Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex = Scam exchange beware. - page 11. (Read 41224 times)

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
July 20, 2017, 07:35:08 AM
TheIrishman : so you're doing all this for 0.001 BTC ?

Potentially screwing thousands of people who have real funds on Poloniex ?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
July 20, 2017, 06:11:13 AM
Didn't the fact the coins on Poloniex are more then 10 times the value they should be with faked bot inflated volumes, would of been a serious clue for people that they doing some real dodgy shit.

When the coins they about to remove are announced they drop over 50% in value before the announcement is made. This is so all the insiders can sell off in time.

It is another cryptsy in the making. Wait a few more months.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006
legendary
July 19, 2017, 09:38:12 PM
After 27 hours of them illegally withholding assets that belong to me, I went to the contact page of the Delaware Attorney General to find his contact information. I then looked on Poloniex's site for their physical address and it only shows "Poloniex, Inc. 2017 - Wilmington, DE, USA".

Trying to find their complete physical address, I did a search for "Poloniex" on the SEC site, which raised a red flag - the SEC has the company registered as "Poloniex, LCC" and incorporated in Montana, with the physical address "1001 S. MAIN STREET SUITE 600 KALISPELL MT 59901".

A quick search on Google for "Poloniex, LLC" returned this very interesting reddit post from just 3 months ago among the first results (someone had made this research before me):

with the recent altcoin runup... with most of the volume on poloniex, i'm quite worried that poloniex is simply cryptsy 2.0.

they were only recently legally incorporated (2/9/2016), in delaware, by a "virtual office" called vcorp services.

https://www.delawarelookup.com/company/5959580/poloniex-inc

https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/ecorp/entitysearch/namesearch.aspx (look for poloniex)

their 'address' is again, a virtual office (see: https://poloniex.com/terms/content.php)

1013 centre road, suite 403b , wilmington, de, 19805

searching for this address results in millions of other 'corporations' at this address. with hundreds of millions of dollars in volume, you'd think they'd spring for a real office?

they claim to be registered with fincen. (see: https://poloniex.com/terms/content.php)

poloniex is registered with fincen as an msb (money services business), registration number 31000055869515. poloniex may be required to file details of account activity to this organization from time to time.

if you look up their msb number here: https://www.fincen.gov/msb-registrant-search there is no result.

there's a few other things like, particularly very little information on the owner. something stinks. the main thing that bothers me is the fact that they've been around so long yet still use virtual offices. we're talking hundreds of millions of dollars of volume, this isn't some new small business that can't afford a full blown office.

here's just a few 'legitimate businesses' that have the same physical address as poloniex.

https://www.owhealth.com/about.html

https://splitmetrics.com/legal-contacts/

https://www.vyayama.com/pages/terms-conditions

https://www.totemmi.com/pages/terms-of-service

http://scalarr.io/

https://www.appvirality.com/contact

can really go on all day.

edit: they were also registered as an llc in 2014, but this also was done by a virtual corporation service in montana.

In a nutshell: their physical addresses, both in Delaware and in Montana, are of virtual offices provided by companies like Vcorp Services, whose site advertises "same day incorporation and LLC formations".

The reddit user who started that thread posted this reply to a comment that said this was "common business practice":

this is acceptable for new businesses, just starting out and need to conserve money.

not so much when you're already dealing with millions of dollars. they claim to have offices in boston... but they don't seem to keen to share an address, so it could be bullshit, or another virtual office.

but don't worry, we can trust them with tens of millions of dollars. their physical address though must remain private, we can't be trusted with that.
legendary
July 19, 2017, 05:05:56 PM
24 hours and counting... Unbeliavable!
legendary
July 19, 2017, 01:53:26 PM
If you're lending, then you don't hold your coins, so in the event of a fork, you will only get back one of the forked coin. It's normal, there is no way to do it differently, since the coins are lent to other users, not to Poloniex.

I wonder what's the reason for the "awaiting approval" some of you are getting, what is your level ?

I'm only Level 1, have provided my info more than a month ago to get to level 2, but it's still processing.

Nonetheless I can withdraw instantly, 2000$ worth of BTC each day for the last 5 days. I want to get everything out before the 31st July to ride the mess (and go to vacation) without worries.

I'm level 2, fully verified. This didn't use to happen a few months ago, withdrawals would be propagated to miners right after I confirmed them. And I only use Poloniex for very small BTC amounts, usually to convert some alt coin into BTC.
legendary
July 19, 2017, 01:47:59 PM
guys i think its worse then we thought , i found this article , the guy is saying they did the same thing with ethereum fork ; if you guys a a bit wise , youll understand that they are doing the same now with bitcoin, i suggest everyone to rush a complaint to the sec that they arrest these guys asap

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4ue785/i_am_filing_a_complaint_with_the_sec_regarding/

21 hours and counting...
Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
July 19, 2017, 04:16:42 AM
If you're lending, then you don't hold your coins, so in the event of a fork, you will only get back one of the forked coin. It's normal, there is no way to do it differently, since the coins are lent to other users, not to Poloniex.

I wonder what's the reason for the "awaiting approval" some of you are getting, what is your level ?

I'm only Level 1, have provided my info more than a month ago to get to level 2, but it's still processing.

Nonetheless I can withdraw instantly, 2000$ worth of BTC each day for the last 5 days. I want to get everything out before the 31st July to ride the mess (and go to vacation) without worries.
legendary
July 19, 2017, 12:57:50 AM
Fuck that shitty exchange. I requested a tiny withdrawal of 0.01 BTC and it's still in their "awaiting approval" state for over 8 hours already, meaning someone has to manually approve the request. Only after that the transaction will be broadcast. I opened a support ticket and it was summarily closed with an automated reply email saying that withdrawals may remain in that state for up to 24 hours - seriously???
Activity: 43
July 17, 2017, 03:35:24 PM
My myriad is not withdrawn from 1.06.2017, the application is hanging, after the next ticket was written that the coin is delisting and they need to synchronize the wallet)), although before that 30 coins were withdrawn (there were several applications) from 90tys. In short, those trolls. I created a couple more tickets and they banned me from supporting))
translate google)
Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
July 11, 2017, 11:11:16 PM
Support answered to me after 3 weeks:

"Dear Pavel,

Please be advised that Poloniex is not a web wallet or address changing service. When a customer deposits funds to their Poloniex account we assume they do so to trade on our platform. Continued use of your Poloniex account to deposit and withdraw funds without trading could lead to freezes and possible account closure.

There are a variety of other solutions for storing your coins. Check out local wallets or web wallets designed for handling such operations.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Javan Green
Poloniex Support"

They don't withdraw my money. Just get back my 1 ETH on my Poloniex account. ((
I didnt even read that on their ToS that using them as a wallet would really blocked your account. They do have a point and they have the rights but they should really announce it or make it clear into their potential users because it cant really be avoided on some people that they would use an exchanged for the sake on depositing and withdrawing funds. Just like what i did on coinbase until now i didnt experience any problems on it.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
July 11, 2017, 07:31:09 PM
funds where coming from bitstamp, and the coin on bitstamp were bought with a wire transfer from my bank account , i had an answer from them 4 days ago telling me they are forwarding to an agent to look for missing funds . Again it take 5 min to see they took it, i actually had more problem then i thought with this situation, it even hit my credit big time , i still dont have my money and im thinking we should all get a major lawsuit like kraken , even mtgox dood is having charge . Violence might make them understand but will cost way more then 50-100 k as already some people contacted me for this but we can all get together and make a lawsuit against them

what do you guys think about it ?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
July 10, 2017, 06:50:29 AM
Poloniex had issues with their SC wallet a month and a half ago... just as I transferred 2000 coins. They never showed up on the wallet (transaction is perfectly logged on the blockchain though). 3 (unanswered) tickets and almost 2 months later, still nothing.

These guys are fucking thieves in my book. I haven't traded with them since.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
July 07, 2017, 09:24:21 PM
i have ticketd opened for 25 days , THEY     stole 1.83 bitcoin from my wallet and a little bit more, i ask multiple time to get a refund but THEY fuckn ignore me

ILL  PAY 50 K FOR TRISTAN DAGOTA IN ANY CONDITION
ILL PAY 25 K TO ANYONE THAT BRING ME POLONIEX EMPLOYEES IN ANY CONDITION

Just curious did you deposit funds straight from the dark web market to p0loniex  Grin .Dont have to answer that by the way Cheesy  but they have ways of spotting this and i guessing there asking you for your ID and where u got the funds from .
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 07, 2017, 08:28:19 AM
i have ticketd opened for 25 days , THEY     stole 1.83 bitcoin from my wallet and a little bit more, i ask multiple time to get a refund but THEY fuckn ignore me

Instead of making wild threats, contact the police. Then contact poloniex to advise them that you have made an official report to the police.
Activity: 98
July 07, 2017, 04:18:34 AM
no, we are not in a wild wild west but its what need to happen as those guys will fuck us all, and im going forwarrd with it, the money they stole cause me all kind of problem and if they dont refund like yesterdfay, they dont give me any choice

They seem to be taking 2-4 weeks to answer support tickets, instead of going in a frenzy how about you wait for them to get to you.
Activity: 644
Merit: 274
July 07, 2017, 04:14:35 AM
no, we are not in a wild wild west but its what need to happen as those guys will fuck us all, and im going forwarrd with it, the money they stole cause me all kind of problem and if they dont refund like yesterdfay, they dont give me any choice
wait a minute. Loss of 4K can cause you problems, but you can provide 50K anytime to anyone who kills the head of polo? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Activity: 92
July 06, 2017, 11:08:09 PM
Activity: 644
Merit: 274
July 06, 2017, 03:33:56 AM

we are not in the wild-west bro, calm down.
Activity: 2
July 05, 2017, 09:37:09 AM
Support answered to me after 3 weeks:

"Dear Pavel,

Please be advised that Poloniex is not a web wallet or address changing service. When a customer deposits funds to their Poloniex account we assume they do so to trade on our platform. Continued use of your Poloniex account to deposit and withdraw funds without trading could lead to freezes and possible account closure.

There are a variety of other solutions for storing your coins. Check out local wallets or web wallets designed for handling such operations.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Javan Green
Poloniex Support"

They don't withdraw my money. Just get back my 1 ETH on my Poloniex account. ((
Pages:
Jump to: