Pages:
Author

Topic: Round 15/16 KnC Jupiter, DZ MC. Please move comments and ?s to this thread. Thx. - page 11. (Read 14686 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Just got our payout which is nice, but the downtime here is stunning.  Seriously, what's going on!  I know site failover can be tough but the new site should have been fully prep'd and ready to go.  We should have been talking hours, not days. 
I know the move is becoming a PITA but unfortunately there was no choice, we no longer could stay in MO, the reason for no vote is because it was a mandatory move. There were three options.

1) Do nothing and 0 mining
2) Move (and get mining ASAP)
3) Find another host (And pay a decent amount more)

We can't say what compensation will be until the downtime is over. Remeber two things with the DZMC and other GB's has any other GB provided compensation for downtime in anyway? and do they charge much more for maintenance fee's, price of purchasing shares, and hosting?

From what I've seen in GB's I'm part of and others that I just read.
No, yes, yes,yes.

I've had GB's where the miners were down for a day or two no compensation but sorry power outage, 2-3% fee, ~10% more to purchase the shares than original price and power costs about double what they are here.
It is good to hear these things, but why could we not have been told this beforehand?  Why could you not stay in "MO" any longer?  I assume you mean Missouri?

If you are going to compensate for any downtime past a certain period, for example 12 hours, wouldn't it have been worth it to be proactive and send a message prior to the move outlining the reasons and offering compensation past a certain time period?   Communication is key and I'm sure such a message would reduce the angst and wondering. 

Do you have a new ETA when they will be live?  I look forward to see them hashing.
They were up for a while but are now down, not sure exact ETA.

We did mention that we were moving the easiest way for us to communicate with the amount of people we have is by our newsletter this was sent out at the middle of December. The move was originally scheduled for tomorrow but had to happen early.

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=52786e4bcd629c427c2e4a0cf&id=f37437bf0a&e=[UNIQID]

There is another newsletter going out sometime in the next few days as well so if your not signed up and want to be head over to the website and fill out the form on the right side of any of the pages.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Just got our payout which is nice, but the downtime here is stunning.  Seriously, what's going on!  I know site failover can be tough but the new site should have been fully prep'd and ready to go.  We should have been talking hours, not days. 
I know the move is becoming a PITA but unfortunately there was no choice, we no longer could stay in MO, the reason for no vote is because it was a mandatory move. There were three options.

We can't say what compensation will be until the downtime is over. Remeber two things with the DZMC and other GB's has any other GB provided compensation for downtime in anyway? and do they charge much more for maintenance fee's, price of purchasing shares, and hosting?

No, yes, yes,yes.

I've had GB's where the miners were down for a day or two no compensation but sorry power outage, 2-3% fee, ~10% more to purchase the shares than original price and power costs about double what they are here.
It is good to hear these things, but why could we not have been told this beforehand?  Why could you not stay in "MO" any longer?  I assume you mean Missouri?

If you are going to compensate for any downtime past a certain period, for example 12 hours, wouldn't it have been worth it to be proactive and send a message prior to the move outlining the reasons and offering compensation past a certain time period?   Communication is key and I'm sure such a message would reduce the angst and wondering. 

Do you have a new ETA when they will be live?  I look forward to see them hashing.

No, yes, yes,yes.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Getting close to 48 hours of downtime!  The difficulty change will happen in just a few hours making it even harder to catch up.
I am not quite sure how a short move to a new data center can take 48 hours!  Very frustrating!

As far as keeping us informed???...the silence in here is deafening.  :-(
Activity: 280
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
we have not voted for a change of hosting, which it has decided willfully must compensate us for downtime
Why are 2 still down?  It's been a long time here Sad
sf2
Activity: 273
Activity: 280
Second worker is hashing! Now #1 and #4 are back in business.
At least this one is slowly gaining traction: http://www.dzminercoop.com/?page_id=302
He must not have known anything about a leaky toilet...so went back to mining.  Grin
sf2
As for the testing I believe the toilet needs to be fixed =) but that doesn't affect mining that much.

http://www.dzminercoop.com/?page_id=1192

Maybe the toilet leak got worse and you had to recruit all the miners to fix it, or are they partying tonight?  ;-)

They sure as heck aren't mining!!!    Shocked  Cry  

Is there ANY good reason why they could not have continued hashing happily at the old facility until the new one was actually ready???
Sigh... I hate downtime. Payouts tomorrow?
sf2
I think the point was that these four miners were hashing without problem have now been moved to a new facility with unknown history. Unlike the other rounds that had burned out power strips and other problems with a lot to gain this one has a lot to lose.

I hope that nothing was damaged in the move and guys be safe on the roads and hooking things up.

Now that the DZ CoOp has moved to a professional site i believe people start to expect a more professional approach of keeping the threads updated with what is going on. I really hope that the new site has been tested out completely and personal are hooking miners up as i type.

Happy New Year.

Miners are begining to come up, Miner Hosting LLC has moved to a more professional / larger site, DZMC is a separate entity which uses Miner Hosting LLC, just because some of the people who run DZMC are employee's of Miner Hosting doesn't change much.

There will be more posts / updates (when needed), from my understanding the power company has a guaranteed uptime for the location. As for the testing I believe the toilet needs to be fixed =) but that doesn't affect mining that much.
sf2
What is the current estimated time to turn them back on?

Thanks
Bleh... a full day's hashing?  Damn Sad
My thoughts exactly!
I don't want to be overly critical since the execution so far has been great (other than a little rocky at the start...), but couldn't this have been planned to avoid so much downtime, particularly when a difficulty increase is looming in less than 2 days?  That time at the lower difficulty will never be recovered.

I know several of you are IT professionals, I'm also in that line of work and have moved quite a number of critical systems over the years.  It does take critical planning and execution to say the least.  Also the key to any system being down is communication and maybe I missed seeing it, but I wasn't even aware that a move was planned.  

How far apart are the 2 facilities?  

Please keep us posted.  It hurts every shareholder equally, but I hold a bunch of them!

We are moving to a more stable location which can handle many more machines including the ones that are currently running, as well we will also have a better staff (more) for the new location to ensure uptime.
Pages:
Jump to: