Pages:
Author

Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins - page 15. (Read 122334 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

The idea sounds pretty nice and stuff however their website is totally fucked up and not professional at all , same goes for the soundwallet it self (as I said good idea but they didn't do it right) , like what the hell :

1. Order a record
2. Generate a public and private key securely
3. Add a password to your private key by using your wallet and/or encrypt your private key
4. Send private key to us
5. Get your Sound Wallet in the mail

But I suppose they gave good idea to developers , people could developpe a software that does that .
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
I use both the Trezor and Ledger Nano, and much prefer the Trezor even at higher price of 99 USD. The KeepKey looks promising still waiting for pricing. My Case hardware wallet is promised to ship on 9/21 and will publish a full review when received at best bitcoin hardware wallet 2015.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

So without reading all 21 pages... should I go to the trezor?

I like both the Trezor and the Ledger Nano about the same.  But, I do not know which is the sturdier of the two.

The Ledger Nano is cheaper.

Otherwise, invest the time to read maybe the last 12 pages or so, it will not take really long.
Activity: 692
Merit: 500

tl;drIf you already have enough bitcoin holdings to justify the price, then yes.

If you have an android phone, Trezor+mycelium+OTG cable == myTrezor
If you need multisig then the HW-1 trio or Nano duo may be better (although electrum does now support trezor multisig)
If you can wait, then keepkey / ledger blue / ledger unplugged are options.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Thanks man
you helped me alot
thats what i am looking for  Cheesy Cheesy

you are welcome  Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Thanks man
you helped me alot
thats what i am looking for  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

little off topic:

Piper Wallet Review

http://blockzero.org/2015/09/03/piper-wallet/

I would never trust my bitcoins to a piece of thermal paper. Printouts on thermal paper vanishes after a few months and as recent studies show it's not healthy because the surface of the paper contains bisphenol a.

Better use a mycelium entropy and a cheap inkjet printer with an usb port.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
TREZOR Hardware Wallet Review

http://blockzero.org/2015/09/02/trezor/

Thank you for posting this review post, the restore function gives trezor more value
I have planned in the near future to buy a trezor for my needs,
It really do it's job and i think is the best on in the market at the moment.

Yes, LiteCoinGuy does a great job following BTC hardware wallets.  I look forward to the reviewer's experience with the Ledger Nano (which I own as well as the Trezor -- I like them both).

But, that whole idea of buying a hardware wallet that needs no firmware updates (digitalbitbox, referred to in my post above) is very appealing.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
TREZOR Hardware Wallet Review

http://blockzero.org/2015/09/02/trezor/

Thank you for posting this review post, the restore function gives trezor more value
I have planned in the near future to buy a trezor for my needs,
It really do it's job and i think is the best on in the market at the moment.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
I really want to know if choosecase is real, it suppose to ship on Sept 21,2015. I wanted to preorder, but was very cautious of bitcoin hardware preorders.  Tongue

What happens when Case goes out of business? 2 of your 3 keys are gone.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I really want to know if choosecase is real, it suppose to ship on Sept 21,2015. I wanted to preorder, but was very cautious of bitcoin hardware preorders.  Tongue
Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Indeed re very nice wallets.

I am very much looking forward to digitalbitbox.com's wallet, but have heard no news lately.

And I bet there are many others working on them too.   It looks to be an interesting future re hardware for BTC.
I got in touch with them a while back and they said that the wallet should be ready in ~2 months.
Pages:
Jump to: