Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 118. (Read 249434 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
You can view the crowdfund at http://qora.tech:9090/qrowdfund ignore InitTest QoraPR is the only crowdfund as of this moment.

But if you want to donate you need to have the wallet running which provides access to the decentralised qora web 127.0.0.1/qrowdfund/at?at=AGe5sF9wSskpjx7YJo8rGG4Kb4JcebGqGU

Somewhere I read that each crowdfund would run 6 - 8 weeks but this crowdfund page defaults to 2 weeks (or is that just me?) which would mean that this crowdfund is more than half over and has generated less than 4% of the end goal. Even if it is given 8 weeks it won't hit the target. Does this mean it will be abandon in favour of other crowdfunds? Do I get my Qora back if it does get fully funded?

First CF has been launched, mostly as a test to see how that type of funding will go.

New algo for switch of QORA 1.0 is in development.

I've been a little busy lately, but I'm getting setup in my new position, and once I do I will have more time to be active here again.

Shouldn't take longer than another week or so. But development is being done in the mean.

Where can we find the full details regarding this Qrowdfund? I see the description in the wallet, but is there a page showing the full list of objectives and milestones?
good question mate i hope dev will answer this one by one or point us to the proper place to learn about those question moving good again for qora. good luck

It would be good to see some details on the crowdfund page. I've quoted Crowetec's most relevant post (imo) with some snips:

[ANNouncement] - QORA PR and Marketing CrowdFund started!

Hello everyone! We have launched the first CrowdFund for QORA, for Marketing and PR!

This is the first CF of multiple that we will be launching for QORA. We will launch them in groups of 1-2 at a time, I think I will also launch one for Development at the same time as this one. To see which direction people would like to see more focus on at the beginning of this big transition.

Also... We are going to be redesigning the way QORA hosting works in 2.0 version, making it encrypted so that illegal content is solely on the hands of the person who uploaded it and broke the terms of service.

So, this lead us to thinking about what could be done to make more use cases for QORA 1.0, and we are thinking we will likely turn it into a decentralized news hosting location. Make it limited on the number of accounts who can actually upload content (until we get to QORA 2.0) and give big news agencies upload accounts, allowing them to decentralize their news content. This is one idea.

Also, we have many ideas for the improvement of the QrowdFund platform, I'll give details on this a bit later! I believe it will be a completely new way of looking at CrowdFunds and management of them, and keep from having the issues of people starting them and not completing the jobs they started them for (thus scamming the people who donated to it.) I think it is a great plan, and it should work out great!

QORA 1.0 will be an exclusive gateway to 2.0, with the holders of 1.0 being able to donate coins and obtain one of the first 'mining accounts' on QORA 2.0. QORA 1 will also function as a gateway to poloniex through the power of ACCT, and will be focused on the QrowdFund platform and making QORA 1 into a service for decentralizing news content. With 2.0 being the one that anyone can use for decentralized hosting, as the data will be entirely encrypted, and able to be put responsibility solely on the person who uploaded the content. In the current system that isn't the case, so the worry of illegal content being on other user's computers if someone breaks the terms and uploads illegal content, is an issue.

Anyway, feel free to continue giving your opinions on what we should be doing with everything.

As far as the person who suggested that the switch to a mined algo is good, but to make sure that we don't over saturate the market with new coins.... I completely agree. We will make sure that we don't introduce new coins in super quick fashion, and make sure that the introduction of them is done in a way that the current price will not be negatively affected, while at the same time giving the network the boost in power that it needs.

We will also make sure to provide as many use cases for QORA 1 as possible, while at the same time providing others in QORA 2.

We're still open to suggestions and ideas, so keep them coming!

Please donate to the QrowdFund posted above.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

First CF has been launched, mostly as a test to see how that type of funding will go.

I've been a little busy lately, but I'm getting setup in my new position, and once I do I will have more time to be active here again.

Shouldn't take longer than another week or so. But development is being done in the mean.

Where can we find the full details regarding this Qrowdfund? I see the description in the wallet, but is there a page showing the full list of objectives and milestones?
good question mate i hope dev will answer this one by one or point us to the proper place to learn about those question moving good again for qora. good luck
Activity: 380
Merit: 275

Activity: 471
Merit: 250
burst already showing strong movement from the exchange hoping qora will follow it any updates dev? good luck just holding some more qora from polo still believing that success is just near by our side now.

Thanks for the update. looking forward to more news about qora 2.0. The qrowdfund details has yet to be confirmed am i right?

The crowdfund is up on the QORA network and at 6.6 million QORA right now.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
burst already showing strong movement from the exchange hoping qora will follow it any updates dev? good luck just holding some more qora from polo still believing that success is just near by our side now.

Thanks for the update. looking forward to more news about qora 2.0. The qrowdfund details has yet to be confirmed am i right?
we still waiting for the details coming from the dev but hopefully he can get what is needed to continue developing qora project. good luck dev
Activity: 266

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

I'd like to install from source (git clone) to see if that helps but I don't know details of how to do so.
I've cloned the repository and I don't see anything other than  .../src/Start.java
Not sure how to proceed from there.

After some failed attempts and reading, I believe that I will need to install an IDE to move forward. Big hoping I can remember how to use Eclipse.
Activity: 644
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Thanks! After I added you peer and restarted the wallet, the synchronization has begun. However, it stopped after 3073 blocks again.
Is it possible that the shipped peers in peers.json are outdated? Could you provide some more peers?

meybe its died in the night ?

QORA network is sync'd on every one of my wallets, and on the hosted wallet... I'm not sure why you're having issues, you could try adding the node... 216.126.198.26
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

QORA network is sync'd on every one of my wallets, and on the hosted wallet... I'm not sure why you're having issues, you could try adding the node... 216.126.198.26
seeing some good movement will keep holding my coin from polo hope to see more and more dev, good luck.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

Activity: 882
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Today, I started my Qora wallet the first time after weeks. I do not get any connections. I used 0.25.1 version and waited more than 30 minutes. No conncetions at all. Then I installed 0.26 version. The same happened. Is the network down? Can someone provide me some peers?
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
ICO ICO lets all have another ICO.......Oh just a thought why not have something different an ICO

Cheers Jon  Grin
Activity: 913
Merit: 664

The problem with that is, that you already need a big userbase as the QORA wallet has to be installed and running to access the decentralized web, doesn't it?

Only if you want to add something to the qora network. You can browse it through any node that allows remote access to the qora web, see http://qora.tech:9090/index/webdirectory.html
Activity: 471

Another idea that we're tossing around...

QORA 1.0 will become a service for decentralized web hosting, targeting news agencies, etc. Accounts that can upload content will be limited to avoid any sort of issues dealing with people putting things up that are not within the scope of law. We can reach out to cointelegraph, and various other news agencies, and provide them with these accounts, so that they can decentralize their news sites, talking about decentralized currencies. Sounds like a good idea to me.

The problem with that is, that you already need a big userbase as the QORA wallet has to be installed and running to access the decentralized web, doesn't it?
Activity: 399
since yesterday im finding alot of blocks?! something happened or am i just lucky?

I'm pretty sure that Poloniex has stopped forging per my request. Funny that it coincides with the fact that there are no more mining rewards... hah.

I've suggested that poloniex donate the coin they've forged over the years, to the QrowdFunds... lets see if they go for it.

Poloniex hasn't stopped forging
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
It's really getting so much interesting that Qora is going to be.
Jump to: