Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 102. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 103
we get more info from nanopool than the devs,

from nanopool:

Unfortunately ETN patch did not resolve the block rejecting issue, so we are mining empty ETN blocks for now to decrease network difficulty. We are working together with ETN developers to resolve the issue completely. #ETN

That's what we call test in production... This explain why the blocks are empty. Sad
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

from nanopool:

Unfortunately ETN patch did not resolve the block rejecting issue, so we are mining empty ETN blocks for now to decrease network difficulty. We are working together with ETN developers to resolve the issue completely. #ETN

yes is what i just told, so nanopool is talking with the etn dev, i want to see OCminer on board...

That's what I meant.. why not discuss such stuff in public... GitHub issues.. bugtrackers etc.. zcash does that and it works really well for example
Activity: 571
Merit: 18

from nanopool:

yes is what i just told, so nanopool is talking with the etn dev, i want to see OCminer on board...

i send contraband an pm for you (ocminer)..

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/issues
https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/8n9aze/possible_minor_problem_with_the_fork/

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

from nanopool:

You can also look at their facebook. But contraband may be more helpful.
https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2006006709661297

A new block has been found. Block 307507!!!
legendary
So the old chain will continue, sorta like ETN Classic? lol only to be ruled by ASICS

Am I wrong here? so the new chain ETN will still be called ETN what will they call the old chain then  Huh and how are exchanges separating the 2 coins now ETNC and ETN maybe lol

probably, just like when monero forked and that resulted in monero original, 2 monero classics, and i forget the other ones name.

I'd be surprised if bitmain didn't try to keep the old chain going.

ETN team needs to get all gpu pools to update to new chain, like yesterday......
Yes, and someone mentioned Suprnova ETN was gone and it is. OCMINER must have taken down the old chain pool and hopefully working on a new chain pool ETN... I'm sure he will come in here and announce if so.

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

No support from the devs here, they only have "their" pool with bonuses etc. and it's hard to keep up with recent changes/development when no one notifies whats actually happening.

(and there's simply no incentive to mine on a different pool if you have bonuses on the other Smiley)

Well the reason why i like ur pool is simply: i can trust it and i have an account for years (manual payment is what i like).

There is many support from the devs! But, bitcointalk (and after the big bitcointalk hack), i dont know if this is still the place to be…

How can it be that the biggest ETN pools know about all? How can it be that i know about ''everything'' (i dont even run an pool)? Tongue

U can not only blame ETN, they spread the word many times for a long while, the update was ready on github and everything. nanopool is not from etn, its from nanopool Tongue Miningpoolhub was also ready for the fork, spacepools also.
 So yeah sad that u dont want to update, but thats not our (etn miners) problem i think (i dont mean this angry or something else).

At least put the old blockchain pool down, there is no reason to let people mine a death chain. etn.suprnova.cc and etn.supr.nova(?)

edit: oké good i can not reach etn.suprnova anymore so i guess u already put it offline, thanks!

And if u put an new pool back (after the first blocks, the rewards are only for a few new blocks), just say it here bro.

I've already stopped the pool after the update, no worries Smiley

Yeah then maybe ur api is a lil bit slow? i see 27 miners/workers online on etn.suprnova.cc

Well like i asked in my previous post; let me know if u put an etn on monerov7 pool online!

And about this fork, ETN told BEFORE Monero forked, that they will follow Monero Smiley The whole world knows about it, and about 30 of may, we all know it for 1-2 months, they gave the date to everybody and warned pools for weeks to update on time. There is no reason for point a finger mate, you know nothing about this fork and the big github from etn, maybe etn didnt know suprnova had an etn pool Smiley

That's only the cache, there is no miner mining atm.

I can add a pool for ETN, however, is there any documentation about what fixed have been added/done now ?

I dont know if u can be in contact with nanopool? I know they are working ''with'' the etn dev's to get things done. But i also know nanopool is not an pool from electroneum.

Or send an PM to contraband, he know the way where u must be (i guess u already looked at there github and reddit?)

Anyway, the way u talk now (more positive) is what i remember about you from like 5 years ago (?), tought u was gettin to arrogant men Tongue

However, i know nanopool is talking with the dev's because they are busy with an new pool fix. I guess u must jump on there boord ?

And where are they talking? Smiley
So the old chain will continue, sorta like ETN Classic? lol only to be ruled by ASICS

Am I wrong here? so the new chain ETN will still be called ETN what will they call the old chain then  Huh and how are exchanges separating the 2 coins now ETNC and ETN maybe lol

probably, just like when monero forked and that resulted in monero original, 2 monero classics, and i forget the other ones name.

ETN team needs to get all gpu pools to update to new chain, like yesterday......
Yes, and someone mentioned Suprnova ETN was gone and it is. OCMINER must have taken down the old chain pool and hopefully working on a new chain pool ETN... I'm sure he will come in here and announce if so.

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

No support from the devs here, they only have "their" pool with bonuses etc. and it's hard to keep up with recent changes/development when no one notifies whats actually happening.

(and there's simply no incentive to mine on a different pool if you have bonuses on the other Smiley)

Well the reason why i like ur pool is simply: i can trust it and i have an account for years (manual payment is what i like).

There is many support from the devs! But, bitcointalk (and after the big bitcointalk hack), i dont know if this is still the place to be…

How can it be that the biggest ETN pools know about all? How can it be that i know about ''everything'' (i dont even run an pool)? Tongue

U can not only blame ETN, they spread the word many times for a long while, the update was ready on github and everything. nanopool is not from etn, its from nanopool Tongue Miningpoolhub was also ready for the fork, spacepools also.
 So yeah sad that u dont want to update, but thats not our (etn miners) problem i think (i dont mean this angry or something else).

At least put the old blockchain pool down, there is no reason to let people mine a death chain. etn.suprnova.cc and etn.supr.nova(?)

edit: oké good i can not reach etn.suprnova anymore so i guess u already put it offline, thanks!

And if u put an new pool back (after the first blocks, the rewards are only for a few new blocks), just say it here bro.

Yeah then maybe ur api is a lil bit slow? i see 27 miners/workers online on etn.suprnova.cc

Well like i asked in my previous post; let me know if u put an etn on monerov7 pool online!

And about this fork, ETN told BEFORE Monero forked, that they will follow Monero Smiley The whole world knows about it, and about 30 of may, we all know it for 1-2 months, they gave the date to everybody and warned pools for weeks to update on time. There is no reason for point a finger mate, you know nothing about this fork and the big github from etn, maybe etn didnt know suprnova had an etn pool Smiley

I can add a pool for ETN, however, is there any documentation about what fixed have been added/done now ?

I dont know if u can be in contact with nanopool? I know they are working ''with'' the etn dev's to get things done. But i also know nanopool is not an pool from electroneum.

Or send an PM to contraband, he know the way where u must be (i guess u already looked at there github and reddit?)

Anyway, the way u talk now (more positive) is what i remember about you from like 5 years ago (?), tought u was gettin to arrogant men Tongue

However, i know nanopool is talking with the dev's because they are busy with an new pool fix. I guess u must jump on there boord ?

I know you know almost everything about running pool and many, many different algo's. So i guess you could help them??!! (or am i asking something stupid now?).

Until there is no confirmation and the blocks are valid we actually have nothing. I mean a block is not just a block, it must be valid
accepted blocks, that's the point we should focus!!!

But that's not the problem, to get it accepted u must find new blocks, right?

It just takes what longer now, but we are rolling so i think today (depends on ur timezone Tongue) the first blocks will be confirmed.

I don't think you know how a blockchain work Smiley

And where is the deal finding a block if its invalid and not accepted as valid. You can find 1.000.000 blocks, if they are not valid where is the deal?

But ok, if you know that everything is perfect, so it be. Just announce than officially that there are no more problems, bugs, whatever and that
in some hours everything will be back to normality .... Easy as that.

Yes i see nanopool working on it, and here my bad, my english is also not that good so i think i just misunderstood you correct. Cheesy
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

despite what some think, they did not do a good job communicating throughout the fork. sorry to see supernova drop ETN but I don't blame you.  nanopool says they are distributing the rewards amongst the miners but no details have been revealed as to how they will distribute.

@joennl not everyone stalks ETN Facebook or Twitter, further their miners telegram chat has zero helpful info regarding this fork. Good for you knowing all about the fork, looks like plenty others didn't. The team should use every available means of communication to get the word out.

@boxalex they announce nothing, use your crystal ball to determine what is going on, oh and don't talk about the "other chains"
legendary

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

Activity: 420
Merit: 13
Until there is no confirmation and the blocks are valid we actually have nothing. I mean a block is not just a block, it must be valid

It just takes what longer now, but we are rolling so i think today (depends on ur timezone Tongue) the first blocks will be confirmed.

And where is the deal finding a block if its invalid and not accepted as valid. You can find 1.000.000 blocks, if they are not valid where is the deal?

But ok, if you know that everything is perfect, so it be. Just announce than officially that there are no more problems, bugs, whatever and that
in some hours everything will be back to normality .... Easy as that.
Great! Good job to all miners and ETN team!

Blocks are going to be valid after more than 20 confirmations. At each new block, it is a new confirmation for other blocks.

We still need 14 new blocks to confirm the first block after the hardfork.

yeah indeed, more and more miners are comming so, great Cheesy

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

legendary

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

Edit2: ah u didnt put the old pool offline, there are 27 workers mining an death coin. If you want that they dont blame you for contacting, just put it offline Smiley
legendary

No new pool from me.

Why not? Cheesy

Great! Good job to all miners and ETN team!

Blocks are going to be valid after more than 20 confirmations. At each new block, it is a new confirmation for other blocks.

We still need 14 new blocks to confirm the first block after the hardfork.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
Activity: 212
Merit: 12
We have started rolling, I'm adding one more Vega rig to Nanopool. Bye bye ASICs Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: