Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 2. (Read 907175 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 266
The question is do we go into a long bear market (unlikely imo) or meander downwards until the next bubble/rally later this year?

Bitcoin bull Novogratz says cryptocurrencies could be worth north of $5 Trillions in 5yrs
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-27/novogratz-says-cryptocurrencies-face-monster-regulatory-risks

"satisfy regulators" LOL
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
The question is do we go into a long bear market (unlikely imo) or meander downwards until the next bubble/rally later this year?

Bitcoin bull Novogratz says cryptocurrencies could be worth north of $5 Trillions in 5yrs
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-27/novogratz-says-cryptocurrencies-face-monster-regulatory-risks
Activity: 696
Merit: 439
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069
rpietila HELP!!!

Is bitcoin about to crash and burn or are holders going to get rewarded, as always.  Cheesy

Help me Tom Cruise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ8-eiHLg-M
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
rpietila HELP!!!

Is bitcoin about to crash and burn or are holders going to get rewarded, as always.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
That's the whole point. Bitcoin can't sit around with 1mb blocksize forever. Or else the recent price increases will return to "normal", eventually.

The weaker chain will and should die, it's how Satoshi designed it.

I'm really surprised that this ongoing scaling battle hasn't negatively impacted prices at this point already. I think this means that there is a ton of new money flowing into the ecosystem from people that probably haven't even heard of the word "scaling" as it pertains to bitcoin.

Transactions have been taking so much longer too. I had to wait a week to get a confirmation on a $400 transaction sent from blockchain.info using the default fee settings. I didn't realize I needed to adjust that one manually higher because the default has always worked fine in the past

it isnt so much that
i am well aware of the scaling difficulties and the upcoming HF and i see it as a positive
IF the 95% strong bitcoin /barrycoin emerges the winner the price will quickly jump to about $5k
the 5% or less who want to follow luke jr and wear silly hats can fork off and create their own coin on august 1st

if they are sucessful and their 1mb  chain doesnt die and manages to retain value (like ETH and ETC ) ,i will have as many of those coins as i have of the coins on the winning chain
so in effect ,il be better off after the split (not worse off as fearmongers try to suggest )
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
That's the whole point. Bitcoin can't sit around with 1mb blocksize forever. Or else the recent price increases will return to "normal", eventually.

I'm really surprised that this ongoing scaling battle hasn't negatively impacted prices at this point already. I think this means that there is a ton of new money flowing into the ecosystem from people that probably haven't even heard of the word "scaling" as it pertains to bitcoin.

Transactions have been taking so much longer too. I had to wait a week to get a confirmation on a $400 transaction sent from blockchain.info using the default fee settings. I didn't realize I needed to adjust that one manually higher because the default has always worked fine in the past

99.9 percent of all Bitcoin holders don't even know what a blockchain even is and don't care about block size. Bitcoin is an asset class and a safe haven nothing more. Yes this can impact .1 percent of holders and can prevent bitcoin from mooning at the present time. But it won't cause a massive crash because people just cannot put anything technical in any context what soever. Especially when the problem has been around for 2+ years and may not be resovled at all, bitcoin is NOT a transactional currency so bitcoin price largely does not care.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
legendary
Activity: 992

legendary
I honestly can't wait until the Great Hard Forkening finally happens, because when it does the Sell-off wars between Unlimited & Core will cause both Bitcoin versions to drop back into the low hundreds for a little while.

There won't be a great hard forkening, both sides are not stupid enough to risk it unless they have significant majority because btc can't just fork like eth because of  it's design.... The minority  chain wouldn't be able to function properly at the outrageous difficulty it would have to mine at...
legendary
Activity: 992
I honestly can't wait until the Great Hard Forkening finally happens, because when it does the Sell-off wars between Unlimited & Core will cause both Bitcoin versions to drop back into the low hundreds for a little while.
legendary
Do any of you guys who only use "10% of coins for trading and 90% in cold storage" or whatever the ratio is find it frustrating every time you double up the 10% but missed the opportunity to double up the rest of the 90%? If I did such a thing it would feel like a huge loss to me.

Depends on the size of your stack, a large pile will crash the market so early adopters or whales can't throw in 100% even if they wanted to...
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Do any of you guys who only use "10% of coins for trading and 90% in cold storage" or whatever the ratio is find it frustrating every time you double up the 10% but missed the opportunity to double up the rest of the 90%? If I did such a thing it would feel like a huge loss to me.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 876
Rpietila, how's your mental health going, got your bi-polar disorder under control? No new manic episodes and haven't been involuntarily institutionalized anymore?
.. or are there still complex conspiracies out there to get you, with global power players out there to get you for your special powers? Smiley

This reminds me of an underrated movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3W0AnCAZsg
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
@Risto

What kind of foods are you eating?

I don't say this lightly, as it's very important that you're getting the right types of food and staying away from the wrong ones, particularly if you're in the middle of a challenge.

If in doubt, try to avoid all grains such as wheat/barley and concentrate on big portions of meat / fish, along with dark green leafy vegetables, and plenty of European fruits, such as berries and so forth.

Stay away from caffeine completely - it's a powerful neurotoxin and will only be confusing the subjectivity of the situation even further, not to mention denying you sleep. Keep your physical strength up through exercise, and try to get as much Vitamin D / sunlight as you can.

Good luck with everything.
legendary
Activity: 1092
I wish you all the best and I hope everything will be fine with you.

And for everybody involved. And soon Smiley

Let's hope so!  Smiley

BTW, infinite money is a topic that interests me personally. You told somewhere that you still believe there is a such concept. I am curious to know how it works and how it has worked with you?

BTW 2: If she (your wife, soon ex-wife) has ever loved you she never can forget you. Women tend not to forget their first loves and especially if they have been in intimate contact with him. Despite it is not common that divorced couples will re-marry it still is possible. Never say never I guess... Sometimes living apart from each other without marriage will make both to think differently. And if you never will find the spark anymore with her just try to be in friendly relationship for the sake of your common children.  Smiley Just my 2 cents.
legendary
Activity: 1092
It is said in the Chumash that a spouse should leave the childhood home. I do not think it doesn't mean as much physical moving but leaving it mentally and by doing so creating a home with the spouse.
Therefore, it is not good to tell too much of the family issues to in-laws. Much better it is to have a female friend (for a woman) to whom to pour the heart. Men and women have different type of connection than the connection between men to men and women to women so when a person is married they both need such friends who are close enough and known to be "good company" (= not insisting divorces, having conservative values etc).

Donald Trump did go bad times in the business and rebuild himself... If you once become a millionaire it is probably easier next time as you know how to do it and what works and what doesn't work.
Bear also in mind, Donald Trump is a Zionist. He has good relationships to the Jewish community and Israel. That is basically one thing that brings blessings to one's live (God himself is watching over Israel and the Jews Psalm 121:4 - the nations have guardian angels that God has put to watch over them but Israel has God himself). Therefore, better to be an ally to God than enemy.
They say in the business that if you cannot beat your competition you can as well join him.  Grin
As a side note it is possible to find a lot of new connections from your local shul - as far as I know the rabbi in Tallinn is around your age.
I wish you all the best and I hope everything will be fine with you.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Clif High Bitcoin update - 88888 CNY or $13k this time next year. Moon shot 2019. Long term 1 bitcoin approx equal to 1000 ounces Gold so $1mil +

https://youtu.be/SXFJUAf9afA?t=31m40s

I wish I could say I had faith in Clif High's predictions but his record for accuracy leaves something to be desired.

Let's hope he's right though, at least as far as Bitcoin is concerned.  Smiley

I believe he states upfront that the predictions made can be wrong. There is not claim they will be right and they are not his claims, they are the product of analyzing linguistics with his software system. All he does is relay the data.
Pages:
Jump to: