumours being thrown around here.. if ya look close youll see it aint me throwing.the fud around its the brainwashed comm

Thanks for the warm welcome noob.

Yes Im drizzle too.  lol
Activity: 170

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

The current silkcoin wallet freezes up on me often.  I have tried it on Linux and Windows.  It seems to get worse with every stake reward I get.  Other PoS coins have this same problem but I hope you fixed it with the new version.
I've noticed the same issue, it is why we are looking into loading private keys into the weaver for swap. To make the process less burdensome.

On my Windows 7 64 bit laptop is running without troubles. Always syncing and staking correctly. I'm using the latest version available here.
So to me what you say sound strange.
Maybe try it on a different machine.

True it's machine related. The old wallet is a resource hog & i've been staking for a long time. It has always been synced and staking correctly, that has never been a problem. But the interface is lagging because of system taxation, the machine i'm running it on is a bit dated, made some adjustments to it and it's better now.

Pages:
Jump to: