Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 59. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 252
A few things should be made very clear to everybody.

One of the first things we considered was having a court appointed liquidator.

It was decided that this was not the correct course of action for several reasons, first and foremost it would be significantly expensive and would be a significant delay.

Additionally we couldn't answer how they would treat bitcoin deposits.

If anybody decides to file a criminal complaint you will effectively guarantee that it will be months or even years before anybody sees their funds.

Seriously doing that is not the best way to get you funds back, indeed it is far from it.

As for isis100 there isn't even a record of your being a registered user and you have completely failed to forward any information you have to [email protected]

Again we are working on making this entire process be as fair as possible but the constant pressure from people who as far as i can tell are either just bored and entertaining themselves or attempting to scam funds is making the process take much longer than it should.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Let's put the images (one of each) side-by-side so that we can compare together.

Glasses? Camera covering up chin?

oh man, typical American "all Asians look the same"

its true
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
~Bruno~

Why don't you start a new thread if your is obviously NOT about bitcoinica PAYOUTS ?
I'm sure you know how to do so

ThxBy
Activity: 463
Merit: 252
Why is Bitcoinica not responding to user inquiries over email?
There are a lot of them and we have limited resources to respond.  We're trying to sort through all the claims in the most expedient way possible.

The information we have available is certainly very limited.  It is not even close to a full database backup.

Why was help.bitcoinica.com taken down? (as it was separate from the app)

The dns provider was changed as they were screwing up the DNSSEC records.

Why are updates not posted on the Bitcoinica website?

There isn't a whole lot to say beyond the obvious we're trying to sort out this mess and it's going to take a while.

When will the claims process close?

I'm not sure we could legally close the claims process at all.

How is Bitcoinica dealing with open positions?

All open positions are considered closed, the prices for close will be chosen to be reasonable based on the overall claims picture.
Part of the reason we haven't started to pay claims is that without a high level view of the claims we cannot pick a reasonable close price.

Why the secrecy?

At first there was secrecy in hopes that people would submit more accurate claims if they were unaware that the database and all known backups had been destroyed.

After that it seems like there hasn't been a whole lot of secrecy. (People arguing with each other in an open forum thread isn't very secretive now is it?)
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
What, no Tor nodes in Galveston?!?

Also, isn't "at least" kind of like a wordy way of coding ">=" ?

Thus if someone saw for themselves one percent of the company's funds and saw that the amount they were looking at was actually all by itself regardless of how large or small a percentage of the funds the company actually has equal to or greater than 75% of all the claims so far all added together, wouldn't they use such a term?

That 75% or more of the value of all claims so far was not claimed to have been any particular percent of the total funds the company actually has, was it? If so I missed that part; how many percent of the company's total funds was it claimed to have been?

Sheesh.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Also, I can't yet figure out for certain how revision 7 was made from 98.197.168.106, an IP address clearly located in Galveston, TX (second quoted text).

http://www.crunchbase.com/person/zhou-tong/revisions
5/21/12 at 7:06pm   7   98.197.168.106
1/6/11 at 4:38pm           6   120.50.38.252
1/6/11 at 4:38pm    5   120.50.38.252
4/25/10 at 6:51pm   4   27.54.8.140
4/25/10 at 6:46pm   3   27.54.8.140
11/8/09 at 4:52pm   2   117.20.181.203
11/8/09 at 11:59am   1   117.20.151.87

Checking the post logs of zhoutong, he seemed to be out of pocket for 3-4 days during which time the revision was made above (bold). Perhaps on holiday or conducting business, hence the following: (Relative?) http://blockchain.info/ip-address/98.197.168.106

http://www.my-ip-address-is.com/whatismyip.php
98.197.168.106 IP Address Location Information:
My IP Address:   98.197.168.106
My IP country code:   US
My IP address country:   United States
My IP address state:   Texas
My IP address city:   Galveston
My IP postcode:   
My IP address latitude:   29.2551
My IP address longitude:   -94.8598
My Metro Code is:   618

If you give me an address I can go check it out.  I live off the beach in Galveston.

I've drywalled many of homes in Galveston when I was a drywall contractor in Houston. I remember making love having sex on that beach with a Houston policewomen back in '94. I miss Houston!

Here's the link: http://www.my-ip-address-is.com/whatismyip.php (just plug in the IP address).

~Bruno~
legendary
Now let's compare all three images

Get a life, Gage, and go find a hooker. Or give Chicago Cabbie his wallet. Either way, don't you have some barns to look at instead of wasting time here?

It looks like somebody is not happy with The Phin.

Let me get this straight. Are you suggesting that I should just end my research here, for everything that I'm trying to do is for the betterment of Bitcoin? Not a chance!

That said, try this on for size, all, but I was going to save it for later.

From https://twitter.com/PathOnWay, we have the following tweet, but on https://twitter.com/zhoutong he not once mentioned his birthday on any of the 1,388 tweets on the latter Twitter account. I've searched.

Many of my friends are having a mcdonald's meal and celebrate my birthday. Forgotten about tomorrow's exam.

And how about this: http://www.crunchbase.com/person/zhou-tong/diff/1/2

Go ahead and click it, for then you'll see that the very first revision was of his birthday. I now ask this very simple question. How the fuck does anybody not remember their birthday? Unless, of course, somebody else created that Crunchbase account.

BTW, tinfoil is now on sale at Dollar General, and I'm well stocked up.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
People, please stop speculating and attacking Bitcoinica / Zhou in this post, I do not know how much money have in game the users who participate in this post, but I just am concerned about the repayment of my account and really I trust that done correctly.
I'm really annoyed by all this, although my net value is only about $3000 right now, for me is a lot of money, read this post is 90% speculation and 10% of useful information ...sucks
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

I may have to take a break for a couple hours because I have to get some shopping done at Walmart.

~Bruno~

Look at his right eyebrow.  See how they're all screwed up?
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

Get a life, Gage, and go find a hooker. Or give Chicago Cabbie his wallet. Either way, don't you have some barns to look at instead of wasting time here?
legendary

I may have to take a break for a couple hours because I have to get some shopping done at Walmart.

~Bruno~
legendary
I like this twitter account way more than his main one https://twitter.com/#!/PathOnWay

Damn you, psy. Now you let my time traveler theory out of the bag!  Grin

If there is a zombie apocalypse, how will you try to survive it? http://bit.ly/37TIp8
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
There's no conspiracy with zhoutong at the center. Bitcoin Consultancy was a company running the British exchange Intersango before zhoutong even heard of bitcoin. Please stop posting pictures of zhoutong, he didn't make proper backups of the database but the claims process is out of his hands.

Bitcoin Consultancy is in total control now. These repeated bouts of silence on the part of Bitcoin Consultancy is unforgivable.

If anyone wants a place to stay, I have an extra bed and a sofa for people to crash on. Also lots of floor space.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
Let's put the images (one of each) side-by-side so that we can compare together.

oh man, typical American "all Asians look the same"
rjk
1ngldh
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
I like this twitter account way more than his main one https://twitter.com/#!/PathOnWay
rjk
1ngldh
The reason for me posting this is that I have reason to believe that Zhou Tong may not be the going-on-18-year-old-kid we've been led on to believe.

I always thought that to be the case. As soon as I heard talk about regulating bitcoin from the Britcoin/InterSango/Bitcoinica Consultancy clique, I knew they were also part of the freemasonic banker clique and never trusted them. His back story is super weak: one of a lonely young Chinese nerd and that just magically out of nowhere becomes a fan of bitcoin. If he was really as simple in the ways of the world he would have never heard of bitcoin, he'd be working in a cubicle somewhere.

Zhou is a creation kinda like Mark Zuckerberg is, except he's not even a real person.
Also, I ran out of tinfoil. You guys got any you can spare?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
The reason for me posting this is that I have reason to believe that Zhou Tong may not be the going-on-18-year-old-kid we've been led on to believe.

I always thought that to be the case. As soon as I heard talk about regulating bitcoin from the Britcoin/InterSango/Bitcoinica Consultancy clique, I knew they were also part of the freemasonic banker clique and never trusted them. His back story is super weak: one of a lonely young Chinese nerd and that just magically out of nowhere becomes a fan of bitcoin. If he was really as simple in the ways of the world he would have never heard of bitcoin, he'd be working in a cubicle somewhere.

Zhou is a creation kinda like Mark Zuckerberg is, except he's not even a real person.
legendary
Phinn, wasn't it you that posted a pic of ZT in the other thread? A pic of him with a friend, remember?

Sure did! From his Twitter account, one of which I have all the tweets made on file in case it goes private, like some accounts recently have linked to that account. There's something rather odd about that Twitter account which I'm in the process of parsing also.

~Bruno~
Pages:
Jump to: