Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Should Butterfly Labs (BFL) get a Scammer tag? - page 5. (Read 28028 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Isn't there a LAW in the USA, that says something to this effect...

"Venture capital must be held in a certified federal withholding bank, with limited access, available for all venture investors to view."

"Working funds must be loaned, based of holdings of venture capital. Without using the venture capital holdings."

"You must clearly state, 'venture', 'investment', 'loan', when soliciting funds that are 'not used to pay directly for physical goods'."

Since they are stating it is an "order"/"purchase", which IMPLIES it is a produced good... But also "mention", that it is a pre-order, but do not state the "holdings" of the pre-order funds... and Have not made "held funds" available to be "monitored" by the "investors/venturists/lenders"...

That makes it fraud.

Even if they have every intention of, "following through". I could rob a bank, with the "intention" of giving it back... It is the robbery that is the crime. The intention is irrelevant.

They claimed to have a solution...
They claimed to have sources...
They claimed to have ability...
They claimed to be open...
They claimed MANY "expected delivery readiness" dates...

They actually had nothing more than the same idea we all had. Yet they falsely led people to believe (lied), that they were ONLY missing "Capital"... Then began taking our capital, using those blatant lies. And remain taking capital, even though they STILL, a year later, have not delivered more than 0.01% of anything promised. While they continue to say, "we are working on it"... but "it" was delivered??? Does it assemble itself once they "finish working on it", after it has arrived in your hands?

30 were sent-out to "reviewers"... And the reviews... Are... posted... where... (Not even on the BFL forums.)

They post in the forums... then tell you the real news in in the blogs... then the blogs lead you to other forums, or back to the BFL forum... and NOTHING is up to date. (That is called misleading you, misdirection, diversion, running you in circles, keeping you occupied, feeding you BS.)

When you SPEND the VENTURED CAPITAL, and use INCOMING VENTURE CAPITAL to PAY SPENT REFUNDS... That is called a "pyramid scam". Even if you DO deliver a few items, which is still less than 0.01% of the orders. (That is also the sign that it is a scam.)

They are a business... then... show me the legal paperwork of collected funds, and FDIC insured bank-account where these "untouched" funds are being held... and the "loan you got", based on our holdings. Since that is the "legal" method for a legal business. (Oh, yea.. they are not legal, and they didn't do that. Yet they freely accepted USD, which requires them to follow "US currency laws.")
Activity: 1162
I'm not sure if this is completely intentional on BFL's part, but it makes one think very hard about what BFL's game is.

My theory for their incredible amount of dilettantism is this: There's no pressure on BFL, because they already have our money.
They have enough venture capital and pre order money for another six months(?). Another year(?). Who knows. I assume Josh & Sonny grant themselves a princely salary (say $800,000 per year) because they are such high potentials  Roll Eyes.

Once this money is gone, and/or no more new money comes in, because even hillbillies understood that difficulty made BFLs devices unprofitable, BFL is history.

Once BFL goes belly up, prosecutors can't find anything unlawful, because BFL tried as best as they could to bring ASICS to the market. Oh noes, who could have know that they fuck up each and every step? It was just another startup that failed, right? ...

And a nice addition from user "dropt": "You forgot the part where they sell a copy of the mask to a newly formed tech company for pennies on the dollar in efforts to balance the books and stave off bankruptcy.  As BFL implodes, said newly founded tech company starts a massive solo mining asic farm."
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

One of the interesting things said by the investigators out of the *Rex Rogers / lotto fraud case is that:

These guys were good.  They were careful not to make any definite claims.

Kind of the same thing with BFL.  You say you have something soon�™  Make obscure references to designs/tests/timelines.  Nothing definitive.  Have the nerve to invoke Abraham Lincoln. 

(By the way - the heat testing claim in November 2012 was likely with heat elements and not actual ASIC chips on a board.)

I'm not sure if this is completely intentional on BFL's part, but it makes one think very hard about what BFL's game is.

*Rex Rogers being Sonny @ BFL's father.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I made the following post last July in which I indicated it made NO SENSE how BFL could make power/speed claims on ASICs without actually developed them.

I have just one question: How can you know that your ASICS/rigs you are touting/preordering going to have as much hashing power as you claim on your website unless you have already created the ASICs and benchmarked them.

This question I need answered.

To claim a rig will have a hash rate and not be able to actually sell (more importantly, demonstrate its hashing capabilities), says that you likely don't have the technology at all. Otherwise why not just keep the hardware secret and mine happily for the rest of bitcoinity and make tons more profit?

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well said
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
The law of the universe!
SCAM!

and my eyes hurts watching those scammers ad here!
Paid with the money of their scam!

But wait.....they will ship after many years from now when the difficulty is too high to mine with those. Claiming they were never scammers!!!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Not sure what happened to my post, not sure if I actually posted it  Roll Eyes
I said the admins won't slap the scammer tag on BFL and Inaba because they won't bite the hand that feeds them. BFL pay for advertising:
Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206304.msg2228269#msg2228269
Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214520.msg2257451#msg2257451

This is damning of Theymos Sad

More interested in the money than he is in altruism.

Not in the least..

Anyone can put up an advertisement, regardless of who they are, what they've done, or what they're accused of doing.
But its a false advertisement and false advertising is illegal!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I said the admins won't slap the scammer tag on BFL and Inaba because they won't bite the hand that feeds them. BFL pay for advertising:
Code:
Code:

Not in the least..

Anyone can put up an advertisement, regardless of who they are, what they've done, or what they're accused of doing.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Code:
Code:

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Code:
Code:
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
I thought BFL begun shipping like a week ago or something?
If you come across something with "lab" in its name, RUN! 99.99% of investors in ScamflyLabs will never get their money back!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Finding Satoshi
I thought BFL begun shipping like a week ago or something?
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
We payed for thier dream creation
And all we got was a nightmare.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Voting seems pretty clear. Time to send BFL to scamland.

Even now, they're advertising all over Google/Gmail with an FAQ that says they started shipping in Feb.

Liars - and foul-mouthed bad-tempered ones at that.

EBM
Activity: 70
Voting seems pretty clear. Time to send BFL to scamland.

Even now, they're advertising all over Google/Gmail with an FAQ that says they started shipping in Feb.

Liars - and foul-mouthed bad-tempered ones at that.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I made the following post last July in which I indicated it made NO SENSE how BFL could make power/speed claims on ASICs without actually developed them.

Dude! You annoy BFL sheeple since one year? No wonder your Ignore button is dark orange  Grin

YES!  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 1162

Dude! You annoy BFL sheeple since one year? No wonder your Ignore button is dark orange  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

I have just one question: How can you know that your ASICS/rigs you are touting/preordering going to have as much hashing power as you claim on your website unless you have already created the ASICs and benchmarked them.

This question I need answered.

To claim a rig will have a hash rate and not be able to actually sell (more importantly, demonstrate its hashing capabilities), says that you likely don't have the technology at all. Otherwise why not just keep the hardware secret and mine happily for the rest of bitcoinity and make tons more profit?

Grin Grin Grin Grin
EBM
Activity: 70
SO they claim to have started shipping at the beginning of May.  Has anyone received their products yet?

On http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitforce-sc-faq/ NOW: "Our ASIC based products ranging from 4.5 GH/s to 1,500 GH/s are currently scheduled for availability in February, 2013."

They also have some golden-egg laying geese. That they would rather YOU made the money from. Such nice people...

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
SO they claim to have started shipping at the beginning of May.  Has anyone received their products yet?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
So they cancel your order if you diss their product that they've used for personal profit with your payment that you've waited up to 1+ years for? The product they keep saying will ship soon but only ships ~20-100 at a time?

I don't see why they don't have a scammer tag already. This POS company deserves more than a scammer tag....
Pages:
Jump to: