Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 60. (Read 42181 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
This project is really interesting. I am following it from the very beginning.
I would like to participate on testnet. I am on crypto world since 2012 and can put resources (low resources) to work on that.
Thank you
Activity: 17
- I meant tech not GTECH!!
Activity: 17

In concept, the idea of a private DAG crypto is excellent and much needed. I've been in the Crypto space since 2011 and see DAGs as fulfilling a real purpose for fast feeless txs.

I'm interested in which language(s) Felix is writing the code in, and would add 2 comments:

1 Writing the core node software would be much more solid and allow for formal verification if written in a functional language.

2 Ring-Signatures are generally more efficient and secure than zk_Snarks for privacy coins - why is that GTECH not being considered?

Activity: 54
I am also interested in helping test the new network, have been lurking for the past couple of weeks myself. Also I think the POS distro, or the captcha distro is fine whatever you decide please attempt to make it fair. Lastly take it easy dude, you are undertaking a huge project and it is paramount you take your time. Have a wonderful day or night wherever you are!  Smiley

Thank you for your support! its messages like these which keep me devoted to this project.

Small modifications:
        -  Donators list now updated
        -  Testnet updated.

A bounty is now available for a skilled user to set up a forum for members, supporters & donators to communicate without limitations, also to be the main location of announcements & updates, to claim this bounty you will need to PM me with your previous work and examples, and be accepted by myself.

Bounty 0.02btc from the fund.

A narrow question to my followers, what feature would you like to see the most implemented alongside a DAG chain with a privacy base? I'm attempting to grasp an understanding in to what you, as cypherpunk's & supporters value the uttermost.

felixando

A beautiful and easy to use wallet on all major platforms and super good support for exchanges to easily integrate into the network.

Hi felixando,

I agree with some of your earlier statements that this coin should be available to everyone.  Is there a way we can make the coin slightly inflationary?  I'm thinking it would be cool if we had an an inverse relationship between the amount you hold and the amount of "new inflationary coins added" every month/cycle/year (whatever) to holders.  This would give people with less Stone slightly more spending power and would discourage whales from holding mountains of Stone for no reason.  I suppose people could just make extra wallets but I would think going through 10,000 wallets to get an extra 1% of Stone wouldn't really be worthwhile.

It could be a terrible idea and if it is - please call me out - I'm just trying to think of ways to encourage adoption and spending - If holding small amounts of Stone gives noticeable rewards that would encourage the *entire* crypto community to invest and use Stone.  Anyway I'm just a 31 year old bricklayer so I may not be most qualified to give my opinion here.

I really like web-wallets (like raiwallet.com).  I gotta say that it is important to me that the technology at least *allows* for a web-wallet.  Will the tech (since it is largely based off of XRB) allow for a web-wallet after release?

Also it would be great if we could start a stone forum or even a private subreddit - can't we just start there with a subreddit?

I had another idea - If you don't give it any inflationary mechanisms I think it would be cool if you made the coin without decimal places.  Wallets could come up with arbitrary standards that can change with the price - It could start with 1,000,000 stone = "1 unit"(whatever we decide to call it) but if in 5 years the coin is worth 1,000X more we could make 1,000 stone worth "1 unit".  Investors all get really happy when their 5 cent coins start selling for 10,000 dollars+ a piece but it really hurts adoption, makes trading really complicated (lets see I am buying this at .00000013568 BTC, seriously?) and likewise with trading shopping with high-value coins has the same problem.  Making it slightly inflationary or having the coins be super low value where a unit like a MIota is the standard and is represented on exchanges would help - perhaps even both?
Activity: 8
Have seen this thread since its first day and I thought this was just merely a scam, but looking at the attention and support given by the community by now maybe this is a real thing. Good luck with the project and I hope STONE will not keep us waiting long for its appearance!  Cheesy

A lot of people with XRB are saying this is a scam because this coin is a threat to them. Not going to pay for my coffee with RaiBlocks if the barista can see the total $$$ in my account. Stone solves this if felixando follows through Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
Have seen this thread since its first day and I thought this was just merely a scam, but looking at the attention and support given by the community by now maybe this is a real thing. Good luck with the project and I hope STONE will not keep us waiting long for its appearance!  Cheesy
Activity: 74
I been following this project since couple of weeks, wish all the success to mastermind and all the community members. Will donate to the project.
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
Really interesting idea, though I have to question the claim of being the first privacy focused DAG...aren't Blackbytes of Byteball the first privacy focused DAG? Still, I can see benefits of doing it this way instead even if it's not the first.

Will be keeping a close eye on this.

byteball are a different type of DAG, not block lattice, and byteballs does not actually transact anon transactions, its the off chain non tradable soloution:blackbytes.

In addition to this byteball is not free to send, Stone is, the raiblocks codebase is a whole lot better starting point.
They might be different but it's still a DAG.  Blackbytes are also not off-chain like you're saying, they run over the DAG just like regular Byteballs though there's a penalty in fees for the overhead of making them private. Like I said, I agree that there are likely benefits to using Raiblocks as the base (like the fees) but technically Blackbytes are the first DAG with privacy focus. 
Activity: 292
Merit: 100
I hope Stone is different from XRB, not a fork simply.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Provide high-quality Chinese translation
will be watching closely to this, the private coins out in the market are not a lot yet and any new techs could be promising
Activity: 12
Really interesting idea, though I have to question the claim of being the first privacy focused DAG...aren't Blackbytes of Byteball the first privacy focused DAG? Still, I can see benefits of doing it this way instead even if it's not the first.

byteball are a different type of DAG, not block lattice, and byteballs does not actually transact anon transactions, its the off chain non tradable soloution:blackbytes.

In addition to this byteball is not free to send, Stone is, the raiblocks codebase is a whole lot better starting point.
Activity: 608
Merit: 500

Activity: 13
Let me know if you need any help on design. I can critique the current start screen and change things up or colors. Just let me know.
copper member
Activity: 137
Merit: 31
Hey checkout my wallet image for the start screen.
Let me know what you all think.

Impressive work!

felixando
Activity: 13
Hey checkout my wallet image for the start screen.
Let me know what you all think.

https://imgur.com/a/z9Dkq
Activity: 15
guys this is an obvious scam - please stop donating
Activity: 8
Glad to see the thread is unlocked! I already PM’d you with my full support but wanted to give it here as well.

As for features, privacy is obviously the #1 issue missing from the other DAG coin that I see. Other coins have things like Smart Contracts, but I’m not sure thats a feature that is very essential. Another potential issue is improving the incentive to run nodes without trx fees, not sure how that could be addressed.
Activity: 12
Flixando is a copper member? What does the copper mean? lol Never seen that title

From what i have read its a “bitcoin veterans” title, for those that have donated <50btc or more to the bitcoin founders, if you look back to his original posts, you can see he was an early adopter of bitcoin, perhaps donated when btc was quite cheap.
Activity: 867
Merit: 1000
Flixando is a copper member? What does the copper mean? lol Never seen that title
Activity: 5
I am also interested in helping test the new network, have been lurking for the past couple of weeks myself. Also I think the POS distro, or the captcha distro is fine whatever you decide please attempt to make it fair. Lastly take it easy dude, you are undertaking a huge project and it is paramount you take your time. Have a wonderful day or night wherever you are!  Smiley

Thank you for your support! its messages like these which keep me devoted to this project.

Small modifications:
        -  Donators list now updated
        -  Testnet updated.

A bounty is now available for a skilled user to set up a forum for members, supporters & donators to communicate without limitations, also to be the main location of announcements & updates, to claim this bounty you will need to PM me with your previous work and examples, and be accepted by myself.

Bounty 0.02btc from the fund.

A narrow question to my followers, what feature would you like to see the most implemented alongside a DAG chain with a privacy base? I'm attempting to grasp an understanding in to what you, as cypherpunk's & supporters value the uttermost.

felixando

A beautiful and easy to use wallet on all major platforms and super good support for exchanges to easily integrate into the network.
Pages:
Jump to: