Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex = Scam exchange beware. - page 7. (Read 41224 times)

K4
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
August 19, 2017, 11:47:55 AM
I will soon withdraw all my funds from Poloniex.

One of my NOTE deposits never arrived and never ever showed up anywhere on Poloniex, eventhough I can clearly see them in the blockchain.

A support ticket that I had submitted weeks ago still hasn't been answered of course.

I'm thinking about spamming the support, since I lost A LOT of money because I can't sell my NOTE and I'm losing money everyday.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 19, 2017, 09:36:49 AM
I keep reading all these scam accusations against poloneix , yet, people keep using them. Is it that the majority ain't aware that they are selectively scamming?

New accounts are having problems withdrawing, but old accounts are not. So the old accounts continue to use Poloniex.

In addition they have some features that other exchanges don't, such as the ability to lend btc and some alts and the ability to short some alts (because traders can borrow them). Bittrex for example has no lending and no margin trading.
Activity: 644
Merit: 274
August 19, 2017, 06:26:38 AM
I keep reading all these scam accusations against poloneix , yet, people keep using them. Is it that the majority ain't aware that they are selectively scamming?
or just the majority don't fall for this fud. always noob accounts... interesting, huh?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 19, 2017, 05:45:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
August 19, 2017, 02:11:59 AM
I have not seen any evidence if poloniex is a scam but with the problems that exist in poloniex we should be more careful again and think further to use poloniex because there are still many problems that have not been resolved there yet.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 18, 2017, 11:30:42 PM
I always encounter many technical issues in polo. I always get logged out after a minute of getting logged in is what always happen to me. I still don't know why most investors go to polo instead of bittrex that I have never encountered any issues ever since.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
August 18, 2017, 09:12:53 PM
scammers are everywhere, ensure you, your check and read and understand how the market runs, avoid ex changers with bad track record, meaning you got to explore before investing or using an exchanger.
copper member
Activity: 282
Merit: 111
Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.
August 18, 2017, 01:49:50 PM
Well people ... after waiting for ages (weeks to be exact) i finally got my BTC _and_ my BCH out of polo, sadly, they still did not give me the real BCH for all BTC in limbo.... but o.k.

I only have 0.01btc left there in several coins ... but i'm actually checking my options where to send them to have them on the safe side _if_ they actually break down completely. Sad

Hacky

P.s.: You should watch the initial [ANN] thread from Busoni too: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annexchange-poloniex-crypto-exchange-with-btcnxt-420836
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 18, 2017, 10:59:49 AM
the thing everyone has been saying about polo being shit and failures but people still use them. the only way is for people to stop using them but this could cause issues short term but longterm better.
Activity: 19
August 18, 2017, 10:48:02 AM
POLONIEX IS ABSOFUCKINGLUTLY SCAM. SINCE 3 DAYS THEY ARE HOLDING MY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS AND DONT REPLY TO SUPPORT TICKETS. I BET ALL IN ALL THEY ARE HOLDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. THEY HAVE REACHED A POINT THAT THEY HAVE SO BAD REPUTATION THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER SURVIVE IN THIS BUSINESS. THEIR ONLY WAY EXIT IS TO RUN AWAY WITH CUSTOMERS' MONEY. WE NEED TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THEM!
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
August 16, 2017, 10:23:17 AM
WTF? Hacker sold his exploit to bypass @Poloniex 2FA because they didn't answer his support?

https://twitter.com/MisterCh0c/status/897756404093726720
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
August 15, 2017, 12:56:35 PM
Why would someone use laggy Polo when there are many better excahges? Ever since I got into crypto I keep hearing people complaining about Polo issues. I do have an account on Polo but never use it due to constant problems people experience with them
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 14, 2017, 03:17:14 AM
since i have stopped using polo for bittrex the process seems a lot smoother and easier. i have much more confidence in bittrex than polo and won't use they again.

If bittrex had Margin trading I would already be there. I moved to Kraken only to find out they only margin from USD and that does me no fucking good.

GDAX does margin trading.
August 14, 2017, 02:12:04 AM
And the lizard people run polo... You forgot to mention it. This is some high level conspiracy shit.

Obviously you don't understand that he was being facetious.
You can't blame me for that, this is not even slightly funny. The accent makes it worse.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
August 13, 2017, 08:20:01 PM
And the lizard people run polo... You forgot to mention it. This is some high level conspiracy shit.
I don't get it, this video was sarcastic?
Yes, that was sarcastic
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
August 13, 2017, 07:06:14 PM

Obviously you don't understand that he was being facetious.
August 13, 2017, 01:23:32 PM
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Activity: 4
August 13, 2017, 03:23:50 AM
Poloniex stole all my ltc, dont ever try this Exchanger.
No contact, just can send tickets that they will never reply.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 12, 2017, 11:25:39 AM
~snip~
anybody else with my problem?

Polo is currently at a huge wave of problem and ticket submissions, been like that for few months. If you check their official thread, you'll see a lot of people complaining with similar issue as yours. Basically they withdrawing major coin like eth or btc, but same issue happen where their transaction stuck and needed to be processed manually. Right now, the only thing to do is waiting for the team to clear it.

thanks for the info!

i think that i must wait
Pages:
Jump to: