Pages:
Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 85. (Read 415638 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Good update from the dev thanks. Things are starting to come together nicley now.  Grin
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Can anyone check out what happen with it?
When my client is out of sync,I send 10000 coins to a address: EXOW7CDDzS1rtQe7u5xSqC4YmqeMxtMrZbQ6dbeg ,but it didn't show in my transactions,then I retry three times,finally with the client synced,it came up.but the address received 4*10000.
My address is EXOP9m3WCOBFzZwAhkGGWwRRDK6uMDMsmuandbaf
You can check the details in the blockchain.

I test this after block 500
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
ex: if you find the block in 1 minute the remaining 9 minutes cpu/gpu is idle!!!!
i see a revolution here!!!!

Is this only for the 6 moths mining period?

Yes, from op:

Mining
- 6 month mining frame
- No ASICs will be involved ever in eXocoin (mining frame is too short to produce an ASIC in time)
- fair launch - starting with empty blocks
- GPU friendly
- saves procentually more electricity the more hashpower you have (more information about this soon)
- no premining
Activity: 763
ex: if you find the block in 1 minute the remaining 9 minutes cpu/gpu is idle!!!!

Is this only for the 6 moths mining period?
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
Sorry for the very nebbish question, but what is special about the mining process of EXO?

I recall reading someone say it's different from usual.

Thanks in advance

no pools needed, every1 mine a single block, block value is shared between miners, less time you find the block---) higher the share.

Activity: 294
Sorry for the very nebbish question, but what is special about the mining process of EXO?

I recall reading someone say it's different from usual.

Thanks in advance
yes we made it to #500. But one server did not reached that. So I'd say we made an A- as grade Wink

That server strangely assumed a chain async on the network (but there was none (!)). Thereafter he did some strange action. We investigated the log files and block outputs and are optimistic to find the issue that caused it on this server in-time.
So it's not perfect but it's way better than with the previous versions. So we are heading the right direction

We will put the roadmap online in a few hours but I have to go offline first

#edit: We created 10 tickets as a result of this beta test.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
current block 516 right?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
so many guys from nxt community Wink
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Activity: 697
hey guys can somebody explain what the passfile is for? is it more secure than the passphrase?
As stated it can be easier to memorize.
Also it increases security *if* a bad guy only get your wallet.exo but not your corresponding passfile then he should not be able to get access to your account in lifetime no matter how long he tries.
The same should be reached if your passphrase is longer than 30 digits (I think it's somewhere about the military standard).

for windows, I wish dev could provide a pick file dialog , as well as auto backup the wallet.

-when i input the file path, and click ok, the dialog pop up with "our re-type passphrase dose not match the passphrase  line" .

a filepicker would be a nice idea. Adding to issue tracking system.
The bug you mention: Going to check that. Thanks for mentioning.

Yes, auto backup is just a necessary function.
Client and the network are working just fine, without any problems.

Thank you for the good work Dev!

Well there acutally is a backup functionality since 0.5X Wink Check out Settings tab -> "automatic backup of wallet.exo to path". You'll have to check the box before that and enter a relative/absolute or even network path. On each shutdown of the client he should overwrite that path with the current wallet.exo. You won't be warned if the backup fails... but I added that to a ticket so that the user will be warned in future versions if the backup fails (e.g. network unreachable of network path, invalid path).

Alright with block 458 we have lost one official node. I have saved the logs and other dump files. We will need to investigate the issue on that node. We brought it up online again. I'm afraid we will need some hours to investigate this before releasing the roadmap in case we must adjust it now.

best regards

Thx for the great effort to make the EXO perfect coin!
hey guys can somebody explain what the passfile is for? is it more secure than the passphrase?
As stated it can be easier to memorize.
Also it increases security *if* a bad guy only get your wallet.exo but not your corresponding passfile then he should not be able to get access to your account in lifetime no matter how long he tries.
The same should be reached if your passphrase is longer than 30 digits (I think it's somewhere about the military standard).

for windows, I wish dev could provide a pick file dialog , as well as auto backup the wallet.

-when i input the file path, and click ok, the dialog pop up with "our re-type passphrase dose not match the passphrase  line" .

a filepicker would be a nice idea. Adding to issue tracking system.
The bug you mention: Going to check that. Thanks for mentioning.

Well there acutally is a backup functionality since 0.5X Wink Check out Settings tab -> "automatic backup of wallet.exo to path". You'll have to check the box before that and enter a relative/absolute or even network path. On each shutdown of the client he should overwrite that path with the current wallet.exo. You won't be warned if the backup fails... but I added that to a ticket so that the user will be warned in future versions if the backup fails (e.g. network unreachable of network path, invalid path).

Alright with block 458 we have lost one official node. I have saved the logs and other dump files. We will need to investigate the issue on that node. We brought it up online again. I'm afraid we will need some hours to investigate this before releasing the roadmap in case we must adjust it now.

best regards
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

Activity: 546

You can use for ex your favourite photo, is much easier
to remember imo

yep, so you have to input the file absolute path.

Activity: 460

You can use for ex your favourite photo, is much easier
to remember imo
Activity: 620
hey guys ive been mining and it says ive mined blocks
 Mining block 436 payment  all the way up to Mining block 442 payment   at 20-25 exo each but it states block minable value 100   can anyone explain?

- mining output is not fair yet. It will simply split the value to the miner count and does not take in the needed mining time

I'm guessing it's still not exact, it is still being worked on

ahh ok thankyou. thought i was going crazy for a min lol
Activity: 462
 Mining block 436 payment  all the way up to Mining block 442 payment   at 20-25 exo each but it states block minable value 100   can anyone explain?

- mining output is not fair yet. It will simply split the value to the miner count and does not take in the needed mining time

I'm guessing it's still not exact, it is still being worked on
 Mining block 436 payment  all the way up to Mining block 442 payment   at 20-25 exo each but it states block minable value 100   can anyone explain?
Activity: 364
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
yipee block 500 is just around the corner and everything seems fine and stable except for 1 crash(windows 2008 r2) but i got it up and running again, also mining part looks awesome. Smiley
I have not got the giveaway from registering at exocoin.org. I had got a mail saying it has been accepted, but nothing after that.
Is that distribution over? If not, how do I get it?

we are still in beta test atm i dont think the real coins have been distributed yet
Pages:
Jump to: