Author

Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s - page 126. (Read 96796 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
So, just to confirm I have this right.

An independent member on this forum has reached out to a third party. The third party company gave confirmation that Black Arrow is a customer and the specs look accurate. Is that right?

in part. of course, yes.

So, a third party member who is totally unaffiliated and actually has been doubting us as much as everyone else has contacted a third party company who confirmed we are a customer.

I must be missing something because it seems to me like there is still a lot of doubt we are who we say we are.
Because a user pointed out that the email had been compromised in the past.

Did you by any chance try to contact the other e-mail address cc'd on your initial e-mail thread with Mr. Huang or Kwang? (I can't remember and I'm not looking through 3 pages to find out)  I know PH said that his, Huang/Kwang, was compromised but what about that other gentleman, I thought the consensus was that his apparently hadn't been.
Yes. Haven't received a reply yet.
So, just to confirm I have this right.

An independent member on this forum has reached out to a third party. The third party company gave confirmation that Black Arrow is a customer and the specs look accurate. Is that right?

in part. of course, yes.

So, a third party member who is totally unaffiliated and actually has been doubting us as much as everyone else has contacted a third party company who confirmed we are a customer.

I must be missing something because it seems to me like there is still a lot of doubt we are who we say we are.
Because a user pointed out that the email had been compromised in the past.
Activity: 700
Robert kuang seem to be asic design maneger at verisilicon. That pass breach was long ago 2011 but still this nda bugs me.
Can somebody best pg email him?

I hear ya, but NDA's are commonplace.  In my business,  it's very common.  Nobody is given information or allowed onto the manufacturing floor that hasn't signed one.  Period.

it's common business practice.

what the scope is I don't know, as we haven't seen it obviously, but I don't doubt it exists.  I'd be more surprised if it didn't.

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Semiconductor_Manufacturing_International_(SMI)/Verisilicon_Holdings_Ltd

VeriSilicon Holdings Co., Ltd. is a fabless ASIC design foundry focusing on providing semiconductor IP, design services and turnkey services including manufacturing, packaging, testing, and delivery.

No wonder it's not on the list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_IP_core_vendors

now that's worrying... tapeout of a chip, they don't even fab.

"Fabless manufacturing is the design and sale of hardware devices and semiconductor chips while outsourcing the fabrication or "fab" of the devices to a specialized manufacturer called a semiconductor foundry. Foundries are typically located in China[1] [2] [3] [4] because of the generally low cost of labor, so fabless companies can benefit from lower capital costs while concentrating their research and development resources on the end market."

none of that bothers me.  I couldn't give 2 farts in a hurricane if they have it built by elves in a hollow tree.

what does piss me off is that they clearly are more concerned about guarding their profit than properly compensating their customers for their fook-ups.

I'm no fan of BA, make no mistake, I think they're bending their customers over and coring them out good, while dancing in the rain with their customer's money, which, while I totally expected it, I think absolutely sucks.  

But this other shit is nothing but logistics as far as I'm concerned.  Cargo can be moved in a hurry, so shipping it to point B, which is the foundry, does not concern me, as I think they can pack the boxes and get them to the dock.  But do send that shit next day, BA, you've cost your customer's enough money.
They have Globalfoundries for that.
Robert kuang seem to be asic design maneger at verisilicon. That pass breach was long ago 2011 but still this nda bugs me.
Can somebody best pg email him?

I hear ya, but NDA's are commonplace.  In my business,  it's very common.  Nobody is given information or allowed onto the manufacturing floor that hasn't signed one.  Period.

it's common business practice.

what the scope is I don't know, as we haven't seen it obviously, but I don't doubt it exists.  I'd be more surprised if it didn't.
http://dazzlepod.com/csdn/?email=verisilicon
Zheng.Xu isn't on that list, so hopefully he can confirm..

I was under the assumption that Zheng is you, hence to Zheng, me.

And why all the effort to block out Kuang, but leave one?
No, it's not me. I blocked it out cuz I wanted to respect his privacy, but leave enough visible for authenticity. But since his email was compromised and published.... oh well.

Cc mean carbon copy not forward.
I know. It means that the reply he sent to me was also sent to another employee (probably as a safety measure)

I was under the assumption that Zheng is you, hence to Zheng, me.

And why all the effort to block out Kuang, but leave one?
No, it's not me. I blocked it out cuz I wanted to respect his privacy, but leave enough visible for authenticity. But since his email was compromised and published.... oh well.

Well in his reply, he did CC someone else:
[email protected]
408 844 8560

http://www.verisilicon.com/worldwideoffice.html

Odd! I just got off the phone and the lady doesn't know a Rober Kuang or of any Black Arrow.

Call them yourselves.
Can you try calling the China offices?
Goozman, what is employee from verisilicon gave you that confirmation.

Look here
http://dazzlepod.com/csdn/?page=4893
Somebody with email [email protected] among many other email addresses has leaked compromised passwords.
I give up..
Sorry, I left something unredacted in the last post. Here it is again:

(20nm hypothesis was wrong, so what's the "surprise"? hmmm)

Also, it seems that everyone has to pay electricity costs for the last 2 months of the (not so) free hosting.

How they plan on enforcing this, idk..

I just clarified this- I was incorrect. The entire 6 months will be covered for all customers. I will be updating all my info shortly.

cool.  and thanks for gathering this up for the rest of us.
It seems like this is just an engineering setback which was a risk that we took with pre-orders.  If it was a straight up scam, then these people would be gone now with our money.  The only "scam" I could see right now would be minersource keeping the hardware for themselves when it comes in and I don't think that is going to happen (besides PG will be all over them! LOL).  

I am frustrated with minersource's lack of communication though.  I emailed about my 3 x-1's in their old order database (batch 1) about a week ago and still no response.

I can see how people can see it that way, however, there's not much difference between an outright scam and pocketing profit while your customers lose thousands due to your screwups. 

Just because we get a box with something in it doesn't mean it's not a screw job, far as I'm concerned.
Also, it seems that everyone has to pay electricity costs for the last 2 months of the (not so) free hosting.

Where is that info?   I did not notice that.

I have received confirmation from Verisilicon directly that they are indeed working on a chip for Blackarrow and are a few days away from tape out. I can post a screenshot later.
what I'd like to know is what BA's profit on this is to date.  what was taken in, what was the margin.  of course they'll never release that, although that is what tells the story of how much room there is to work in terms of compensation for these delays.

This was a product rolled out as an early mover, in a marketplace with little competition at a time of high demand, substantive cost savings due to the funding mechanism and production locations.  

Now, we're supposed to buy into the apparent story that the best they can do is foregoing some profit from cloud mining in the future, which in cost terms is the equivalent of the power to run those things they are building on our dime, and which still does not even equal the hash time lost due to their delay, much less account for the rise in difficulty?

bullsheezy.  this is nakedly designed only to guard their pile of money.  

they were given a chance to rectify their own mistake and instead chose to pass their failure on to the people that make their business possible.  I will hope people remember this and let others know not to trust these people with their money.
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?

Shenzhen, 26 September, 2013: Black Arrow is proud to announce that it has upgraded the specifications of its Minion chip to 100 Ghash (up to 128 Ghash when overclocked).

If these even exist, you should be able to link one video or one youtube link. There should be even one review.

If they even exist. Show them hashing. Do it.

Prove they even exist. I somehow bet you can not. There are absolutely NO EXCUSES. NONE.

To be fair, at no point is BA claiming anything that you're asking for. Although you do have a point in a sense that the idea of being "proud" of "upgrading the specifications" of a fab that doesn't even exist yet is totally crazytown, unless perhaps something about how this kind of sentence reads is lost in translation to English.

"...the idea of being "proud" of "upgrading the specifications" of a fab that doesn't even exist yet is totally crazytown..."

+1

Undecided
Bobsag, please confirm that the extra 2 months and 10% discount is also available for people who bought from MinerSource, thanks

Yup.
I just got up (finally over being sick pretty much) and this will be going out in an email blast.

Also if you need help/info for emailing Verisilicon, feel free to drop me a PM, I can get you info you probably need (All I did was send them an email stating who I was, and asking for confirmation of the existence of the contract between VS and BA).
I'm still waiting for your reply to my previous PM. Please also include this info in your reply.
Thanks
I'm still waiting for this.

In addition, it seems as though the 72 hour period for old orders being transferred to the new minersource site has come and gone, and I still haven't received an email for my account on the new site.

Bobsag3 was online just recently and I still haven't received any communication on this.
Jump to: