Pages:
Author

Topic: Pre-ICO bonuses - page 10. (Read 4564 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
September 05, 2017, 10:27:21 AM
I do believe Pre ICO bonuses and bonuses for first day, first hours investment are very motivating.

For our project we have some ideas and I'll be interested in your opinions on that, whether you'll invest in it, if become an investor:

7-12% of profit already in 1 month
Contribution on PRE ICO step (Sept, 27 – Oct, 4) provides the opportunity to earn 3% of all attracted funds during the ICO. That's the unique offer to get 7-12% of income already in 1 month.

According to ICO results 100 000 tokens will be distributed as a gift for investors.

Early birds bounus for investors during the 1st day of PRE ICO up to 24%

Bonus in the amount of 10% for contributions more than 7 ETH
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
September 05, 2017, 10:19:11 AM
Bonuses are good incentives for early buyers and even if there is no bonus, if a whale buyer will dump, it will crash as well. Maybe there should be a limit and if they are giving too much bonus,it will look like a scam for it is too good.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 116
September 05, 2017, 07:15:05 AM
Bonuses for early investors aren't necessarily a bad thing if the percentage is reasonable.  I usually avoid any project that offer 50% bonus or more during the ICO or Pre-ICO.  I feel 20% to 30% is the perfect amount for early investors which is the standard for many projects.

I completely agree with the above statement. Giving too much away sends warning signals to the investor and also shows that the company have not thought through their token distribution and are just trying to get capital.

On the other hand I think they are a great tool if used correctly.

1. They reward investors who have invested before they become big, this is a very common procedure in all parts of business.
2. I am assuming that the company raises this money so they can push their marketing and connect with people before their ICO, therefore should make it more successful.

So for both parties it is a good deal if implemented correctly. I would stay away from anything over 30%-40% as a deal too good usually is too good.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 06:22:09 AM
Hi

In most of ICOs, investors can get some bonuses, if they invest sooner. In my opinion these bonuses not only don't cause the ICO to be successful, but also cause the ICO to fail. In some ICOs there is up to 100% bonus.

If I see that there are some people have gotten 100% bonus in pre-ICO, I don't invest in that ICO, Because they will dump their coins after crowdsale and cause the price to fall.
 Do you agree with me? What are your opinions?
How did you make such conclusion? Experience or simple assumption? Don't think anything wrong. I am really interested Smiley
Activity: 903
Merit: 1000
LakeBTC.com
August 29, 2017, 10:26:38 PM
Well there are different kinds of investors.

LakeBanker is currently in Phase 1 of our Token Sale where we're offering just 2% of our tokens at a really big discount. We're seeing two kinds of investors:

(1) Speculative guys that expect Phase 2 (which starts at a high price) to close early---they will get a 1300% flip if they're right.

(2) Investors that see the long term potential of our business model and the way in which our token is well-integrated into that model. They're planning to hold their tokens.

Check out our ANN Thread for more information about our project.

Activity: 663
Merit: 250
August 29, 2017, 10:15:55 PM
Hi

In most of ICOs, investors can get some bonuses, if they invest sooner. In my opinion these bonuses not only don't cause the ICO to be successful, but also cause the ICO to fail. In some ICOs there is up to 100% bonus.

If I see that there are some people have gotten 100% bonus in pre-ICO, I don't invest in that ICO, Because they will dump their coins after crowdsale and cause the price to fall.

I just want to remind you that coins or tokens sold during the ICO are not just for the sake of pumping or dumping. Tokens or coins sold during the ICOs are used according to how their respective projects design them. You buy OPT or Opus tokens, for example, not for the sole sake of trading or exchanging. These are tokens that can be used to participate in the music community they are creating. You buy TFL, or Trueflip tokens, you are not only buying some other token for the sake of trading but to be used in their gambling site.
Activity: 14
August 29, 2017, 09:32:11 PM
Right, some bonuses are good and so as some comes with red flags
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
August 29, 2017, 05:21:06 AM
Hi

In most of ICOs, investors can get some bonuses, if they invest sooner. In my opinion these bonuses not only don't cause the ICO to be successful, but also cause the ICO to fail.
The bonus system is a good marketing strategy but bad for business in the long run!

In some ICOs there is up to 100% bonus.
a 100% bonus incentive needs to be questionable because how do they maintain the value of their coin when there is excess supply Huh

I do agree with you and I have no problem with bonuses but 100% is outrageous and will gift investors who will have nothing to lose when they get back their initial invested money and will care less when they dump their tokens as its all profit for them.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
August 29, 2017, 04:44:11 AM
Hi

Good point. There are people invest in icos specifically to get those bonuses. It would be nice to watch the ico grow and be stable but i agree. Most of these investors get these bonuses for extra money when they sell the tokens they get right after or a few days after the ico's launch.
Activity: 25
August 29, 2017, 04:34:37 AM
I remember the Ark ICO a year ago and 70 percent bonus on LISK deposits the first week  Cool Those who invested that first week should be hell of a rich right now  Cool According to icostats.com and their "roi since ico" tab the current profit is 24932% or 249 times and with that 70 percent ico bonus that would be 423 times more!!! Uncredible!     https://icostats.com/roi-since-ico

Seems like we take so many risks at the time we make an idea of investment and waiting for really long time, with believe that our money will increase double, triple or hundreds time Cheesy
The more important now is how can we make a proper decision when having too much ICO's new/sale/funding now??
Btw, congratulation you because of profits you got from your investment, such a lucky guy Cheesy
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 29, 2017, 04:32:18 AM
I thought icos with pre-ico bonuses more than 20% turn out to be a scam project. However, above example explains how ARK investors live their lifes now Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
August 29, 2017, 03:58:10 AM
I remember the Ark ICO a year ago and 70 percent bonus on LISK deposits the first week  Cool Those who invested that first week should be hell of a rich right now  Cool According to icostats.com and their "roi since ico" tab the current profit is 24932% or 249 times and with that 70 percent ico bonus that would be 423 times more!!! Uncredible!     https://icostats.com/roi-since-ico
legendary
Activity: 1162
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
August 29, 2017, 03:32:37 AM
Some kind of early bonus is completely acceptable in my opinion. It's a reflection of non crypto-business where early investors are always going to have a higher incentive and lower buy-in cost. Think about it, the people buying at the end of the ICO already know they're buying into hot ICO that's raised X and have that security, it's a given that people investing without that security should have some kind of reward.

That said, for me 45% is the total max before I get suspicious. 
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
August 29, 2017, 03:29:37 AM
Absolutely agree. I think yes, early adopters should be rewarded, but there must be a different way. Maybe they can think of better incentives other than ICO bonus which is crap. 5% or 10% is fair enough but to have more than 20% is just a really bad deal.

Zero fees. Pool of 1% that all 1st day investors share. Priority transactions. Whatever. Just stop ICO bonuses.
Activity: 903
LakeBTC.com
August 29, 2017, 03:21:51 AM
LakeBanker's ICO offers just 2% of our tokens in our pre-sale. The price is very low, with a potential for 1300% profit if the main sale goes well.

But since it's such a small percentage of the coins, there shouldn't be much impact on the price once our token is tradable.

You can check out LakeBanker's white paper here.

Our ANN thread is here

Activity: 1002
Merit: 112
August 29, 2017, 02:13:49 AM
It is actually part of their marketing strategy. I've seen an ICO with 100% bonus and their project was actually successful. I think they give 100% to attract more investors which is quite good and it's working coz most ICO who goves 100% bonus was all successful.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
August 29, 2017, 01:55:56 AM

I agree with you. Pre-ICO is a moment that gives a bonus so large due to a relatively short time. High risk to be taken for investors. Accuracy in making decisions becomes one of the factors for success in investing
Activity: 257
Merit: 252
August 29, 2017, 12:43:42 AM
Well, in some cases almost everybody bought during the highest part of the bonus, thus pretty much making it equal in terms of % of coins you will get, to what you would have gotten if there was no bonus.
Activity: 18
August 29, 2017, 12:36:13 AM
I think pre-ico bonuses is a great marketing strategy to attract investors to buy in asap and reward them for being early birds backing the project. Of course, the bonus amount should not be massive but attractive enough to make potential investors make the leap. From what I have seen, many projects are giving 20 - 30% bonuses and the rate drops from there as it closes in on ICO.

While 100% bonuses might indicate a risky project, I think it really boils down to the concept of the project, the team and how promising it is.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
August 29, 2017, 12:08:57 AM
Giving a bonus when pre ico is a good strategy, where the strategy is enough to make the project a success. Do not be surprised if a lot of projects that compete give very big bonus when doing pre-ico or ico take place.
Yes, most ICO project today has its Pre-Ico bonuses were it is a good idea. A good strategy indeed to invite more investors that will support also their project.
Pages:
Jump to: