Pages:
Author

Topic: Round 15/16 KnC Jupiter, DZ MC. Please move comments and ?s to this thread. Thx. - page 12. (Read 14686 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Bleh... a full day's hashing?  Damn Sad
My thoughts exactly!
I don't want to be overly critical since the execution so far has been great (other than a little rocky at the start...), but couldn't this have been planned to avoid so much downtime, particularly when a difficulty increase is looming in less than 2 days?  That time at the lower difficulty will never be recovered.

I know several of you are IT professionals, I'm also in that line of work and have moved quite a number of critical systems over the years.  It does take critical planning and execution to say the least.  Also the key to any system being down is communication and maybe I missed seeing it, but I wasn't even aware that a move was planned.  

How far apart are the 2 facilities?  

Please keep us posted.  It hurts every shareholder equally, but I hold a bunch of them!

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Bleh... a full day's hashing?  Damn Sad
\Should be less. we are about 40miles out, and everything should not take that long to setup again.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Bleh... a full day's hashing?  Damn Sad
Activity: 280
Activity: 462
Lux e tenebris
Was just gonna quote you from another round's thread.

Good luck with the move. May the smooth continue.
Activity: 574
All workers show ZERO?

aaargh yes still zero

WAKE UP BOB no rest for the wicked

edit: wait, perhaps it's the big move, remember we broke dzmc facility #1 what with all our buying .1 P/hs
We forgot to post in this thread because its been so smooth lol

Yes the move is happening all miners are offline until they get to the new facility. Should be sometime tomorrow.
Lux e tenebris
All workers show ZERO?

aaargh yes still zero

WAKE UP BOB no rest for the wicked

edit: wait, perhaps it's the big move, remember we broke dzmc facility #1 what with all our buying .1 P/hs
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
  As a non-member to this buy and as a user of cex.io for my private miners.  I would think the btcguild  is pretty close to equal.   

I roll my money out of cex.io quickly as they make me nervous. I could say a few bad stories about cex.io  btcguild and bitminter.  and frankly they are all pretty good.  but they are all flawed. one way or another. 

If I had a really big in home rig I would use  btcguild.
Activity: 574
When we started btcguild had a great run of luck. Luck has been down someone according to our daily payout. Was wondering when this thread would light up again due to the lower payout?

We have 4 solid miners hashing for us. Half could go to btcguild and the other to ghash to even out the luck. Together they have what? 2/3's of the payouts?

I'm only wary about hashing with ones that can't handle a DDoS attack. I've been with bitminter when they got attacked and 50btc too.

Waiting to hear from bobsang3 as I feel he is the manager of the equipment. Anyway, good to hear a discussion coming out of this group feeling each other out. This is a minor issue but good to test the waters before a major one. I for one don't like to keep all my eggs in one basket but at the same time am not hashing personally so can't make a comment on a "better" pool to use.

After looking back on the past 200 hours it looks like for the most part its been fairly stable on the luck side of it (sometimes 20 found blocks sometimes 9-10), the dip in daily payout is more than likely caused by the difficulty increase over pool luck.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
When we started btcguild had a great run of luck. Luck has been down someone according to our daily payout. Was wondering when this thread would light up again due to the lower payout?

Luck always varies, even with a pool as big as BTC Guild.  I don't see anyone complaining when luck is in our favor. Smiley  It all evens out in the end.  BTCG proved it can withstand a sustained DDOS.  The op has his act together.  There's a reason it's the biggest public pool by far.

M
sf2
Activity: 273
legendary
This is what I've heard:

1 - GHash.IO hashrate is largely internally generated.
2 - Their customer service is awful.

BTC Guild is at 2.4PH right now and increasing.  I'm not sure how it could be "in decline".

M
1. What should we care if the fees are 0.0% and we get a very stable payout?
2. When they start to suck, we will switch to the next king of the hill. Why would you want to waste your time on customer support? Slush and Eligius have been great from customer support stand point but their share has been lagging for one reason or another.

I'm not sure it's a stable payout.  Remember you get what you pay for.

M
Hey guys just wanted to add that I am glad to offer you gals and guys a drama free sales outlet and miner host.  Cheesy

Merry Christmas everyone! If you celebrate or don't celebrate this holiday, my toast of good cheers to you and yours is still the same. I'm thankful for our customers and I'm thankful for you co-op members that have helped make this co-op the success it is today by helping us improve things over time and helping one another out with knowledge. 5 months ago I had no idea I'd form the biggest public co-op in the world for BTC mining.

It's an honor to be the founder and co-leader of a co-op full of so many like minded miners, and I'm both humbled by our success and very thankful to have met my co-leaders, which has resulted in round after round of world class values, and a crypto umbrella company founded upon the core of the DZ MC (with the co-op shielded as a sub-company).

Here's to a successful 2014!

Cheers! And looking for R17 and beyond!
Lux e tenebris
no sexyo thanks we're british

and they did a bad thing
Activity: 364
Hey guys just wanted to add that I am glad to offer you gals and guys a drama free sales outlet and miner host.  Cheesy

Merry Christmas everyone! If you celebrate or don't celebrate this holiday, my toast of good cheers to you and yours is still the same. I'm thankful for our customers and I'm thankful for you co-op members that have helped make this co-op the success it is today by helping us improve things over time and helping one another out with knowledge. 5 months ago I had no idea I'd form the biggest public co-op in the world for BTC mining.

It's an honor to be the founder and co-leader of a co-op full of so many like minded miners, and I'm both humbled by our success and very thankful to have met my co-leaders, which has resulted in round after round of world class values, and a crypto umbrella company founded upon the core of the DZ MC (with the co-op shielded as a sub-company).

Here's to a successful 2014!
This is what I've heard:

BTC Guild is at 2.4PH right now and increasing.  I'm not sure how it could be "in decline".

M
1. What should we care if the fees are 0.0% and we get a very stable payout?
2. When they start to suck, we will switch to the next king of the hill. Why would you want to waste your time on customer support? Slush and Eligius have been great from customer support stand point but their share has been lagging for one reason or another.

EVERYONE's hash is going up, BTC Guild has been falling as a ratio to the total pie. That's just a simple fact.

Also, I pulled ALL my hosted (virtual) shares from CEX/GHash.IO because I BELIEVE their share price are going to go down due to the huge influx of new hardware in the pipeline. But this still does not change the fact that they provide most stable payout at this time.

I do not care much which pool we would use, with Eligius being my preferred pool because of the great website and available stats. I point all my meager GHash's at home to their pool.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
BTC Guild is at 2.4PH right now and increasing.  I'm not sure how it could be "in decline".

M
GHash.io is at 3.2 Ph/s and increasing. Without fee and merget NMC + IXC and DVC.
legendary
We need to vote - switch to GHash.IO or stay in BTCGuild

Merry Christmas

BTC Guild.  I've never heard good things about GHash.IO, and BTC Guild rules.

M
You do not need to hear, numbers talk: https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs If GHash.IO is the new king of the hill and BTC Guild is in decline, then I would like to know why we WOULD NOT switch. If we are going for an underdog, then why not Eligius or Slush?

This is what I've heard:

BTC Guild is at 2.4PH right now and increasing.  I'm not sure how it could be "in decline".

M
We need to vote - switch to GHash.IO or stay in BTCGuild

Merry Christmas

BTC Guild.  I've never heard good things about GHash.IO, and BTC Guild rules.

M
You do not need to hear, numbers talk: https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs If GHash.IO is the new king of the hill and BTC Guild is in decline, then I would like to know why we WOULD NOT switch. If we are going for an underdog, then why not Eligius or Slush?
Pages:
Jump to: