Pages:
Author

Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now. - page 2. (Read 24195 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
the site is great and it would be great for bitcoin if it'd stay alive.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
My two cents with bitcoinstore

ordered a video card, then found out the bitcoin address I had to send payment to was only good for 15 mintues.

WTH?

Stupid

I was gonna pay by withdrawing bitcoins from sealswithclubs but since they did this 15 m thing I couldn't.

Did Bitcoinstore meet its target?  Let me guess: No

What do you expect with a volatile currency?  That they leave the price fixed for an entire week or a day?  Then a lot of people would be speculating, opening orders, and only paying for them if the bitcoin price went down afterwards.  Lots of open orders that are never payed,reserved items that have to be classified as out of stock while they are not etc. . Not a very workable situation, imho.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
Did Bitcoinstore meet its target?  Let me guess: No

We did well enough that our pricing tier has not changed,  so we are still able to offer the cheapest prices of just about anywhere.
We get lots of orders each day from around the world,  and are happy to continue supporting our customers.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
My two cents with bitcoinstore

ordered a video card, then found out the bitcoin address I had to send payment to was only good for 15 mintues.

WTH?

Stupid

I was gonna pay by withdrawing bitcoins from sealswithclubs but since they did this 15 m thing I couldn't.

Did Bitcoinstore meet its target?  Let me guess: No
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
it may be the wrong sort of business for btc at this time

exchanges and money remittance is where BTC can out compete due to its natural advantage.

Remittance to a target country would clean up inmho

I don't think it is the wrong sort of business.  Honestly most franchises and startups are lucky to hit break even after two to three years.  Most people in the Bitcoin space have highly compressed expectations.  With slow natural growth I find it unlikely bitcoinstore won't be solidly profitable in 2016.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
it may be the wrong sort of business for btc at this time

exchanges and money remittance is where BTC can out compete due to its natural advantage.

Remittance to a target country would clean up inmho
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
I would like to buy a few high end notebooks and tablets, unfortunately they dont carry any.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
bitcoinstore.com doesnt carry raspies. i has a sad.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Same here. Is it working for anyone else?
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
legendary
Activity: 1330

Out of stock
You still can order, it will be delivered as soon as possible.

No I can't Sad  There's no button.

(clicking "add to cart" in the search results page doesn't work either)
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
and the big fact that there is a 3000+ que long at mtgox

I am very intrigued by this statement.  How do we find out the backlog at Mt Gox? Thanks.

We didn't find out, MagicalTux said so.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Just to add to your worries ..  Btc went from 95 to 87 in 4 hours.. You are missing out on cheap btc.... the backlog guys Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
and the big fact that there is a 3000+ que long at mtgox

I am very intrigued by this statement.  How do we find out the backlog at Mt Gox? Thanks.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
People who claim to see the long term potential of bitcoin yet seem to totally fail to appreciate the fact that we're bootstrapping the world's first decentralized currency from nothing to global scale....annoy me. It's like you expected the infrastructure, professionalism, network effects, and scale handling to magically come out of nowhere all at once, and now you're disappointed and therefore trollish. As someone who's worked almost exclusively for startups, I appreciate that it's hard. It takes A LOT of work, drive, and passion to execute even when the idea is phenomenal.

Indeed, it's actually quite impressive how much great work is getting done in the bitcoin ecosystem, and the speed at which things are maturing.

+1 There is no comparison between 3/2013 and 8/2012.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
People who claim to see the long term potential of bitcoin yet seem to totally fail to appreciate the fact that we're bootstrapping the world's first decentralized currency from nothing to global scale....annoy me. It's like you expected the infrastructure, professionalism, network effects, and scale handling to magically come out of nowhere all at once, and now you're disappointed and therefore trollish. As someone who's worked almost exclusively for startups, I appreciate that it's hard. It takes A LOT of work, drive, and passion to execute even when the idea is phenomenal.

Indeed, it's actually quite impressive how much great work is getting done in the bitcoin ecosystem, and the speed at which things are maturing.
It does not take work or time to realize that intentionally limiting the speed at which transactions are made is a bad thing. It does not take time or work to realize that no chargebacks is actually a massive negative for the consumer AND the seller. I do see longterm potential for bitcoins I just don't see the same things you do as being the potential.

If BTCstore carried a good stock of musical equipment (mpc machines/midi controllers/monitors/turn tables etc) at a low enough price from other vendors that the inconvenience of using bitcoin instead of USD was offset then I would be all over it.

Chargebacks are possible to implement within the bitcoin protocol, it's just not a standard feature implemented by the current clients.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

It does not take work or time to realize that intentionally limiting the speed at which transactions are made is a bad thing. It does not take time or work to realize that no chargebacks is actually a massive negative for the consumer AND the seller. I do see longterm potential for bitcoins I just don't see the same things you do as being the potential.

If BTCstore carried a good stock of musical equipment (mpc machines/midi controllers/monitors/turn tables etc) at a low enough price from other vendors that the inconvenience of using bitcoin instead of USD was offset then I would be all over it.
legendary
Activity: 1722

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Nothing about bitcoins prevents one-click buying.

For example you could hook into the browser, such as with a plugin, so that your bitcoins are always poised ready to automatically send coins and your delivery address on any web page that contains a "something you can buy with bitcoins" marker.

It could be like the planned Open Transactions system-tray app, always sitting in the system tray ready to do any financial stuff any app or any plug-in for any app (such as broser, skype, instant messenger, whatever) wants done. Maybe it will wait until that Open Transactions system-tray thing is in place and be just another financial asset one can handle through Open Transactions. Or maybe it will come sooner. If you think it is so important, offer a bounty to get it prioritised...

-MarkM-
and then pay the fee myself instead of the merchant (who should be paying it) and wait an hour and then get a broken item or not get it at all and have no recourse against the merchant.

Bitcoin is an unnecessary middle man between consumer and supplier which adds extra layers of complexity and wait and also costs more to use once all is said and done while also offering zero buy protections for the customer. It doesn't have to be this way but as it stands that's how it is.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Nothing about bitcoins prevents one-click buying.

For example you could hook into the browser, such as with a plugin, so that your bitcoins are always poised ready to automatically send coins and your delivery address on any web page that contains a "something you can buy with bitcoins" marker.

It could be like the planned Open Transactions system-tray app, always sitting in the system tray ready to do any financial stuff any app or any plug-in for any app (such as broser, skype, instant messenger, whatever) wants done. Maybe it will wait until that Open Transactions system-tray thing is in place and be just another financial asset one can handle through Open Transactions. Or maybe it will come sooner. If you think it is so important, offer a bounty to get it prioritised...

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: