Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 177. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 459
Merit: 102
Does mining using a mobile phone make any sense?
Is this app written for fun only?
After a whole day of minning I had only about 1 ETN.
It seems to me that it is rather a game of fun rather than earning ETN

It's a game, if you compares the Electroneum app with Minergate app you will find the difference.
Activity: 426
Merit: 11

It might not seem that much with current value but, for example, you would mine that much in my country and ETN would be 0.25 $ (a value that was reached this year) it would be enough to cover expenses for a mobile service that covers: unlimited min, and 5 GB net at 4g.
If payment would be integrated to let me pay in ETN, it would make sense to let the app to run in the background and pay with my provider with ETN. It's like the mobile services won't cost me anything.

even if mobile users will pay for a mobile service by ETN, what will it change? there is no difference who will dump ETN on exchanges - mobile users or providers (after receiving payment they will need to transfer ETN to fiat)
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
New Android mining is cool, but how get mined coins to the wallet? I've mined way over 5 coins..

Anybody got their phone-mined coins to the actual wallet? Mine is still pending. Would love to test how's transactions working.
Activity: 280
Merit: 110

It might not seem that much with current value but, for example, you would mine that much in my country and ETN would be 0.25 $ (a value that was reached this year) it would be enough to cover expenses for a mobile service that covers: unlimited min, and 5 GB net at 4g.
If payment would be integrated to let me pay in ETN, it would make sense to let the app to run in the background and pay with my provider with ETN. It's like the mobile services won't cost me anything.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Any thoughts about the decrease in CMC rank?
I understand that the price of ETN followed the downtrend of all the coins but it also lost some places in rank and I cant find any explanation.
It is against logit because ETN should have an increase in value with the GMSC attendance and the launch of mobile miner.
I don't think that ETN to a lower point than this for this long time.
I am a holder and I will keep on holding, even if it goes against my logic.

I'm in a similar position and until the mobile providers becomes a reality the price will continue to slide as there are better investments.  We may get luck and the mobile miner goes viral but we are lacking places to spend ETN so that will also take time.

Activity: 280
Merit: 110
Any thoughts about the decrease in CMC rank?
I understand that the price of ETN followed the downtrend of all the coins but it also lost some places in rank and I cant find any explanation.
It is against logit because ETN should have an increase in value with the GMSC attendance and the launch of mobile miner.
I don't think that ETN to a lower point than this for this long time.
I am a holder and I will keep on holding, even if it goes against my logic.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
https://www.baikalminer.com/product12.php

Baikal Giant N
Algorithm :
- Cryptonight : XMR , ETN ...  => speed 20kh/s
- Cryptonight-light : Aeon => speed 40kh/s

Mining ETN with profit ~ 25$/day  Cool

Fake, IMHO. Unless the algo is forked.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301

Baikal Giant N
Algorithm :

And it's $25 a day with current ETN price, which may go up soon... Damn, that is not fair! Shocked

Are those miners already out there working?
Activity: 443
Merit: 101

Baikal Giant N
Algorithm :

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Is Electroneum going to fork to new modified algorithm like Monero? Wondering if it would be worth getting new Baikal Giant N. Seems it would still be feasible as Electroneum is about 25% of CN hashrate, so if they sold 10,000 units difficulty could go up by 70%, but want to check anyway. Monero usually crap profit mining, but would still hurt mining if Baikal miner doesn't support it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Hi, can someone please explain to me how people are achieving 2,766.479 KH/s when I though mining this coin was suppose to be ASIC proof. If I do my math, a really good graphics card can achieve about 1 KH/s. So you want to tell me they are running 2766 Cards in a cluster?

Looks like it's all over for GPU mining Cryptonight now as ASIC miners are taking over, just like lots of other coins that are going the same way.
Just have a look at this, guess I'll have to look for a new coin to mine.. https://www.baikalminer.com/product12.php
Activity: 251
Merit: 103
Electroneum will never go to the moon.

The mobile miner (cell phone) is not a miner that now knows everyone who has dealt with it. A payment for smartphone miner is due to the on-time of the app .. you do not know exactly. With what money does Electroneum want to pay the handyminers? They mines are not. It will probably cover the cost of the advertising. And that's why Electroneum is not interested in getting a high price on the coins.

A small calculation example:
a cell phone creates 5 coins (estimated) the week when it goes through 7/24
are then 260 coins a year

Electroneum currently costs ($ 0.05) = $ 13 a cell phone a year

I'll take it
10 million cell phones in Africa
10 million mobile phones in Asia
10 million mobile phones in India
10 million cell phones in South America

For Electroneum, the costs amount to 13 dollars x 40 million
                        520 million dollars per year
at a rate of only 5 cents

Should the price of Electroneum rise to $ 1 then it will cost you
                        $ 10,400,000,000 (about $ 10 billion) per year

it could also be a milliarde cell phones !!!!

How should Electroneum  that be able to pay? You can not do it.   The course will stay in the lower cent range for all time

I would have wished the course goes to the moon because I've been mining for weeks but now I see that it makes no sense to run the miners with this coin
I think your logic is flawed there mate. As the price of the coins go up the pay out of ETN from the miner will decrease no? And its not about how much in dollar that the Electroneum company has to pay out its about the amount of ETN they have to pay out, which will be less and less as the price increases.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Electroneum will never go to the moon.

The mobile miner (cell phone) is not a miner that now knows everyone who has dealt with it. A payment for smartphone miner is due to the on-time of the app .. you do not know exactly. With what money does Electroneum want to pay the handyminers? They mines are not. It will probably cover the cost of the advertising. And that's why Electroneum is not interested in getting a high price on the coins.

A small calculation example:
a cell phone creates 5 coins (estimated) the week when it goes through 7/24
are then 260 coins a year

Electroneum currently costs ($ 0.05) = $ 13 a cell phone a year

I'll take it
10 million cell phones in Africa
10 million mobile phones in Asia
10 million mobile phones in India
10 million cell phones in South America

For Electroneum, the costs amount to 13 dollars x 40 million
                        520 million dollars per year
at a rate of only 5 cents

Should the price of Electroneum rise to $ 1 then it will cost you
                        $ 10,400,000,000 (about $ 10 billion) per year

it could also be a milliarde cell phones !!!!

How should Electroneum  that be able to pay? You can not do it.   The course will stay in the lower cent range for all time

I would have wished the course goes to the moon because I've been mining for weeks but now I see that it makes no sense to run the miners with this coin
Activity: 49

Lol, there is no crypto without mining you know?

Wrong. There is and will continue to be crypto without mining. POS, POC, Tokens, etc. No mining needed for many crypto already. However, mining will continue to have a place as well. GPU mining is the most flexible solution. When one PoW becomes unprofitable, another takes its place.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
any update on CLI wallet? it's not even syncing.
you guys are a mess.

Why do you prefer CLI wallet?

Because CLI wallet is the only real wallet you own a private keys to. I would not trust the mobile app to store my coins.

BTW mine is syncing without any problems.

I don't think that mining will prosper. It is becoming more and more expensive and difficult. Mining will parish in a few years I guess

Lol, there is no crypto without mining you know?
My son has my old Sony Xperia Z1 phone and using the mobile miner on it was only getting 1 H/s. So since he uses an iphone now we did a factory reset of the Z1 and now hes getting 14 H/s.

Maybe there many apps running in the background as I understand the miner will scale back if the phone is being used.
Activity: 251
Merit: 103
My son has my old Sony Xperia Z1 phone and using the mobile miner on it was only getting 1 H/s. So since he uses an iphone now we did a factory reset of the Z1 and now hes getting 14 H/s.
Activity: 70
any update on CLI wallet? it's not even syncing.
you guys are a mess.

Why do you prefer CLI wallet?
ETN now dump but still believe richard elis can make ETN to the moon
now wallet still problem?
my ETN still on exchane because wallet has many problem for send amount

There are no reported problems with the online wallet and CLI wallet.

Just hold your coins where you fell most comfortable and they all have associated risks as with any any coin!

Jump to: