Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Source XPM (Primecoin) GPU Miner & Pool xpmforall.org - page 14. (Read 110023 times)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250
also why are you trying to start this new wallet you are not sunny king the dev of primecoin
already not good that your pool holds most the network
It's incorrect question, because "new wallet" don't implement any soft fork or hard fork, it full compatible with current network. Look here https://bitcoin.org/ru/choose-your-wallet
May be you think, that all these wallets made by Satoshi? Smiley
And don't forget, last update from developer was at 2013 year.

maybe OS makes difference
Here is screen of system with Phenom 2 X4 955
I don't see GPUs amount on second screenshot, but 42% CPU load looks normally.
and that doesnt make you the dev to be deciding to start modding the wallet
its the community that should decide if sunny never comes back
if he decides its needed just like he did when heartbleed came out then he will update it
so far i see no need
and you running most the network its a conflict of interest

Kev7112001 excuse me, but what you do about Primecoin? Does you make new wallet? Or does you maybe make new, faster miner? Or something else? Go, open your own pool, pool is open sourced, so it can be done, nobody will not stop you.  So dont just write messages, do something, or do nothing, but in that case dont stop  other people to do something. New wallet is way faster in syncing from older one, so it is very good thing. You can always continue to use old wallet, so even that fact show that nothing is changed.  

i dont use pools so your post is nonsense and i used to run a pool years ago and its not faster syncing you didnt use HP version to sync with
and second his pool hold most the hashing power which put him in a good position for tryin to take over a coin and do many other bad things just read up what a 51% attack is
i bet you cant read code and dont know that his new code has bugs etc you just run into the street without looking you seem to be about all the positives and forgetting the negatives
also since im part of the community and been mining this coin since day one and hold a big investment and last i checked this is a public forum so i will say what i want when i feel i need to
if he decides its needed just like he did when heartbleed came out then he will update it
so far i see no need
You are wrong.
You can use https://wiki.bitcoin.com/w/Protocol_specification and https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin for create and release your own bitcoin wallet. Look again to https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet - there are many alternative wallets created by third party developers. What difference for Primecoin ?
You need be a dev for make decision about any soft fork or hard fork, but developer status not enough, also you need community support (don't forget Ethereum classic, segwit 2x). Not need to be a dev for create alternative wallet Smiley

not a good example as i do not care for any of those coins also none of the above hold most the network for the coin
Activity: 2106
Merit: 282
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
so far i see no need
You are wrong.
You can use https://wiki.bitcoin.com/w/Protocol_specification and https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin for create and release your own bitcoin wallet. Look again to https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet - there are many alternative wallets created by third party developers. What difference for Primecoin ?
You need be a dev for make decision about any soft fork or hard fork, but developer status not enough, also you need community support (don't forget Ethereum classic, segwit 2x). Not need to be a dev for create alternative wallet Smiley
Activity: 414
Merit: 101
also why are you trying to start this new wallet you are not sunny king the dev of primecoin
It's incorrect question, because "new wallet" don't implement any soft fork or hard fork, it full compatible with current network. Look here https://bitcoin.org/ru/choose-your-wallet

so far i see no need

Kev7112001 excuse me, but what you do about Primecoin? Does you make new wallet? Or does you maybe make new, faster miner? Or something else? Go, open your own pool, pool is open sourced, so it can be done, nobody will not stop you.  So dont just write messages, do something, or do nothing, but in that case dont stop  other people to do something. New wallet is way faster in syncing from older one, so it is very good thing. You can always continue to use old wallet, so even that fact show that nothing is changed. 

so far i see no need

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
I found user with 8-GPU rig and Celeron CPU and can't reproduce so high CPU load.. I'll post screenshot soon.
But this rig uses Windows 10, not Win7

And here is G1840

There is some strange system load when running miner
eXtremal maybe these is a way to make even less CPU usage for nvidia cuda miner? 6*1070 make 99% load on celeron G1840 and make less CPD than on i5
I did not test miner on Celeron G18xx, but know than dual core Celeron G3900 can handle 6 GPUs with 40-50% total CPU load, G1840 not much differ from G3900, 99% cpu load is abnormal. What OS and driver do you use ?

xpm NEEDS CPU and you are running 6 cards on a slow cpu at that
this isnt like any other coin you cant cheap out on cpu and expect to load a rig full of cards
XPM not need CPU power, dual core Celeron at 3.0GHz easy handles 6 GPUs, quad core i3/i5, ryzen 5 and etc gives less than 2% performance advantage.

I'm trying to run 5 RX480 on a Win 10 machine, AMD blockchain driver using xpmclient-10.2.2 with these parameters:

sieveSize = 420
weaveDepth = 40960
windowSize = 8192
multiplierLimits = 24, 31, 35

The rest are set in their default values.

It runs for around 2 hours and then it crashes. Anyone got a hint of how I can fix this?
Quick fix - make .bat file like this
:label
xpmclient
goto label
in miner directory and run it.

ofc it NEEDS cpu power and a slower cpu like that with crap IPC will effect your speeds this has been known for years now
maybe newer class cheap cpus can handle but not as well as a faster cpu

Activity: 40
Merit: 1
xpmforall.org  down?
10 min ago get it in miner:
Message from server: Can't receive work from primecoin wallet
What is it?
P.S. And now show it everytime when I start the miner
Blockchain database corrupted, successfully repaired from backup.
Link to first release of new Primecoin Core wallet for Windows/Linux/MacOS X: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xpm-primecoin-core-wallet-4454417

I did not test miner on Celeron G18xx, but know than dual core Celeron G3900 can handle 6 GPUs with 40-50% total CPU load, G1840 not much differ from G3900, 99% cpu load is abnormal. What OS and driver do you use ?

OS - win7x64SP1, drvs 391.35 and 388.43. On Pentium G3240 and 6*1070 load is about 80-85% and CPD about 0.3
Maybe speed also depends on how card is connected to mainboard? Cause i see higher speed on card connected on pci-e x8 speed without risers and slower on those connected on x1
I found user with 8-GPU rig and Celeron CPU and can't reproduce so high CPU load.. I'll post screenshot soon.
But this rig uses Windows 10, not Win7

OS - win7x64SP1, drvs 391.35 and 388.43. On Pentium G3240 and 6*1070 load is about 80-85% and CPD about 0.3
Maybe speed also depends on how card is connected to mainboard? Cause i see higher speed on card connected on pci-e x8 speed without risers and slower on those connected on x1
eXtremal maybe these is a way to make even less CPU usage for nvidia cuda miner? 6*1070 make 99% load on celeron G1840 and make less CPD than on i5

this isnt like any other coin you cant cheap out on cpu and expect to load a rig full of cards
XPM not need CPU power, dual core Celeron at 3.0GHz easy handles 6 GPUs, quad core i3/i5, ryzen 5 and etc gives less than 2% performance advantage.

I'm trying to run 5 RX480 on a Win 10 machine, AMD blockchain driver using xpmclient-10.2.2 with these parameters:

sieveSize = 420
weaveDepth = 40960
windowSize = 8192

It runs for around 2 hours and then it crashes. Anyone got a hint of how I can fix this?
Quick fix - make .bat file like this
:label
xpmclient
goto label
in miner directory and run it.
Activity: 117
Merit: 2

sieveSize = 420
weaveDepth = 40960
windowSize = 8192

That problem could be related to weak psu or bad riser. Try with 4 cards.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

sieveSize = 420
weaveDepth = 40960
windowSize = 8192

I know you are asking eXtremal but have you tried setting cpuload = "0" in config.txt?
Activity: 6
guys anyone know when exchanges wallet back online?

I know you are asking eXtremal but have you tried setting cpuload = "0" in config.txt?

yep, tried 0 but no noticable difference on cudaminer. I get 0.65 cpd from 1080ti on rig with i5 2600k and 0.5 on rig with e8400 or G1840
ap1
Activity: 41

Pages:
Jump to: