Pages:
Author

Topic: PH Senator pushes a Ban to POGOs and All Sort of Online Gambling... - page 5. (Read 595 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
are they sure they want to miss out on all the revenue POGO and online gambling will bring? from watching the news it looks to me that POGO/online gambling isn't the issue, it is the corrupt officials who only care about making money for themselves. the Philippines could greatly benefit from POGO and online gambling, we just need officials who have the best intentions for our country(sadly these people are extremely hard to find).

What about you do you think banning offshore gambling operators and online gambling will solve the spread of illegal gambling activities in a country?
it won't. instead of banning them, they need to take full advantage of the revenue offshore gambling will bring to the country.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
This is very bad for the people who love online gambling in the Philippines.  A senator of the Philippines proposes a Bill to ban all Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) and all kinds of Online Gambling.  Any individual involved  will be fined  up to Php500k(US$8,536) or imprisoned for up to six months. More story on the link below:

Philippines senator pushes for banning POGOs, all forms of online gambling

The proposed bill is due to the recent illegal POGO raids where human trafficking, murder, and money laundering were uncovered. Due to this, one of the Philippine senators believes that the best move is to ban POGOs and online gambling all in all and punish any person who is involved in online gambling activity if the bill is approved.

In my personal view, I do not think there is a need to ban POGO's and online gambling.  This is not the fault of a regular individual but the institution behind the gambling regulatory board.  Instead of banning and penalizing people who are engaged in gambling activities, the bill should strengthen the regulation and purge the institution of any corrupt official that allows these illegal activities to proliferate.  He should implement a bill that will severely punish any government official that engage in illegal gambling activities. Banning POGOs and online gambling is like taking the easiest way out and depriving the Philippine government of the possible revenue that can be generated from these ventures and as if this kind of bill will prevent illegal gambling from existing in a country. I hope this kind of bill won't progress instead take an alternative implementation of cleansing the gambling regulatory board of any corrupt official and holding them accountable for their wicked crimes.

What about you do you think banning offshore gambling operators and online gambling will solve the spread of illegal gambling activities in a country?
Pages:
Jump to: