Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 60. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Has anybody ever seen a video of Zhou Tong or another image of him besides this one?
~Bruno~

Did you not read this interview http://coinabul.tumblr.com/post/24022841613 ?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Phinn, wasn't it you that posted a pic of ZT in the other thread? A pic of him with a friend, remember?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Once you have filed your complaint you will get a case number.  Make a copy of your full complaint and your case number and submit them to http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
This will get the FBI & FTC involved on a broader perspective than just your local office.  If ic3 receives enough complaints they can take broader criminal action and co-operate internationally to make life very uncomfortable for them.  While it may seem strange to involve the FBI, there is a reason for it.  Just having your name attached to an open "Federal" case in the USA can make travel very difficult anywhere in the world.  Furthermore mutual co-operation treaties mean that all bank accounts owned by these criminals can be frozen while the matter is under investigation, pretty much no matter where they are in the world, but again that's federal action.

In the course of my ongoing investigation (google-fu), I'm coming across many different names directly linked to the name Zhou Tong, thus pretty sure the bold text above won't affect his future travel plans.

Has anybody ever seen a video of Zhou Tong or another image of him besides this one?

Also, I can't yet figure out for certain how revision 7 was made from 98.197.168.106, an IP address clearly located in Galveston, TX (second quoted text).

http://www.crunchbase.com/person/zhou-tong/revisions
5/21/12 at 7:06pm   7   98.197.168.106
1/6/11 at 4:38pm           6   120.50.38.252
1/6/11 at 4:38pm    5   120.50.38.252
4/25/10 at 6:51pm   4   27.54.8.140
4/25/10 at 6:46pm   3   27.54.8.140
11/8/09 at 4:52pm   2   117.20.181.203
11/8/09 at 11:59am   1   117.20.151.87

Checking the post logs of zhoutong, he seemed to be out of pocket for 3-4 days during which time the revision was made above (bold). Perhaps on holiday or conducting business, hence the following: (Relative?) http://blockchain.info/ip-address/98.197.168.106

http://www.my-ip-address-is.com/whatismyip.php
98.197.168.106 IP Address Location Information:
My IP Address:   98.197.168.106
My IP country code:   US
My IP address country:   United States
My IP address state:   Texas
My IP address city:   Galveston
My IP postcode:   
My IP address latitude:   29.2551
My IP address longitude:   -94.8598
My Metro Code is:   618

The reason for me posting this is that I have reason to believe that Zhou Tong may not be the going-on-18-year-old-kid we've been led on to believe. I've have yet to connect all the dots, but during my research I'm finding a lot of connections between key Bitcoiners prior to the creation of Bitcoin, hence the I'm-not-apologizing tone in my most recent posts (for those wondering what's up with Gage).

~Bruno~
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
I'm sure they have USD that isn't customer USD.

That would put them above 90% funded, not below.

not necessarily.  you don't know their corporate structure.  They could have easily been passing profits up the food chain so their numbers might only reflect what's in the subsidiary.

I'm not talking about profits, I'm talking about customer deposits.  Those could not have been moved anywhere; they belong to the customers.

The worst case is that 100% of deposits were in BTC, and therefore the lowest possible funded percentage they should have is 80% (since 20% was stolen).  How then is it possible that they only have 75% of claims funded; not even 75% of deposits?
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

That would put them above 90% funded, not below.

not necessarily.  you don't know their corporate structure.  They could have easily been passing profits up the food chain so their numbers might only reflect what's in the subsidiary.

On the day of the hack they claimed that 20% of their BTC has been stolen.  0% of the USD was stolen.

Assuming a 50:50 mix of BTC to USD deposits; that brings the total remaining to 90% of deposits.

If they subsequently get funds to replace the missing 10%, then that 90% goes up, not down.

That would put them above 90% not below.
vip
Please someone explain how 90% has turned into 75%.

Further: claimed value should be less than deposited value, since not everyone will have claimed.  That makes it easier to have enough funds to match the claims and yet you've only 75% of that lower number?

BTC value has gone up.  That increases the price they pay to buy btc to pay to people.

My analysis applied without them buying a single bitcoin; and if your suggestion were right it would mean they were using customer deposited USD to buy BTC.  What would be the point of that?  The USD customers would still need paying back.

Further: claimed value should be less than deposited value, since not everyone will have claimed.  That makes it easier to have enough funds to match the claims and yet you've only 75% of that lower number?

BTC value has gone up.  That increases the price they pay to buy btc to pay to people.

My analysis applied without them buying a single bitcoin; and if your suggestion were right it would mean they were using customer deposited USD to buy BTC.  What would be the point of that?  The USD customers would still need paying back.

Activity: 518
If you trust me personally, I can confirm that at the time of this post, at least 75% of total claimed value (even including the identified fake ones) is present in Bitcoinica's accounts.

You have previously said that only 20% of total holdings were stolen.  That was 20% of BTC.  That leaves 80%, which is bigger than 75%.

The USD holdings should have been untouched.  Let's assume a 50:50 split between USD and BTC deposits.  That means that 80% of the 50% BTC should be available and 100% of the 50% USD.  In other words: 50% + 40% = 90% of total deposits should be available.

Distinctly worrying.

BTC value has gone up.  That increases the price they pay to buy btc to pay to people.

And here I was sat thinking BTC value went up because they were buying BTC to give back to people ...
vip
If you trust me personally, I can confirm that at the time of this post, at least 75% of total claimed value (even including the identified fake ones) is present in Bitcoinica's accounts.

You have previously said that only 20% of total holdings were stolen.  That was 20% of BTC.  That leaves 80%, which is bigger than 75%.

The USD holdings should have been untouched.  Let's assume a 50:50 split between USD and BTC deposits.  That means that 80% of the 50% BTC should be available and 100% of the 50% USD.  In other words: 50% + 40% = 90% of total deposits should be available.

Distinctly worrying.

BTC value has gone up.  That increases the price they pay to buy btc to pay to people.

Distinctly worrying.
Activity: 518
Chillax guys. Here, only the REAL scammers ( hint: me ) get the tags while the big boys get away with anything !

I am sure you will get your money back. After all, they were a damn FSP ( Financial Services Provider ) ! Thought of them running with our money is impossible in my mind.

Claims may be slow but the money will be given back after they collect enough interest from our USD to pay back our BTC Huh

Zhou is not taking responsibility cuz he sold it and did not tell anyone (until after people who trusted him, asked him to act).

I do not think they can use fiat for legal defense, but honestly I think there is little we can do about them using the bitcoin.

Really what can we do, go to our local cops and say yeah, this company in New Zealand or where ever stole our imaginary crypto currency?

People who are missing dollars can file criminal claims, people who only had BTC are shit out of luck unless I really do not know what I am talking about.

+1 Anybody storing BTC with Interscamgo is a fool wanting to have his money taken from him.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
may i suggest a scammer tag, if they have not begun the payouts by Friday?
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
Ok so how does the scammer tag get applied?  Is there a process for it?  I've been looking but I don't see any place in particular that explains how to start that process.
Activity: 686
Wat
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Hey,

I just went to  http://www.bitcoinica.com/ and found some marketing stuff, the one you usually find on expired domains that someone registered for advertising purposes and quick gain on people, that came for the old site.

Does that mean that the domain expired?

They may be preparing something on another platform, as it points www to a ip from http://www.softlayer.com, but the domain remains of them
While bitcoinica.com and claims.bitcoinica.com still pointed to Rackspace

EDIT:
This very ugly they do this, is an unnecessary shock for a user already burned and lost the perception brand ....
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Hey,

I just went to  http://www.bitcoinica.com/ and found some marketing stuff, the one you usually find on expired domains that someone registered for advertising purposes and quick gain on people, that came for the old site.

They parked it with Sedo. It's not expired.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Hey,

I just went to  http://www.bitcoinica.com/ and found some marketing stuff, the one you usually find on expired domains that someone registered for advertising purposes and quick gain on people, that came for the old site.

Activity: 661
I personally don't like the idea of getting lawyers involved.  Not only that, but do police even know or give a fuck about bitcoin?  This seems like it will be very hard to do unless you have a bankroll for lawyers and such.  Shit, I had like 2000 dollars to my name, 1500 or so of that in the form of coins was sitting in bitcoinica.  

I hope ZT really doesn't have any interest in bitcoinica right now because I would hate to see him get in trouble at a young age for this shit.  Especially because I believe he has been the most helpful in this situation.  I also believe if he was still in "control" this would be settled and done already.

In the end this may have been a relatively cheap lesson for me to learn about risk.  275 BTC and $25 cash.  At least I didn't have money in MF Global.  Btw, why isn't that fuck in prison?  Do you think if they won't touch Corzine for losing 2 billion they are going to go after bitcoin people for less than 1% of that sum all the way on the other side of the world?

This shit isn't looking good for me at least.
Pages:
Jump to: