Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL] YAAMP.COM multipool multialgo profit switch with exchange - page 64. (Read 181070 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100
You doing great job yaamp!

Hobby is a good approach to the case.
Mining is also a hobby every one of us, is not ? Smiley
Don't stop doing it.

Best Regards.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Are things still acting up? I've had around 35mhz for the last few hours, and the graphs / payout appear to be a flat line. Quark is what I'm currently showing my systems are processing, and the last 50 are all immature.

I think things are working again as things starting picking up as the day went on, but ouch... I'm at ~25% of my 14 day average payout between the two payouts today.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
yes, homemade over weekends and late evening. but i guess most of other pools are like that too. that was so fun to program. i've got too much excited over it and forgot to stop at some point. rental was an error i now think.
Might be some issues with the rental code, as when rentals went live seems to be when the pool started breaking. Just take it easy and give things a good look over if you want to try and re-launch rentals; there's no rush, really. This has already been the most actively developed multipool I've ever seen and really dominates in that space, so just maintaining the pool and adding new coins already makes it a clear winner. Rentals would be cool, but that market already has stuff like Nicehash that do a decent job (missing a lot of algos though). Looking at the numbers, a lot of the power pointed at Nicehash ends up making its way back to YAAMP anyhow (33% of x15 hashrate is from Nicehash as of writing), so the relationship ends up mutually beneficial for both pools.

In short, the pool's been a great project so far, and I hope it has been rewarding to you running it (both financially and otherwise) as it's certainly been rewarding for myself and others as miners, so just keep up the great work and don't sweat the small stuff Grin
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Ill take alook sometime.
Activity: 50
Are things still acting up? I've had around 35mhz for the last few hours, and the graphs / payout appear to be a flat line. Quark is what I'm currently showing my systems are processing, and the last 50 are all immature.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
our little hobby project became hard to maintain

Do you mean the pool is your little hobby project?

Anything wrong with qubit pool?

yes, homemade over weekends and late evening. but i guess most of other pools are like that too. that was so fun to program. i've got too much excited over it and forgot to stop at some point. rental was an error i now think.

qubit and sha256 now restarted

Hey, hey, don't let your head hang down Wink Look up and see how we, your miners, are supporting you in whatever you guys do. You guys have made one of the most profitable multipools out there who aren't cheating and ripping off like madmen.

Rental might be an error, but let time show that. It can be beneficial for renting SHA mining power when the pool can't chase BTC and is left with unprofitable altcoins. It will pull the payouts closer to the real BTC price. I still like that idea, but it has to come to fruition first. Advertisements could help there, maybe even be one of the first rental sites for new algos out there, when they pop up?

Activity: 175

qubit and sha256 now restarted
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Activity: 21
algo qubit does not work
we're broken.

we'll shutdown for a little while

Do you mean the tech side of the pool not finance side?

Are you financially broken?

technically

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
we're broken.

Do you mean the tech side of the pool not finance side?

Are you financially broken?
we're broken.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope you get whatever's been clogging the pipes cleaned up and come back online soon; pool's been a great switch from TradeMyBit after that shut down (YAAMP has generally been more functional and proactive in pretty much every way).
we're broken.

thanks for reporting. i saw that too yesterday. we'll have to add some more bigger servers i guess. our backend loop that updates found blocks, prices and everything else has problems to keep up with the work.
Thanks for looking into it. Hope this gets fixed soon; right now algo switching is ending up less profitable than picking a single algo with higher average profitability and just running with it Sad

Odd that this only started happening very recently though, as a few days ago it seemed to be working just fine--my profits from the 19-22nd switching algos on the pool were great.
Works fine with my ccminer though :s
Activity: 434
There are many rejects recently, mostly invalid shares or job id. I have to restart the miner to get accepted shares. But it will become invalid again soon. That was not a problem before. The difficulty was auto. After I changed 0.05, there are still invalid shares.

Which miner are you using (software AND hardware) and which algo?

sgminer 4.2.2-310-g8985f-dirty, AMD 7970. X11.

There are very few rejects now. The 100% rejects on all my miners some times recently.
There are many rejects recently, mostly invalid shares or job id. I have to restart the miner to get accepted shares. But it will become invalid again soon. That was not a problem before. The difficulty was auto. After I changed 0.05, there are still invalid shares.

Which miner are you using (software AND hardware) and which algo?
Activity: 434
Hmm, a bit bigger issue here. Not sure if it used to do this or not, but it seems like the pool is getting, "stuck", on profitability estimates for extended periods of time, which causes it to report numbers that can be very inaccurate.

thanks for reporting. i saw that too yesterday. we'll have to add some more bigger servers i guess. our backend loop that updates found blocks, prices and everything else has problems to keep up with the work.
Hmm, a bit bigger issue here. Not sure if it used to do this or not, but it seems like the pool is getting, "stuck", on profitability estimates for extended periods of time, which causes it to report numbers that can be very inaccurate.

Here's a screenshot of the x15 pool reporting rather old and inaccurate numbers for KoboCoin (sorry it's so large Tongue). The pool at this point was reporting the difficulty of KoboCoin a whole 26 blocks--a good 8 minutes--behind the last block mined by the pool. In those 26 blocks, the mining difficulty had risen to nearly 3x what the pool was estimating--you can see how this would make the profitability estimate more than a little inaccurate.

Though I hadn't been paying it particularly close attention in the past, I get the impression that the pool didn't used to take this long to re-target; could some recent change perhaps be messing with the profit estimates?

It might also be worth noting that at one point during this stretch the difficulty in the top-left box corrected to report it at ~29 diff, but the profit estimate didn't change, and soon after (within a minute) it went back down to the incorrect 13.534 diff. Makes me think even more that something must be acting up. Variances between estimated and actual 24 hour profitabilities also seem unusually high for the algos with, "spiky", profitabilities (X15, X13, Quark, etc...).

EDIT: Just caught it being goofy with the estimates even after getting the proper difficulty.

Looks like the profitability estimates on the coins updated properly, but the change wasn't applied to the current estimate for the algorithm, which seems to be stuck at what it was for the lower difficulty of KoboCoin (as is the rental price). Everything unstuck itself after maybe a couple minutes, but I'd imagine that the current estimate isn't supposed to end up getting desynchronised with the coin stats for any length of time (I could be wrong, of course).
Pages:
Jump to: