Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay - page 35. (Read 41577 times)

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
June 22, 2014, 09:46:08 AM
I really hope it does not end up like Bitmit. The site was closed down when the interest was at its peak. The reason given by the admins was that they don't have the capability to deal with so many users and vendors. Hope that this site will be run by more competitive people.  Grin

BTW.... isn't Cryptothrift a P2P trading site?

It's just like ebay for cryptos really. Think it was very similar to bitmit.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 22, 2014, 09:27:13 AM
OpenBazaar seems to be a promising project. I still miss BitMit and think there is ample opportunity for new auction/listing-services in the bitcoin space.

The closing down of Bitmit was a huge disappointment. But have you ever tried out crypto-thrift? They have far fewer listings and vendors when compared to Bitmit, but some of the listings have caught my eye.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
June 22, 2014, 09:24:54 AM
OpenBazaar seems to be a promising project. I still miss BitMit and think there is ample opportunity for new auction/listing-services in the bitcoin space.

However it's imperative that these new services focus on essential functionality and make participation as easy as possible - because most important for such services to succeed is ample participation by both sellers and buyers (the latter being even more important).
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 22, 2014, 08:30:30 AM
I really hope it does not end up like Bitmit. The site was closed down when the interest was at its peak. The reason given by the admins was that they don't have the capability to deal with so many users and vendors. Hope that this site will be run by more competitive people.  Grin

BTW.... isn't Cryptothrift a P2P trading site?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
June 22, 2014, 08:24:43 AM
If bitcoin does live to its promise, I can easily see how this will give Ebay a run for its money.  Instead of a Ebay for each country with lots of fees, it will be a one world online market.  This could be as big as Amazon or Wikipedia
m3
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
June 22, 2014, 07:49:25 AM
Finally something I have been waiting for, OpenBazaar is pretty much a decentralized ebay based on DarkMarket which is a P2P trading platform.

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/openbazaar-is-the-decentralized-ebay/

Can't wait to use it, theres not gonna be the 15% ebay fees and no more paypal stealing your hard earned money
Pages:
Jump to: