Pages:
Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 84. (Read 415638 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
If you dont have a Linux wallet that could mine eXocoin when the coin is launched, that will be a fail. 50% of rigs are under Linux, and even more if you have only CPU mining.
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
1) - GPU miner implementation
2) - Fix missing functionality in linux core builds (e.g. querying updates/news from server)
3) - generate more linux builds (console, GUI, miner) and osx (GUI, miner)
4) - website design
5) - logo decision
6) - initial distribution script for investors / get investors EXO-addresses
7) - find and work with exchange providers
8 ) - online blockchain explorer
9) - full implementation of flow control (UDP)
10)- faster initial chain sync
11)- language support
12)- finalize API for exchanges, develope basic program as example for exchange providers
13)- update some code parts on wiki.exocoin.org and add more content to wiki.exocoin.org
14)- checkpoint usage
15)- lightweight client support
16)- outsourcing of block(parts) out of ram (to have an upper cap of memory usage)
17)- overall code review, especially checking against vulnerability that could be abused from hackers
18)- full proxy support
19)- other minor stuff (look at open tickets, e.g. finalize addressbook)

Why do you have to do everything yourself? Call volunteers for things like web design, distribution scripts, online block explorer. Put some some bounty stakes for various tasks. 

Yep, Use Exo-community to work on those things  Wink
Activity: 644
2) - Fix missing functionality in linux core builds (e.g. querying updates/news from server)
4) - website design
5) - logo decision
11)- language support
12)- finalize API for exchanges, develope basic program as example for exchange providers
13)- update some code parts on wiki.exocoin.org and add more content to wiki.exocoin.org
14)- checkpoint usage
16)- outsourcing of block(parts) out of ram (to have an upper cap of memory usage)
17)- overall code review, especially checking against vulnerability that could be abused from hackers
18)- full proxy support

Why do you have to do everything yourself? Call volunteers for things like web design, distribution scripts, online block explorer. Put some some bounty stakes for various tasks. 
Activity: 546

a lot of things need to do .

wait a great and stable client come out.

I am very happy that  we could have a  light wallet client , its easy to use and spread .
U
Activity: 503
Merit: 106
Glad to see more updates.
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
https://nxtforum.org/
guys, if exo can bring out something useful for the world then it wouldn't be meaningless.

unless your just hoping for a quick profit dump. then you should give your stake to another person that is going deserve it more.
Activity: 763
Points that must be available at launch day: 6,9,17,18, parts of 19

Guys, these 5 things are the minimum things which need to be done before launch, not everything.

Thanks for the update! Big progress has been made and we are getting close.
Activity: 585
good job dev,the 0.61 is running well
Activity: 678
agreed. not gonna happen this year.

If launched next year, It is meaningless.

Everything is changing very quickly.....
Activity: 724
agreed. not gonna happen this year.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
its high time devs hire more devs using the ipo money
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
4) - website design
5) - logo decision
11)- language support
14)- checkpoint usage

Well, if you gonna do all this unnecessary stuff before the release we defiitely won't see eXo launched this year.

no..definitely not this year
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
4) - website design
5) - logo decision
11)- language support
14)- checkpoint usage

Well, if you gonna do all this unnecessary stuff before the release we defiitely won't see eXo launched this year.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
Roadmap / timeline / status report below:

based on that we would have the very final beta test somewhere around 20th/25th August. We do not need the full gpu miner right at the launch but we want to have a basic implementation at least.

I know that some of you expected an earlier launch date. But if you read the points above we hope that you see that there is still much work left before launch. Additionally we are working hard on the product all the time. We reached a great progress with each version in the past and we want to continue that.

----
we will update the information above from time to time. I'll put it on the website tomorrow and give you a link.

If you have questions about it, or don't understand some points/ time estimations feel free to ask. Nothing is pressed into a rock - it is rather a vague estimation. Vague it is, mainly because we were not able to estimate things in the past although we thought we could do so.
We might forgot about something as well...

best regards
eXocoin

Sir, in my opinion you can hire some body to do the non-core task, it will speed up the whole process.
Activity: 294
Roadmap / timeline / status report below:

First of all we would like to sum up what needs to be done:

4) - website design
5) - logo decision
11)- language support
14)- checkpoint usage
18)- full proxy support

There are other things, mainly the BTC<->EXO marketplace integration, which are not listed here, because it is considered as future feature request.

Points that must be available at launch day: 6,9,17,18, parts of 19
Points that we would like to have available at launch day: 2,3,4,5,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,19
Points that should be available at least shortly after launch: 15,16
The GPU miner must be available at start of mining. We will not start the PoW part without a released GPU-miner. We would rather delay the start of the mining.

Current status of the points above:

1)   not started yet
2)   not started yet
3)   working on it
4)   -/-
5)   we need more voters. We will try to get more and will send out an email for this purpose
6)   almost done
7)   talking with some.
8 )   not started yet
9)   working on it
10)   not started yet
11)   working on it
12)   not started yet on the finalization. Basic work has been done
13)   not started yet
14)   checkpoints already are being created successfully as of 0.61, however, they are not be used anywhere yet
15)   not started yet. Mainly needs point 14) done first
16)   not started yet
17)   not started yet (well, this is somewhat the last step)
18)   basic implementation done, but needs further work
19)   -/-

summarized major points:

- non-coding, e.g. marketing, website, logo, wiki
- GPU miner
- linux+osx builds
- external services (exchange provider, online block explorer)
- proxy support
- other opened tickets
- overall code review

Our timeline/roadmap estimation therefore is:

--- today ---
-> 1st step: working on opened tickets + starting with gpu miner implementation
-> 2nd step: linux+osx builds
-> 3rd step: proxy support
-> 4th step: external services
-> 5th step: code review
-> 6th step (can be earlier though): talk to exchange providers once the API is working ----> website design and logo decision ----> advertisement,marketing&launch(first days: investors will get their EXO, after some days/weeks the mail subscriber get their EXO, after few weeks the mining will start)
-> 7th step: full gpu miner implementation
-> 8th step: developement of extended features (mainly marketplace)

timeline eta:
not really calulatable at this point of time. Past showed that our ETAs weren't accurate at all.
we'd say:
- open tickets (all except the points stated below): ~10-14 days    (ok, some few might not be needed to be done urgently)
- basic gpu miner implementation: ~4-6 days
- linux+osx builds: ~4-6 days
- proxy support: ~2-3 days
- external service support (exchange api + online block explorer): ~5-8 days
- full gpu miner implementation: ~7-14 days
- code review: ~3 days
- extended features: no eta.
- i'm on a business trip in august for maybe about 2 weeks (starting at 6th). Nevertheless I'll continue to work on eXocoin!

based on that we would have the very final beta test somewhere around 20th/25th August. We do not need the full gpu miner right at the launch but we want to have a basic implementation at least.

I know that some of you expected an earlier launch date. But if you read the points above we hope that you see that there is still much work left before launch. Additionally we are working hard on the product all the time. We reached a great progress with each version in the past and we want to continue that.

----
we will update the information above from time to time. I'll put it on the website tomorrow and give you a link.

If you have questions about it, or don't understand some points/ time estimations feel free to ask. Nothing is pressed into a rock - it is rather a vague estimation. Vague it is, mainly because we were not able to estimate things in the past although we thought we could do so.
We might forgot about something as well...

best regards
eXocoin
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
I have not got the giveaway from registering at exocoin.org. I had got a mail saying it has been accepted, but nothing after that.
Is that distribution over? If not, how do I get it?

we are still in beta test atm i dont think the real coins have been distributed yet

Thanks. So I will wait to get the free coins at launch then.

I saw some exocoin at some exchange so I thought it had already launches. But that might have been a different coin.
Activity: 460
Can anyone check out what happen with it?
When my client is out of sync,I send 10000 coins to a address: EXOW7CDDzS1rtQe7u5xSqC4YmqeMxtMrZbQ6dbeg ,but it didn't show in my transactions,then I retry three times,finally with the client synced,it came up.but the address received 4*10000.
My address is EXOP9m3WCOBFzZwAhkGGWwRRDK6uMDMsmuandbaf
You can check the details in the blockchain.

I test this after block 500

Coins are sent anyway even not in sync, but you can't see them in history until synced i think.
Activity: 462
Activity: 714
so many guys from nxt community Wink
We all know a good project when we see one
Pages:
Jump to: