Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 122. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 264
Merit: 111

Number of bitcoin adresses is 167 000 right now, only 5000 less then All-time-high in end of march 2014.
I don't know what this means, i am a noob Smiley - but i guess it's a hint of good fundamentals (?).

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses?timespan=1year&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=7&show_header=true&scale=1&address=

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c2hr1rc5jtvnoc/number%20of%20bitcoin%20adresses.png

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
So the Ethereum IPO... it was just all a big joke? Are you implying or just plain claiming Vitalik and friends cashed out big time?
Well, I don't know any details, but why should they hold Bitcoin? Their POV is, that Ethereum is much better and BTC is doomed. It's only logical that they sell Bitcoins to get their reward and be able to pay developers, marketing people and all the other stakeholders. I have no idea what's going on in their swiss HQ -- would be interesting to know, though.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Because people are moving their coins from cold storage to exchanges in order to sell. shouldn't that be obvious?

The only thing you have made obvious with this post is that you are posting to deceive naiive readers, to shake weak hands.

Weak hands will be shaken sooner or later anyway. This has no effect at all.

It certainly has an impact on the credibility of kireinaha. It identifies him by category, and implies that the behaviours characteristic of that category are likely to proceed from that account.

kireinaha = fallling  Grin

btw. i believe we saw the bottom.
i hope everyone loaded up on some new coins Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Because people are moving their coins from cold storage to exchanges in order to sell. shouldn't that be obvious?

The only thing you have made obvious with this post is that you are posting to deceive naiive readers, to shake weak hands.

It certainly has an impact on the credibility of kireinaha. It identifies him by category, and implies that the behaviours characteristic of that category are likely to proceed from that account.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Transactions excluding popular addresses 7 day average is surging now, around 20% growth in past 4 weeks:

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular?showDataPoints=false×pan=2year&show_header=true&daysAverageString=7&scale=0&address=

Looks like it is at the highest level now since December. Perhaps a similar setup to August 2013 when it also started to break out upwards and regain levels last seen in the April 2013 growth phase. Well, we'll see if it continues upwards into the end of the year...

I'm looking more at this chart right now then the actual price. Anyone know why we had this sudden increase? Anything to do with the Ethereum IPO?

So the Ethereum IPO... it was just all a big joke? Are you implying or just plain claiming Vitalik and friends cashed out big time? How in the fuck? Are you saying this is the biggest scam in the history of cryptos? Wow, give me a break, what was it, like 3000+ BTC? fuck it.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Activity: 722

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Activity: 441

Big moves from cold storage should be visible on the Days Destroyed chart, which is now ruler flat.

So it isn't that. (Unless by it was put in cold storage last week in which case it's not really interesting.)

Historically a surge in transactions has gone hand in hand with slow price increases. However I'm not really seeing that, unless this dip turns out to be very temporary. So perhaps this is a historical anomaly of sorts, or a sign of some new service getting popular.
Activity: 665
Transactions excluding popular addresses 7 day average is surging now, around 20% growth in past 4 weeks:

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular?showDataPoints=false×pan=2year&show_header=true&daysAverageString=7&scale=0&address=

Looks like it is at the highest level now since December. Perhaps a similar setup to August 2013 when it also started to break out upwards and regain levels last seen in the April 2013 growth phase. Well, we'll see if it continues upwards into the end of the year...

I'm looking more at this chart right now then the actual price. Anyone know why we had this sudden increase? Anything to do with the Ethereum IPO?

The increase in transaction volume started well before this last leg down in price.
Activity: 350
Merit: 253

Activity: 665

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
Ukraine is just one of many sacrificial lambs to start the New age... This was planned for ages and NATO was born to make sure of that but Putin proved to be far more potent opponent in handling this crisis. The main prize is Russia with its vast natural resources. Nuke is the only thing that keeps these maniacs at bay..

Wealth is not based on the value of paper money but the resources of the country. Destruction of currency does not spell the end of the country as it can always be rebuilt, reprinted, revalued.

At least historically, Ukraine's farmland has also been an important resource. The west needs it more than Russia, which has plenty of her own (compared to population trends). It was not my intention to draw a historical comparison to the 1930s but since it came to my mind, it must have come to yours also..

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the farmland is being secured by the help of white phosphorus currently. Ceterum autem censeo, those pesky civilians, esse delendam.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
We still have to see if it holds 500. I'd really like some discounted purchases, I think 470 is a good target. 440 would be a fantastic opportunity to load up!
donator
Based on the trendline analysis, this should be the bottom.

I called the bottom in 2014-2-25 at $382 (vwap: $481). Was too early, the actual bottom was in 2014-4-11 at $340 (vwap: $392).

Whether this one goes to $470 intraday (my target) or stays at $497, or goes even lower, is quite irrelevant. It is not a time to sell anyway, and I believe everyone who really believes in crypto is all-in in their crypto position.

Because Bitcoin is a black swan, it is good to always keep some wealth in other forms also, and I don't suggest people to abandon their risk management even if it goes lower. If Bitcoin turns up and continues its ascent, it makes little difference whether you have 10% more. If not, those 10% is all you have. This does not include only technical risks but all kinds of risks imaginable that might result in you losing the purchasing power of most or all of your Bitcoin position. The diversification should be in such an asset that is non-correlated to any of those risks.

I am trying to write a more conscise post to list all the indicators that point to the current bottom soon. I will, however, receive more guests in the castle in 3 hours, so if it's not ready then, it will be delayed a few days probably.
Activity: 404
it looks like we may be at the bottom of all this. Support should hold at 500, but thats not a given.
donator
At least historically, Ukraine's farmland has also been an important resource. The west needs it more than Russia, which has plenty of her own (compared to population trends). It was not my intention to draw a historical comparison to the 1930s but since it came to my mind, it must have come to yours also..

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the farmland is being secured by the help of white phosphorus currently. Ceterum autem censeo, those pesky civilians, esse delendam.
Activity: 427
Had to delete some oneliners. Keep it "Quality TA" you folks!  Kiss

Let me argue that quality doesn't mean quantity. Short posts that are capacious are much more easily to grasp. "Кpaткocть - cecтpa тaлaнтa".

No - we've discussed this on a number of occasions, and it's truly a non-issue until someone can prove to us that it is. The amount of hot air around this issue shows how poorly it's understood.

The first thing to remember is that all cryptocurrencies with "mixing" and other fluff in a bid for "anonymity" will end up with bloat. "But they can prune their blockchain!", I hear you say. Except that Bitcoin doesn't currently have the code in place to prune its blockchain or work off a pruned blockchain, and you can bet that some random altcoin developer doesn't have the technical chops to do this.

Consider, too, why this isn't "the biggest issue" for Bitcoin. Does Bitcoin's 20gb blockchain hamper adoption? No, because mostly everyone uses lightweight clients or web wallets.

The reality is that bandwidth and disk capacity is ever advancing, and there is little reason to think that Monero has a major issue if its blockchain ends up matching Bitcoin's and hits 110gb in 5 year's time. That having been said, there are definitely ways to trim on-disk usage, and we will look at doing this as time goes on. For the foreseeable future, though, this is a much lower priority than most things.

Yes, it may be poorly understood, but as I see it (based on analysis by Anonymint and others) the scalability could become an issue if blockchain would grow faster than bandwidth/disks advance. I am not aware of particular numbers and would be grateful if you could (once more) point them out.

The fact that "there is no code in place to prune blockchain" in other coins doesn't mean it is impossible and wouldn't be done. However it was said that blockchain pruning is not compatible with ring signatures. It is not judicious to solely count upon advancement of technology.
Jump to: