Pages:
Author

Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today! - page 2. (Read 40241 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 12, 2013, 09:03:31 PM
Guess you never heard the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right? If you think he's a liar, then lying yourself makes you what? Righteous?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
May 12, 2013, 09:00:47 PM
Can you stick to the facts instead if made up conjecture? You're not doing your own cause ( whatever that is) any favors by just making shit up.

And Josh Zerlan is a paragon of accuracy and truth ?

Respectfully, there is probably more accuracy in my conjectures that Josh's prior attempts at stating fact.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 12, 2013, 08:57:57 PM
Can you stick to the facts instead if made up conjecture? You're not doing your own cause ( whatever that is) any favors by just making shit up.
legendary
Christian Antkow
May 12, 2013, 08:54:39 PM
You seem to be ignoring their past FPGA products and the cashflow from that.

That "gravy train" probably ran out last year and I would hazard to guess they are running on VC and ASIC pre-order infused fumes right now.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
May 12, 2013, 08:17:17 PM
ok started R&D from 20%  Grin
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
May 12, 2013, 08:12:29 PM
cashflow problems! They started R&D from scratch with coustomers preorder money. Failed! PCB, Chips, Casing... burning money every day...
Now they need fresh money to order parts...

You seem to be ignoring their past FPGA products and the cashflow from that.

yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
May 12, 2013, 07:54:58 PM
cashflow problems! They started R&D from scratch with coustomers preorder money. Failed! PCB, Chips, Casing... burning money every day...
Now they need fresh money to order parts...
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
May 12, 2013, 07:49:55 PM
Don't you think Wired magazine or the author of cgminer are credible?

It would be more credible if cklovias got the Jally; Kano just comes across as a bragging douche-nozzle and, tangentially, probably does more harm to BFL's image than good out of the Jally deal.

Giving one to Wired / Media was a transparent attempt at trying to regain a semblance of legitimacy in the public eye; Josh Zerlan has admitted these forums and patrons are not important to their business so it's pretty evident they are in full-on damage control/survival mode now.

This +1

Seems like it. Their "customer service" is basically non existent, hiding behind a bunch of lame excuses for why it takes weeks to get a reply from anyone there. I've been over on their boards calling this out to see if anyone at BFL has the balls to respond to the situation. So far nothing, as I expected. And apparently your place in the order queue dictates how "priority" your ticket is, which if that is true is ludicrous.

I don't feel sorry for them, they did this to themselves. I do feel sorry in that I was stupid enough to send them one red cent however, but I can live with it being a single Jally order. Hate to be one of those that dropped $1000s on them...

It's all good, BFL has become my model for what not to do as a business in this industry. Shameful.
legendary
Christian Antkow
May 12, 2013, 06:52:12 PM
I confirmed in the cgminer thread and a few others, including even this thread, that I have received a unit and helped develop the driver for it. However there is so much noise on these forums that I long ago lost interest in trying to contribute meaningfully to every (or even any) BFL hardware related threads. Presumably my meaningful post about receiving one got forgotten in said noise.

Thanks for letting us know ! Don't usually check the Cgminer thread - Your software has never been a problem Smiley Must have missed your other post in this thread.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
May 12, 2013, 06:46:00 PM
It would be more credible if cklovias got the Jally; Kano just comes across as a bragging douche-nozzle and, tangentially, probably does more harm to BFL's image than good out of the Jally deal.
I confirmed in the cgminer thread and a few others, including even this thread, that I have received a unit and helped develop the driver for it. However there is so much noise on these forums that I long ago lost interest in trying to contribute meaningfully to every (or even any) BFL hardware related threads. Presumably my meaningful post about receiving one got forgotten in said noise.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
May 12, 2013, 04:41:38 PM

Giving one to Wired / Media was a transparent attempt at trying to regain a semblance of legitimacy in the public eye; Josh Zerlan has admitted these forums and patrons are not important to their business so it's pretty evident they are in full-on damage control/survival mode now.

This +1
legendary
Christian Antkow
May 12, 2013, 10:33:27 AM

Activity: 924
May 12, 2013, 08:36:03 AM
Would meeting specification be an indicator of "production" quality level units?

What is the definition of "production" units before we ask for evidence.

There were nice unboxing pictures from the first Avalon...
There were nice stats and verifiable hash numbers put up...
There were certainly a number of different metrics used to evaluate that first machine from Avalon...

What have we got from BFL metrics wise on this machine as compared to those who have received them?

That is a telling situation and definitely points to something that is not PRODUCTION quality. Can you show me where anyone has done any in-depth analysis like the first Avalon?

Arrives

After many, many, many months of waiting I’m glad to report BFL has delivered. I received my first Jalapeño today!

This bad boy is getting 5.6 Gigahash instead of 4.5 Gigahash listed on their website. I'm thrilled about about the speed increase even though it's larger and takes more power.

For a $149 investment it'll repay itself and make $1300 on top in one month of mining.

Here are some pics for your enjoyment... View at imgur: http://imgur.com/a/fHvMm#0

erk
May 12, 2013, 08:33:19 AM
but is there actually a credible media source that has confirmed receiving a unit?

All the data from these two sources, point to pre-production prototypes...not production units, and were still painfully shy of the supposed amount shipped out at this point.

If you have other evidence or thread links to the contrary this would be a great place to post them.

This of course goes back to the credibility of the first post of this thread as well.

If you have any evidence that they were not production units, I would like to see it.

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
May 12, 2013, 07:06:45 AM
but is there actually a credible media source that has confirmed receiving a unit?

All the data from these two sources, point to pre-production prototypes...not production units, and were still painfully shy of the supposed amount shipped out at this point.

If you have other evidence or thread links to the contrary this would be a great place to post them.

This of course goes back to the credibility of the first post of this thread as well.

erk
May 12, 2013, 06:54:56 AM

May 12, 2013, 06:53:10 AM
legendary
Activity: 1015
May 12, 2013, 06:36:16 AM
Well I actually feel dumber for having skimmed this entire thread.

As evidence of the afore mentioned increase in my stupidity I'm posting here.

I was unable to find any definitive answers whatsoever in here or anywhere else....

Core Question:

Have we confirmed that this is a legit delivery?

or is this just a bad PR stunt to make it seem like they are actually shipping?

The "we've shipped 20 or 30" quote from BFL smells like spin put on a product still languishing in prototype phase.

.....and my other conclusion:

BFL really needs to hire an actual PR firm and take away Josh's access to the forum.....

Josh: I'm actually dumfounded by your rants...surely you don't suppose you're bolstering support with these petty back-and-forth jabs.   I'm sure you're fringe target client is a zit-faced over indulgent teenage brat but I'd venture to say your target client is far older, mature, affluent, and totally turned off by this kind of rhetoric.  You've lost my future business and you've made the future PR person's job a nightmare.   For your own good send somebody polite, courteous, and amenable to the conference this month and then go find a gym to work out your issues while they do their best not to choke on the foot you've jammed in BFL's mouth.

i think BFL in big Trouble because they shipped only 20 units to media so they get more money from free advertising  .
Activity: 28
May 12, 2013, 06:34:19 AM
Yep, to be classified as a BFL shill on Bitcointalk, you must:

a) Be rational
b) Be able to evaluate what you read without rage and bias
c) Post according to your evaluation
d) Not be mentally unbalanced

That's the only requirements to be a BFL shill.

Well, there you have it.
You cannot possibly be a BFL shill.

Not only does A, B, C, and D all essentially revolve around "A", I lol'd at mobodick's response.
May 12, 2013, 06:33:45 AM
Well I actually feel dumber for having skimmed this entire thread.

As evidence of the afore mentioned increase in my stupidity I'm posting here.

I was unable to find any definitive answers whatsoever in here or anywhere else....

Core Question:

Have we confirmed that this is a legit delivery?

or is this just a bad PR stunt to make it seem like they are actually shipping?

The "we've shipped 20 or 30" quote from BFL smells like spin put on a product still languishing in prototype phase.

.....and my other conclusion:

BFL really needs to hire an actual PR firm and take away Josh's access to the forum.....

Josh: I'm actually dumfounded by your rants...surely you don't suppose you're bolstering support with these petty back-and-forth jabs.   I'm sure you're fringe target client is a zit-faced over indulgent teenage brat but I'd venture to say your target client is far older, mature, affluent, and totally turned off by this kind of rhetoric.  You've lost my future business and you've made the future PR person's job a nightmare.   For your own good send somebody polite, courteous, and amenable to the conference this month and then go find a gym to work out your issues while they do their best not to choke on the foot you've jammed in BFL's mouth.
Pages:
Jump to: