Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Should Butterfly Labs (BFL) get a Scammer tag? - page 8. (Read 28028 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Easy scammer tag, continues to take in tons of $ each month while unprofessional PR guy angers customers and inept engineers never advance the product.  

All the while marketing expenses are increasing.

Failed to donate 1000 btc as promised
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
full ack
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I believe they should be given the scammer tag.  They have clearly and consistently misled their customers into thinking (a) they either had or were very close to shipping real products, (b) they took pre-order money to fund the development of a product without informing their customers first.

If they had come out and been completely transparent like, "Hey guys, we need investment funds to develop this ASIC product.  If we are successful, shipping should be about 2 years from now...", I would vote no on the scammer tag.  However, they misled people.  What they actually got was start-up money to fund their project.  How many people would have given them money if that had been clearly stated?

Scammer tag it is then!
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
I have abstained.  I think anyone giving money to BFL is throwing it in a hole.

The exact flavor and odor of said hole is of absolutely no interest to me.

I do think it is time to banish all BFL threads to speculation.  Keeping them in Custom Hardware is a joke.  When they can show videos of a happy Garr and Fefox unboxing their toys and making coins with them, let them back into this part of the forum.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
BFL is keeping a portion of first batch chips for their own mining farm:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-is-keeping-a-portion-of-first-batch-chips-for-their-own-mining-farm-157329

#1 batch customers: how you're feeling right now?

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't this refer to units which Josh personally ordered and paid for in June 2012 and in which shares were then made available?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-bflsrig-bfl-hardware-mining-sales-89902

Be that as it may, it's still a glaring conflict of interest.

Josh either needs to be an ASIC maker, or be a miner.  To be both is too dangerous.

legendary
Activity: 1190
If you voted "Yes", put your signature where your mouth is  Wink

I tweaked the message a bit.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
If you voted "Yes", put your signature where your mouth is  Wink

Code:
[size=16pt][color=red][b]Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for > 7 months. It could be a scam![/b][/color][/size]
[b]BFL started taking pre order money in June 2012, but have not shipped a single ASIC device up until today. There's no evidence they have a working prototype.[/b]

I did  Cheesy

And I post a lot on this forum. Spread the word guys. BFL is likely a scam.  Grin
Yep, because everyone wants to be a loud, arrogant bastard, just like you.

Arrogant? Please explain.
legendary
Activity: 952
Yep, because everyone wants to be a loud, arrogant bastard, just like you.

Code:
[size=16pt][color=red][b]Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for > 7 months. It could be a scam![/b][/color][/size]
[b]BFL started taking pre order money in June 2012, but have not shipped a single ASIC device up until today. There's no evidence they have a working prototype.[/b]
Activity: 868

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-is-keeping-a-portion-of-first-batch-chips-for-their-own-mining-farm-157329

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't this refer to units which Josh personally ordered and paid for in June 2012 and in which shares were then made available?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-bflsrig-bfl-hardware-mining-sales-89902

Activity: 495
Merit: 507
How exactly bitching on BFL, Tom and others, who failed to deliver on time or didn't delivered at all, but didn't ran away with money, helps?

Because just because they aren't withholding refunds right this instant doesn't mean the won't in the future, especially with 6 months of extra salary for the staff to cover.

Once the flood dams will open on BFL reimbursements someone will pull the trigger too late.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
How exactly bitching on BFL, Tom and others, who failed to deliver on time or didn't delivered at all, but didn't ran away with money, helps?

Ignoring some glaring grammar problems, it helps by exposing them.
If BFL (which is clearly a scam, and I truly feel sorry for anyone who fell for it) goes belly up because of accurate accusations, you would blame the accusers rather than the scammers themselves?

Whatever. You are too stupid to understand. Apply the scammer tag then complain about shitload of negative Bitcoin press around.

On second thought, you are right.  We better not scare the scammers - how else will they make a living?
Activity: 56
If BFL (which is clearly a scam, and I truly feel sorry for anyone who fell for it) goes belly up because of accurate accusations, you would blame the accusers rather than the scammers themselves?

Whatever. You are too stupid to understand. Apply the scammer tag then complain about shitload of negative Bitcoin press around.

You're right, we should just keep our mouths shut and let obvious scams take in more money. That way there's no negative press until the day they dissapear with millions.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Is this a joke? 

Welcome to BitcoinTalk. "Please don't call scammers scammers, they might disappear with our money."
It might be good to introduce "Scammer On Hold" tag, for the cases where there is no proof someone took money and is just gonne, pufff!
There is a difference between "took money and just gonne, puff!" and "having difficulties with refunding customers", "our chips don't work
as expected, you will have to wait until improved chips arive" or similar scenarios.

What is gonne is gonne, case closed. Situation with BFL, Tom and some other entities is not at that stage yet. You can be pissed on them,
but calling for a scammer tag and applying one won't bring any good to the situation, will it? You yourself might actualy push the situation
to the stage where your money is gonne, pufff!

Get laid, have a drink, go for a walk. Vent the rage elsewhere, this forum and around is quite a bad place for that, given it is open to public.

Is this a joke? 

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
Tom was slow in processing refunds, and he was given the Scammer tag. BFL is no better.

and to date Tom still hasn't refunded everyone, or even majority AFAIK. I'm one of those waiting for a refund, with no replies to anything.
Pages:
Jump to: