Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Should Butterfly Labs (BFL) get a Scammer tag? - page 3. (Read 28045 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Only 77 percent say BFL is a scam? Seriously? After BFL pulled a Monarch out of their hat?

A Monarch, that miraculously can cancel formerly uncancelable (pre) orders?

From BFL's webpage: "Transferring your order to a new 28nm Mining Card will cancel your old order completely. ..."

Could anyone explain how a customer can "transfer" an order - but is not allowed to receive a refund because of BFL's "all sales are final" statement?

That means, the argument "we cannot refund you because we already spent resources to build up your device" becomes a fallacy if an order "transfer" is allowed.

How can BFL justify this "non refunds" policy any longer?

Now only that, they are charging a % and you did pay the difference, more $$$ for BFL.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
meeeh, this fucking butterfly stupids are still without scammer tag?

they are refunding customers? no
they are shipping product? no (people are waiting months like idiots)

it is so simple..
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Only 77 percent say BFL is a scam? Seriously? After BFL pulled a Monarch out of their hat?

From BFL's webpage: "Transferring your order to a new 28nm Mining Card will cancel your old order completely. ..."

Could anyone explain how a customer can "transfer" an order - but is not allowed to receive a refund because of BFL's "all sales are final" statement?

That means, the argument "we cannot refund you because we already spent resources to build up your device" becomes a fallacy if an order "transfer" is allowed.

they a ponzi scheme  Cheesy
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

Unless they start denying refunds, they shouldn't be labeled as scammers. They are 6 months late, but they are legitimately working on a product.

Cheesy
They ARE denying refunds and they are Much more than six months late
I know. That's why I laughed, because I didn't think there was anyone else who didn't =P
legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
Unless they start denying refunds, they shouldn't be labeled as scammers. They are 6 months late, but they are legitimately working on a product.

Cheesy
They ARE denying refunds and they are Much more than six months late

Cheesy
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Activity: 280
Activity: 774
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
I will not change my mind till i get my single rig which they advertised and what i paid for is delivered soon.
If they send me in 3 weeks that device or pay me the money they took from me i will change this and remove my posts instant

We all know these guys can talk well and seems to make people still believe they will deliver anything, but i still see pre-ordering when you want to order something i checked.

But besides a few lucky people i see hardly anybody having received what they paid for besides a small freaking jalapeno.
Yes i know some have received a mining rig but what i see if most of them living in the usa.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BFL is undoubtedly a scam. They're a house of cards waiting to fall.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
But I've seen the whites of his eyes, and I believe Josh is not a scammer.
What we believe in is not important. What is important is what facts do we have at hand. The facts we have so far unquestionably prove that BFL is a scam. It was projected to be a scam one year ago. Now they're refusing refunds. It's high time they get a scammer tag on this forum! If not, then this forum is a part of the BFL scam. It is very simple indeed.
Activity: 644
EBM
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
(posted this on that other thread, but it's 108 pages long and I figured you guys should hear this too.)

Okay folks, you might not like this but...

I no longer think they're scammers. Hear me out, if you will - and please check my other posts too. I thought the absolute worst and said so, loudly. No sock puppet here.

So what happened to change my mind? The BC London conference.

Chatted with lots of big-time BTC people, as you'd expect. BFL was mentioned quite a bit, but in more sympathetic tones than angry - which amazed me. Did these people not know what BFL had been doing?

Then I realised Josh was actually there - which amazed me too. So I went over to collar him, for what I presumed would be a righteous bollocking, and ended up speaking with him for a long time.

Told him we were a pissed-off-no-longer-in-the-queue ex-customer, etc. Heard what he had to say, watched how he said it too. FWIW, my conclusion is that he - and they -  are legit and they will deliver, even though it's crazy late and below original specs.

Cock-up, not conspiracy - but not helped by an unpro attitude to customer service with these ongoing slanging matches. Even a young company should always rise above conflict and remain polite, no matter what. (Military mindset, I believe.)

Remember how Yifu Guo spoke about how it doesn't matter how much money you have; to get chips done in China, it's who you know? BFL found that out the hard way - and so did its customers.

BTC, ASICs, all of this is new territory. Look at Gox's teething problems (and I'm NOT defending them, just pointing out that BFL is not alone in making mistakes in this space).

I'll leave you with a thought; my first 'PC' was a Sinclair ZX81. They were pre-sold via adverts, and only then were they actually made and shipped. The delays were incredible and the failure rate ridiculous. But it was the world's first <£100 computer, a totally new concept, so people cut Sinclair a lot of slack.

You don't have to do the same for BFL. You can be pissed off with good reason. But I've seen the whites of his eyes, and I believe Josh is not a scammer. He's just over-promised and over-reached - which would not be the first time in the world of tech startups. Hell, I did it myself with mine.

And as I'm kinda vouching for him here, I won't hide behind anonymity - although I'd like to keep private. Anyone wants to know who I am, just DM me.
Activity: 280
Activity: 210
BFL is definitely a scam, they are now refusing refunds (they refuse to give me a refund on the basis they are "shipping") even though they are not shipping, quoted me a 2 month shipping window, and it is now outside that 2 month window. I already gave the majority of my funds to KnC, but I doubt if I hold onto this BFL order I will see it before 2014...thus I do not want it...and would like a refund, but that was refused.

They have some horrible customer service, that is for sure. I've sent several emails after they refused my refund, and all have gone unanswered so far.
Activity: 126

pre-order NOW! cuz its only a 24month wait list that is not published!
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
They aren't quite scamming, as they are shipping miners out. You know, just several months behind schedule. I'm guessing they're having trouble with manufacturing, particularly in getting long-running, consistent production going. I FINALLY received mine a few weeks ago, and it does work well. I think they need new marketing people and perhaps an ethics consultant.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
One of those bad days huh?
I-uhh, *gives up* Yeah... one of those days...
Activity: 644
Product: Not a scam
BFL: Crooked business, NOT A SCAM.
BFL's way of gaining money? Totally a fucking scam.
"pre-order now, products are in the final stages of development, SHIPPING NEXT MONTH!" For seven months in a row of them updating and changing the banner to be accuarate, Prooving that it was not "left up there" and that it was constantly being "re-put-up" with next months month added on.
Blatent, Fucking, Scamming. BFL was practically scamming people into being investors with No Return, and No Say.
If they didnt state "shipping next month" Im pretty damn sure that they would not have conned enough funds out of people to build thier dream creation business.

What the scam is, Is the way the took our money under False Advertising. Thats illegal. Thats a Con.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2139947
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1580846
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1622626
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1625531

There is more but that should support any doubt in character for Josh and the BFL company.

Pages:
Jump to: