Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 4. (Read 907175 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
NO 0 % chance to reach 10k in thi run. In fact this run is almost over.

Lol the run hasn't started yet dude we haven't even broken the Mt gox ath. Youre clearly very very new
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
As a pure speculation and investment, isn't it a good thing that the masternodes (large holders) have common interest with the smaller ones? It is not in their interest to lose wealth, rather increase it. It is very good boat for a small fish to be (assuming the small fish has been able to buy low before the hype).
I doubt Darkcoin will be 0.01 after this hype, the new bottom might be somewhere around 0.015-0.025 (depending on how high it will go during the current pump).
I have been following also the number of masternodes recently and behold, they are indeed rising in numbers. I recall just a few days ago there were exactly 4000 masternodes, now they are 4104 so 104 000 more coins have been hoarded from the weak hands.
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
Well Dashcon - cough - Dashcoin, formerly Darkcoin, formerly XCoin had I believe 1/3 of its supply mined in the first day when Evan released hobbled software where no one could mine. I think even 20 players of widespread distribution is pushing it; more like 1! And it is so nice that most of their "very secure" Tongue masternodes are being run through Amazon AWS...
legendary
Activity: 961

I don't think it will get there either, but then again, I don't remember anybody thinking it would get to $1200 when it was hovering around $100 @ silk road bust, bubble, bot or not.

I realise you're thinking this run, but longer timeframe, for example, I think of how many people know about bitcoin, how many think it is a scam, how many hold gold, how many are searching for yield and / or quick gains, how many want to send money overseas cheaper than they can now, and how many will look to convert their local currency into something if the SHTF.

That's the piecemeal potential market mix right there.
Moving away from BTC for a moment; anyone know why DASH is suddenly pumping? Huh

Majority of DASH are held in masternodes (4000+ of them) each requiring 1000 DASH each.

Only 7 million DASH exist.

Likely a good chunk of those 4000+ masternodes are owned by less than 20 people.

This would be why the price can pump really high.

Yeah, I know masternodes take a lot of coins off the market. Just really odd the coin is pumping (or rather, people are choosing to pump it) now. Maybe they are going to dump for some XMR Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Moving away from BTC for a moment; anyone know why DASH is suddenly pumping? Huh

Majority of DASH are held in masternodes (4000+ of them) each requiring 1000 DASH each.

Only 7 million DASH exist.

Likely a good chunk of those 4000+ masternodes are owned by less than 20 people.

This would be why the price can pump really high.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142
Whimsical Pants
It has an extremely small float and it does not take much volume to move it.  IMHO it will crash even faster.
legendary
10 000 is certainly a possibility. Usually most of the people will not wait until then and thus they sell well before 10 000 which actually helps it to rise there. A major resistance to 10 k might be somewhere between 4000-5000 (if we can go to 10 k) since many even with smart money seems to hold it as a target price.
pa
Activity: 527
Merit: 501
Does anyone think Bitcoin can hit $10000 during this run?

Yes, I think that is likely, especially if we have a global financial meltdown this year, as I expect.

This fellow has been fairly on target with analysis going back a few years:

www.vinnylingham.com/preventing-another-bitcoin-bubble-98dee44e2c7c#.48mlwk52f

He is projecting $2k by year's end.

Even ignoring the price talk, I have appreciated his logic/insights before. For example, there was a great article from him about how there was a lot of unrecognized volume in BTC OTC trading. This site aggregates some places you won't find on CoinMarketCap:

www.coinhills.com/market/exchange/

For example, LakeBTC had about 8.5k BTC trading volume today. They are one of many "OTC" sites out there.

Actually, I am a little surprised at the ETF hype as there are already 2 ways people can buy into BTC in a "regular" retirement/investment account, ignoring "Bitcoin IRA" which I think is a little weird (aside from the fact that Ed Moy, Former US Mint Director, is their chief strategist). We have both GBTC (Barry Silbert's Bitcoin Investment Trust) as well as Coin XBT (www.xbtprovider.com). The latter is interesting as it trades on the NASDAQ Nordic exchange, has market making (they profit off the spread versus declining BTC "backing" per share like GBTC) and trades in both SEK and EUR based instruments (worth 0.005 and 0.05 of a BTC, respectively).

Coin XBT is especially easy to buy as it is available on global platforms like Interactive Brokers. Pretty much anyone in the developed world can buy into it. And it has good volume. On February 23, for example, it had almost $1B SEK in trading volume (~ $100M USD). The EUR instrument also had decent volume. Oh, and CoinMarketCap or any of the other sites don't include this data at all Wink Don't remember what the CMC volume for BTC was that day, but I am recalling $400M, so that is 25% in volume that most people are not aware of!
Activity: 634
Merit: 500

I disagree.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

That very much depends on whether this run turns into a bubble and it certainly isn't a bubble yet. It would be unhealthy if one did develop but if it did then all bets are off.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

My guesses are typically very bad.  So, whatever I predict, there is an 80% probability that anyone would win by taking the opposite side of my trade.

With that said:

BTC price to some $1400 - $1800 during this run.

Happy to see it go higher though!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Anyone can now ask me anything, simply for forking over ~0.1BTC.

EDIT: As an introductory offer for the first day only (or until I get one question that confirms to me the ease of the process), AMA for

$5
(~0.005BTC)

The platform says that unanswered questions are not billed. I do not yet know whether there is any quality control for the answers, or not, but for $5 I promise to give you an informed answer if the question is anything that I can help in (or discard it - for no charge - if not).

Try it out! Smiley

This post reminded me of the Peanuts comics from my younger years.  I had fully intended to do something with it but didn't get a chance until now.
I mean no disrespect.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Risto maybe check this one out for some inspiration:

https://decentralize.today/age-of-chains-decentralizing-our-galaxy-e6a6f631f15e#.x6sfx5qp4

It's some kind of card game, but  my point is more that perhaps you should go on medium.com and build up your CK empire  

http://www.ageofchains.com/

I guess they saw the pepecash card thing and realized there is some demand...

Card 003:
L'ourn, Hidden Defender of Monero

They saw Spells of Genessis .   What is interesting in this game toward flood of other blockchain asset games (BCY, NxC, DTB or even pepecash) is that they did not invent new currency but still use Bitcoin as an currency. They just made blockchain asset that can be playable ingame.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Thank you the special One who sent me my first question! Smiley Introductory offer stays still in force at least until I go to pick up my friends from the town. (12 more hours.)
Anybody got a great question but no (willingness to spend) money?
Somewhat related: Are you willing to disclose if your secret bitcoin tree house is still active? I don't remember seeing it mentioned after you posted some sample essay.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Risto maybe check this one out for some inspiration:

https://decentralize.today/age-of-chains-decentralizing-our-galaxy-e6a6f631f15e#.x6sfx5qp4

It's some kind of card game, but  my point is more that perhaps you should go on medium.com and build up your CK empire  

http://www.ageofchains.com/

I guess they saw the pepecash card thing and realized there is some demand...

Card 003:
L'ourn, Hidden Defender of Monero
legendary
If it was possible to trade Risto's hours I would take a long position at 5 usd and close it somewhere around 900-1000 usd.  Grin  Kiss
Pages:
Jump to: