Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 3. (Read 907175 times)

legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 4562
You're never too old to think young.
Clif High Bitcoin update - 88888 CNY or $13k this time next year. Moon shot 2019. Long term 1 bitcoin approx equal to 1000 ounces Gold so $1mil +

https://youtu.be/SXFJUAf9afA?t=31m40s

I wish I could say I had faith in Clif High's predictions but his record for accuracy leaves something to be desired.

Let's hope he's right though, at least as far as Bitcoin is concerned.  Smiley
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Clif High Bitcoin update - 88888 CNY or $13k this time next year. Moon shot 2019. Long term 1 bitcoin approx equal to 1000 ounces Gold so $1mil +

https://youtu.be/SXFJUAf9afA?t=31m40s
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045
Moving away from BTC for a moment; anyone know why DASH is suddenly pumping? Huh

I think there is a whale group which is periodically pumping various coins and a lot of money flowed to Monero and DASH. I have the sense that the coins they are using can't really be cashed out... they could be half a million btcs or more, stolen at some point in time, and the hackers are simply having fun with them pumping alts.

Anonymous coins were always going to take, at least 1% of BTC marketcap (I've said that in early '14 when darkcoin and anoncoin were at 2-3mn marketcap combined), which gave the anon market explosive growth potential that wasn't even worth the "fights" between drk/monero/other coins... there was enough "food" for everybody  Tongue
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Yesterday Bitcoin made its ATH, finally definitively and in all counts busting the one from 2013.

Not that I cared, I have other things to do but decided to mention this one nevertheless...  Cheesy

It was a defining moment in bitcoin. I always hated the ugly all time graph made by the fake bot in the MtGox days, now bitcoin has proven that it can rise from the ashes like the phoenix, this is a great boost in confidence, literally everyone that bought in the MtGox peak can no longer complain that they lost money, this is HUGE.

I don't know about "defining" moment. There might be a series of these. You could just as well say the defining moment was in early 2013 when bitcoin "rose from the ashes" of the painful 2011 bear market (that followed the 32$ high and subsequent mtGox hack. The media was yelling "bitcoin is dead" and indeed many bitcoiners sold out at $3 or whatever).

I think bitcoins birth (we're witnessing it, sill) is akin to a series of "rises from the ashes". Like a newborn sucking in air in between the horrifying cries it emits answering to the harsh realization of its own existence embedded in a world filled with cold air, aggressive oxygen, bright light and loud noise, Bitcoin will have to come to terms with the environment it's being thrown into. That can be a painful process... but luckily it's getting easier with age ;-)

"Come here little Bitcoin, we all love you the way you are!" (well, ignore everyone pulling your limbs in all directions, I guess. You'll probably have to make up your personality and stand up for yourself at some point. "Show us who you are!").

(EDIT: was that a bit weird?)
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Yesterday Bitcoin made its ATH, finally definitively and in all counts busting the one from 2013.

Not that I cared, I have other things to do but decided to mention this one nevertheless...  Cheesy

It was a defining moment in bitcoin. I always hated the ugly all time graph made by the fake bot in the MtGox days, now bitcoin has proven that it can rise from the ashes like the phoenix, this is a great boost in confidence, literally everyone that bought in the MtGox peak can no longer complain that they lost money, this is HUGE.

It was also great to see it beating gold, and now we are seeing $1300 soon.
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
Does anyone think Bitcoin can hit $10000 during this run?

If the ETF is approved, yes.

Next growth spurt will finish at 1 * 10 ^4 USD. So yes, between $5k and $49k.

Between $3.2k and $32k you presume...?

Order of magnitude 1 *10^4 ($10000) implies a value between $5000 and $49999. Last growth spurt was to order of mangitude 10^3. I wrote about this in 2013: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-fifth-growth-spurt-383674
geometric mean versus arithmetic mean
Activity: 233
Merit: 101
Hey Risto - I have be following you and your journey at a distance for many years now. You have brought enormous value to me personally and have helped me to change my understanding of wealth and money for the better. My life has completely changed financially over these past 5 years. Of course not all your doing, but you have certainly helped. Since you asked, I would love to see an ebook from you on your current understanding of money, wealth and economics.  Just my 2 satoshis.

Watching your struggles over the last couple of years has been difficult. I am very pleased that you seem to have come out the other side stronger and clearer as to your purpose and function. You apparently have now come to deeply understand that we are constantly creating our own realities and that the only real solution to our individual and collective difficulties is to raise our consciousness and become more intentional creators. I wish you all the best going forward. Keep up the good work.

And again, thank you for your courage in putting it all out there. All the best!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

40 000 usd is kinda big sum of money but definetely not impossible to own in any western country.

Hang on.. Master nodes are currently on a fire sale.  I'd hold out, because I don't think the best deals are to be had quite yet.

The dollar value of a Masternode depends on the dollar value of bitcoin as well.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142
Whimsical Pants

40 000 usd is kinda big sum of money but definetely not impossible to own in any western country.

Hang on.. Master nodes are currently on a fire sale.  I'd hold out, because I don't think the best deals are to be had quite yet.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142
Whimsical Pants

The important question is "how MANY different people not colluding together own masternodes out of the total amount of current masternodes?"

The FBI de-anonymized TOR.  Some people will never learn no matter how many times history repeats.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
As a pure speculation and investment, isn't it a good thing that the masternodes (large holders) have common interest with the smaller ones? It is not in their interest to lose wealth, rather increase it. It is very good boat for a small fish to be (assuming the small fish has been able to buy low before the hype).
I doubt Darkcoin will be 0.01 after this hype, the new bottom might be somewhere around 0.015-0.025 (depending on how high it will go during the current pump).
I have been following also the number of masternodes recently and behold, they are indeed rising in numbers. I recall just a few days ago there were exactly 4000 masternodes, now they are 4104 so 104 000 more coins have been hoarded from the weak hands.

There are several glaring issues with the concept of master nodes.

1. Currently you need ~$40,000 to operate one just on the 1000 DASH you are required to have locked up. Plus expense on hardware/software/electricity. The barrier to entry is way high. Imagine if it cost $40,000+ to run a bitcoin node or a monero node.

2. Current masternode owners with a large stake (or even exchanges that have dash) will over time gain more master nodes purely from keeping them in a "proof of ping" mode. Nothing else required.

Centralization comes to mind.

40 000 usd is kinda big sum of money but definetely not impossible to own in any western country. That being said, in order to increase the number of masternodes the price cannot rise too much from here. On the other hand, does Dark coin need more Masternodes or is ~ 4000 masternodes good enough for the long haul..

Bitcoin is also centralized mainly towards the Chinese farmers - exchanges mainly operate with the "free coins" in the weak hands of speculators.

To me the important question ISN'T "Is 4000 Masternodes good enough?"

The important question is "how MANY different people not colluding together own masternodes out of the total amount of current masternodes?"

legendary
As a pure speculation and investment, isn't it a good thing that the masternodes (large holders) have common interest with the smaller ones? It is not in their interest to lose wealth, rather increase it. It is very good boat for a small fish to be (assuming the small fish has been able to buy low before the hype).
I doubt Darkcoin will be 0.01 after this hype, the new bottom might be somewhere around 0.015-0.025 (depending on how high it will go during the current pump).
I have been following also the number of masternodes recently and behold, they are indeed rising in numbers. I recall just a few days ago there were exactly 4000 masternodes, now they are 4104 so 104 000 more coins have been hoarded from the weak hands.

1. Currently you need ~$40,000 to operate one just on the 1000 DASH you are required to have locked up. Plus expense on hardware/software/electricity. The barrier to entry is way high. Imagine if it cost $40,000+ to run a bitcoin node or a monero node.

2. Current masternode owners with a large stake (or even exchanges that have dash) will over time gain more master nodes purely from keeping them in a "proof of ping" mode. Nothing else required.

40 000 usd is kinda big sum of money but definetely not impossible to own in any western country. That being said, in order to increase the number of masternodes the price cannot rise too much from here. On the other hand, does Dark coin need more Masternodes or is ~ 4000 masternodes good enough for the long haul..

Bitcoin is also centralized mainly towards the Chinese farmers - exchanges mainly operate with the "free coins" in the weak hands of speculators.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

This fellow has been fairly on target with analysis going back a few years:

www.vinnylingham.com/preventing-another-bitcoin-bubble-98dee44e2c7c#.48mlwk52f

He is projecting $2k by year's end.

Even ignoring the price talk, I have appreciated his logic/insights before. For example, there was a great article from him about how there was a lot of unrecognized volume in BTC OTC trading. This site aggregates some places you won't find on CoinMarketCap:

www.coinhills.com/market/exchange/

For example, LakeBTC had about 8.5k BTC trading volume today. They are one of many "OTC" sites out there.

Actually, I am a little surprised at the ETF hype as there are already 2 ways people can buy into BTC in a "regular" retirement/investment account, ignoring "Bitcoin IRA" which I think is a little weird (aside from the fact that Ed Moy, Former US Mint Director, is their chief strategist). We have both GBTC (Barry Silbert's Bitcoin Investment Trust) as well as Coin XBT (www.xbtprovider.com). The latter is interesting as it trades on the NASDAQ Nordic exchange, has market making (they profit off the spread versus declining BTC "backing" per share like GBTC) and trades in both SEK and EUR based instruments (worth 0.005 and 0.05 of a BTC, respectively).

Coin XBT is especially easy to buy as it is available on global platforms like Interactive Brokers. Pretty much anyone in the developed world can buy into it. And it has good volume. On February 23, for example, it had almost $1B SEK in trading volume (~ $100M USD). The EUR instrument also had decent volume. Oh, and CoinMarketCap or any of the other sites don't include this data at all Wink Don't remember what the CMC volume for BTC was that day, but I am recalling $400M, so that is 25% in volume that most people are not aware of!

As far as I know the ETF is different, it is way more secure, and way more accessible. Mutual funds will start investing in bitcoin via COIN shares, and even your grandma could go to a bank and tell them to buy you some COIN shares.

About DASH, im not sure why its pumping, as far as I know theres nothing new under the sun right? so what the fuck is going on?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Not quite imo. But "over 9000" is in the cards.

On the other hand: depends on your definition of "this run". Was 2013 "one run" or "two runs", for example?
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

If the ETF is approved, yes.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Not quite, $9588 is the current target top.

Since base low beginning of the run ~$200-225 took 12 months to double to $400-450, 6 months to double again to ~$800-900.

If the run continues on the current exponentially 'doubling in half-the-time' basic metric, we're looking at ~$1600-1800 by end of March (3 months to doubling). 6 weeks after that $3200-3600 for mid-May and 3 weeks after that $6400-7200 early June and final blow off by July ~$9588 ... almost exactly 1 year after the halving in supply that precipitated the run to a new equilibrium pricing (wherever that maybe after the inevitable correction, $3200?).

marcus_of_augustus raises the very interesting idea of continued exponential rise in the price of Bitcoin.  In physical and natural systems, exponential rises typically end HARD sometime "soon after the hockey stick" price movement starts.

Would a mathematical and/or abstract entity like BTC be subject to such?  One argument for stating that BTC would not grow to the sky is that because products can be BOUGHT w/ BTC that there would be an upper bound.

But, I don't know.  It will interesting to watch and see if the +/- $9600 price target could be reached sometime reasonably soon.
legendary
Actually interesting time it will be when the parity with gold bullion will be reached, to me this is more a milestone than the ATH on Gox.

Psychological barrier of gold breaking is definitely notable moreso than the Gox ATH.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo

Not quite, $9588 is the current target top.

Since base low beginning of the run ~$200-225 took 12 months to double to $400-450, 6 months to double again to ~$800-900.

If the run continues on the current exponentially 'doubling in half-the-time' basic metric, we're looking at ~$1600-1800 by end of March (3 months to doubling). 6 weeks after that $3200-3600 for mid-May and 3 weeks after that $6400-7200 early June and final blow off by July ~$9588 ... almost exactly 1 year after the halving in supply that precipitated the run to a new equilibrium pricing (wherever that maybe after the inevitable correction, $3200?).
legendary
Actually interesting time it will be when the parity with gold bullion will be reached, to me this is more a milestone than the ATH on Gox.
Pages:
Jump to: