Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Should Butterfly Labs (BFL) get a Scammer tag? - page 4. (Read 28028 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Product: Not a scam
BFL: Crooked business, NOT A SCAM.
BFL's way of gaining money? Totally a fucking scam.
"pre-order now, products are in the final stages of development, SHIPPING NEXT MONTH!" For seven months in a row of them updating and changing the banner to be accuarate, Prooving that it was not "left up there" and that it was constantly being "re-put-up" with next months month added on.
Blatent, Fucking, Scamming. BFL was practically scamming people into being investors with No Return, and No Say.
If they didnt state "shipping next month" Im pretty damn sure that they would not have conned enough funds out of people to build thier dream creation business.

What the scam is, Is the way the took our money under False Advertising. Thats illegal. Thats a Con.

One of those bad days huh?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Just because they charge more they shouldn't really be tagged a scammer in my opinion if people are just really talking about prices Tongue

I would like to see a progress bar for their orders fulfilled versus orders placed.  Also, a ticker showing each order leaving the facility.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Just because they charge more they shouldn't really be tagged a scammer in my opinion if people are just really talking about prices Tongue
Activity: 644
I don't see why they should get a scammer tag. They haven't scammed anyone yet, are offering refunds, and as far as I've seen they're starting to be delivered. I have faith that they'll deliver soon.

I agree Lets all get together and make a huge group buy and buy as many units as possible so we can get preferred treatment and jump the line. We can all meet at a convention and video tape a group video of us running our units giving BFL a great media exposure. That alone will get our units quicker.

Just imagine the love and peace we can bring to the world as we show that BFL is good and loves everyone.

Oh my gosh I'm think I'm gonna cry.

they dont care! there is no prefered treatment. they wont even budge on the phone, so i know that they dont bother with dealing with people they have no social connections to the outside!

For the record, I was being sarcastic.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I don't see why they should get a scammer tag. They haven't scammed anyone yet, are offering refunds, and as far as I've seen they're starting to be delivered. I have faith that they'll deliver soon.

I agree Lets all get together and make a huge group buy and buy as many units as possible so we can get preferred treatment and jump the line. We can all meet at a convention and video tape a group video of us running our units giving BFL a great media exposure. That alone will get our units quicker.

Just imagine the love and peace we can bring to the world as we show that BFL is good and loves everyone.

they dont care! there is no prefered treatment. they wont even budge on the phone, so i know that they dont bother with dealing with people they have no social connections to the outside!
Activity: 126

WOW! totally cool link thank you very clear. and daymn 30 days and the hash has doubled!
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
Two more days to 1 year waiting.  Shocked
It is too late to ask for a refund, yeah?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Two more days to 1 year waiting.  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Shipping a little tiny batch of orders is not..."shipping".

1 year and finally they are sending a few units out...lol what a joke.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
x1 7970 | Aprox. 587 kh/s
I thought they started shipping? :3
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
Read the conversation between Inaba and Garr255:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236794.80

In order for me to keep my pre-orders Josh is making me do the following:

I Found this one pretty wild too!

Wonder if some of the fellows around here might like as a signature LOL!!

Everyone here is monumental assholes
Activity: 182
Swiss Money all around me!
Read the conversation between Inaba and Garr255:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236794.80

In order for me to keep my pre-orders Josh is making me do the following:

Activity: 644

Activity: 672
Activity: 140
The thing I cannot get past is simply that they claim to have VC funds to pay for development, yet they continue to take 100% payment for pre-ordered products that don't exist, raise the price on these non-existent products, and continue to buy ad space. All this despite having a backlog of orders going back nearly one year.

If development is paid for out of VC funding then pre-order customers(investors) are merely a liability. They plainly do not like having investors as evidenced by their animosity toward these investors. Account management, book keeping, and general CS costs real money...so why do it if you don't need the money? It makes no sense from a business standpoint.

Basically the real question is why take on the liability/risk if you don't have to?

Answer: because they had to. Simple as that.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
The thing I cannot get past is simply that they claim to have VC funds to pay for development, yet they continue to take 100% payment for pre-ordered products that don't exist, raise the price on these non-existent products, and continue to buy ad space. All this despite having a backlog of orders going back nearly one year.

If development is paid for out of VC funding then pre-order customers(investors) are merely a liability. They plainly do not like having investors as evidenced by their animosity toward these investors. Account management, book keeping, and general CS costs real money...so why do it if you don't need the money? It makes no sense from a business standpoint.

Basically the real question is why take on the liability/risk if you don't have to?

Answer: because they had to. Simple as that.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey

Yeah, It just screams "we are almost out of money"
Seriously think of the cost of all those chips/wafers/boards/heatsinks/fans/cases and those Stupid Useless BFL boxes that get put inside a standard shipping box, WHATS THE FUCKING POINT? DO THEY PLAN TO PUT THESE ON A SHELF IN A RETAIL STORE? OR IS IT A BIG DICKWAVING TO GRAB MORE PREORDERS!

Pretty damn sure that BFL is close to running out of money I doubt they even have enough materials to fill HALF the orders that they have, So they are scrambling to grab more money rather than go "we cannot construct the unit that you already payed for because we spent your money ineffeciently, We require addintion funds", at wich point, Everyone will pull thier orders if able to, Throwing BFL into another MASSIVE FUCKING SCAM because of all the money that they payed themselves with.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Oh noes, who could have know that they fuck up each and every step? It was just another startup that failed, right? ...

This is part that boggles my mind.  Even with substandard engineers and the cheapest/unskillful production facilities you shouldn't have to do each step 4 or more times. What kind of troglodytes are working at all these places that a relatively straightforward device cannot be produced in 6 months, really?
As "ISAWHIM" put it quite clearly:
-Snip-
Even if they have every intention of, "following through". I could rob a bank, with the "intention" of giving it back... It is the robbery that is the crime. The intention is irrelevant.

They claimed to have a solution...
They claimed to have sources...
They claimed to have ability...
They claimed to be open...
They claimed MANY "expected delivery readiness" dates...

They actually had nothing more than the same idea we all had. Yet they falsely led people to believe (lied), that they were ONLY missing "Capital"... Then began taking our capital, using those blatant lies. And remain taking capital, even though they STILL, a year later, have not delivered more than 0.01% of anything promised. While they continue to say, "we are working on it"...
-Snip-
My thought is this, They hired people to do thier job/idea for them with our funds, while they sitback and ask their Minimum Wage employees "how is it coming" and they say "Uhh sir we fucked up again, Your specifications are quite impossible" "Try again" "Sir we fucked up again, Your slightly reduced specifications are still impossible" "TRY AGAIN" "Sir your fucking up, These specifications are Not possible" while BFL kicks back and gives themselves a FAT paycheck of our money whenever the fuck they feel like it.

I strongly believe that they do not have a highly qualified professional "TechGuy" at BFL, I think they have nearly experianceless assembly line workers working minimum wage.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Oh noes, who could have know that they fuck up each and every step? It was just another startup that failed, right? ...

This is part that boggles my mind.  Even with substandard engineers and the cheapest/unskillful production facilities you shouldn't have to do each step 4 or more times. What kind of troglodytes are working at all these places that a relatively straightforward device cannot be produced in 6 months, really?
Pages:
Jump to: