Author

Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s - page 133. (Read 96796 times)

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
the '25%' offered was 4 months of cloud mining. 4 months?? Whaaaa???

Should it not be 25% of the hashing power we bought times the difficulty increase between promised (paid for) delivery date and actual delivery date

This way if they deliver 2 months late the increase in hashing power will keep up with difficulty.

We are, however, still out 2 months of mining time but at least the machines hashing power will be as useful as if they delivered on time.

Thats exactly what I said some 4 or so pages back, but the only response we have received is BAMatt giving us an apology, so I would say the whole gang at BA has just stopped reading this or their own forums.  No direction on what is happening through MinerSource either, would sure like an email of my own to confirm the late shipments.  I would think with all the time they had to plan our compensation they would have effective channels in place to spread the word.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Matt, we don't want apologies. We want ANSWERS. Specifically, the thread I posted on your forum entitled "We want answers"
Still waiting..
legendary
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to take a second to say I'm sorry about everything.

Matt

Matt, you may be forgiven, but the reputation of the Black Arrow just took a HUGE nosedive.

Matt, you may just be the PR person, and if so then it is possible that you did not know the situation.  But if tape out should have happened 2 months ago in order to have chips done by the end of Feb, (which would be the same deadline that you are on now), and it obviously didn't happen, then it should have been known for the last 2 months that the chip would not be ready in time.  So every single "update" that has been given saying we are on schedule or slightly ahead of schedule, where was that information coming from?  Someone was/is lying, now that may not have been you, if that was the information you were given, but regardless your the spokesperson for this organization, and like it or not, your customers are cumulatively losing hundreds of thousands of dollars of losses due to late shipment.  So who has been lying and saying things were on schedule?  That should be the first question answered!
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
Well I feel completely shafted. I would really like to see some solid proof that this is not just a complete sham tbh.

There's a growing number of people desperate to offload their pre-orders on Ebay. Seems confidence in Black Arrow has evaporated.

Hopefully the situation improves and the company can provide some proper guidance and meet delivery deadlines.

No cash and no hash, tough situation  Undecided

legendary
OK, so what is going on BA.  You send that email out, apparently to half of your actual customers, nothing to anyone who ordered through one of your resellers, and your only on your forums to correct angry people who state some absurd difficulty increase?  Why dont you get on here and work something out?  I think that the 25% that you offered us has not been received too kindly, and personally its more of an insult, and I hope others feel that way.  You basically spat in our faces after telling us you were either on track or slightly ahead of schedule.  So why don't you go ahead and show us how you came about thinking that 25% would be fair/make people happy?  Certainly someone had the idea and had some numbers behind it?  I would also have to imagine that a few of you knew it would do nothing but anger us about such little compensation is being given?  Why don't you rethink this number and give it to us sooner rather than later huh?  It won't make up for lost mining, but it is a start.
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
I'm selling my Prospero X-3 order from minersource

Batch 1. Order Date: 30th Nov 2013. Paid in full. My price is 6.5BTC.

I will prefer the user BitCoins06 if he wants to take it, as he was the first who PM'd me.

Only problem: I don't know how to change the shipping address in the old minersource shop... bobsag3 can you help with this?
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
Do we get a refund if we cancel orders at minersource?

I think I want to cancel my paid order, or sell it to someone interested for cheaper.
Activity: 700
I'm not surprised.  I got that e-mail that others received and certainly wasn't thrilled.  Was pretty pissed, just like most were, I imagine.

I did expect a delay, however, so I can't say I'm shocked.

I haven't bothered to do the math on their 25% offer.  seeing as power cost is zero, this should help people at least recoup some of their cost.  not sure how much, I'll sit and calculate tomorrow.  Hopefully they can get that set up and rolling and folks can defray some of this.  It won't make up for 60 days lost by a long shot, of course, but it's better than sitting with my thumb in my ass for 90 days earning nothing.

I guess I've done my share of bitching on this thread.  I also promised to STFU when they gave an update.  Well now we have it.  Hopefully BA will meet this new date or deliver early and expand options for those that might want to bail.  I'll see what they have to say and hopefully they'll be better about keeping us in the loop going forward.

Thanks for the update, BA.

Also, LOL and to think they were considering switching to 20nm. Had they done that, I don't think the miners would even ship in 2014.
Or they could host bitfurries for everyone starting March 1 until we get the Prospero
Do they have enough to host to compensate everyone for the amount of THs each person ordered?
If they host the bitfuries there will be no money for prosperos.
How so?
Or they could host bitfurries for everyone starting March 1 until we get the Prospero
Do they have enough to host to compensate everyone for the amount of THs each person ordered?
legendary
There's something seriously wrong when blackarrow is online and checking the forums, but hasn't provided any updates in nearly two months.

Last post: December 09, 2013
Last active: Today

I'll remind everyone of this post on Feb 25 (or sooner if they announce their delays) when BA is officially late.

Wow, I didn't think I'd be so right, so soon.

You are more than welcome to post this now Syke, sorry for giving you trouble earlier.
legendary
I think a demand for a refund is not out of the question, seeing as these will be absolutely worthless 2 months late, terms I would deem acceptable...

F your 25% increase for 4 months or whatever it was, that will not make up for 2 months of lost mining revenue and you know it!  At the very least give us the units so that we can sell them instead of taking back control, what a pu$$y way out.

I will either accept a full refund or
I will accept an increase in hash power that is proportional to the total network hashrate difference between the end of feb and whenever the units actually ship, and not hosted units, but actual units that get sent to me.

Feel free to decide, I will be pursuing legal avenues, if for any reason these terms cannot be agreed upon.
And WHY did they wait until NOW to tell us that they will be late when they knew that they would be late early January?
Also, if they've just now taped out, shouldn't it take 49 days (considering Cointerra) to make it to production? It should be done by late March..This makes no sense..
So that means they lied to us when they said that they had their final specs on Jan 3.
Also.. why wouldn't they at least provide the option of shipping on-time but with the 1.5W/GH? Some people have free electricity and don't give a fuck!
Where is this coming from? I don't see anything posted on their forums or their website. Not that I don't believe you - I'm not the least bit surprised - but what's the source?
legendary
Hurrah, Wyoming Time!
On a possible fun note... The site is offline right now. Hopefully for an update? Regardless I have to agree with the statements that they are not obligated to provide detailed updates. Still it would be nice to know if they still anticipate Feb 24 as "the date." However nothing has happened to make me think otherwise. All this worry from people is self manufactured stress at this point in time. People are throwing in Cointerra as proof of this or that but in all reality Cointerra's production time frames really have no indication as to what we should expect from Black Arrow. I will just hang in and pass final judgement on Black Arrow on their ability to deliver the product they are building. 
Well when we get absolutely nothing from Blackarrow, then we're left to clutch at any straws we see to try to help paint a picture. For me, at least.
Jump to: