Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 297. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 544
Merit: 500
Could still make a run at this .764 retrace. I think we've formed pretty formidable resistance above this level. Expecting downside momentum to pick up sooner or later...

Looking to make my quarterly top up within a week. What price target would you think would be good to open a long position? Do you still see this hitting the upper 400's?
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Could still make a run at this .764 retrace. I think we've formed pretty formidable resistance above this level. Expecting downside momentum to pick up sooner or later...

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Adoption is now about .00002% of global humans.  Upper bound is about 70%.  Adoption is about 0.000008% of global liquidity and reserves.  Upper bound is about 80%.
The bounce from 556 looks pretty corrective from here. Was hoping for a retrace to 595, I dunno now...

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Currently we only have 0.1% of the population so it will grow regardless. The "masses" are not yet involved in 2014.

more like 0.0001% of total population

360 people in the USA?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
Currently we only have 0.1% of the population so it will grow regardless. The "masses" are not yet involved in 2014.

more like 0.0001% of total population
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The people who believe it will go to the moon are not the people who can take it there. Bitcoin's userbase must constantly grow, and it does, at an exponential speed.

Do we have any data since the Mt.Gox blowup to confirm or deny whether the adoption rate was affected by the major hit on Bitcoin's reputation?

Feels to me we might be in a lull waiting for some major exchange(s) to comply with some new government monitoring of reserve ratios or something. Something that would signal to the masses that Bitcoin is safe for them.

The exponential growth in bitcoin users is just a result of people hearing about bitcoins and having enough time to think about investing in them. The paradigm might change when we hit the "chasm" at about 2.5% of the population. Currently we only have 0.1% of the population so it will grow regardless. The "masses" are not yet involved in 2014.
Activity: 518
Merit: 521
The people who believe it will go to the moon are not the people who can take it there. Bitcoin's userbase must constantly grow, and it does, at an exponential speed.

Do we have any data since the Mt.Gox blowup to confirm or deny whether the adoption rate was affected by the major hit on Bitcoin's reputation?

Feels to me we might be in a lull waiting for some major exchange(s) to comply with some new government monitoring of reserve ratios or something. Something that would signal to the masses that Bitcoin is safe for them.
Had a tag of the sweet spot I mentioned a couple days ago. Short term bullish divergences continuing. Volume is unimpressive, though. I'll entertain the idea of trend reversal if we break above / close above ~ 624 level.

Activity: 518
Merit: 521
Neglected Estonian Manor House to be Turned Into Bitcoin Center
http://news.err.ee/v/economy/53ba6308-7ca1-4b4a-9a52-0156165267d6

such news

960,000 Euros.

Risto, in all due respect (genuine friend), in my opinion you should have stuck to trading.

Those who want to launch crypto-currency businesses will hire (or be) programmers.

Buying old buildings is a very roundabout way to involve programmers.

The new elite will not be those who held the most crypto-currency units, rather it will be the ones who know how to create technology within the ecosystem. We are moving away from stored capital and to active knowledge. We are moving away from human organization to algorithmic organization. Math will trump social and capital ranking.

Stay within your core expertise, or possibly lose everything getting sucked deeper into a bad decision that you can't abort.

> * Why did you choose Malla manor?

Although I am a Finn and live in Finland, I have for long had most of my business in Estonia taken care by local staff. I wanted a big house that would be able to host large gatherings of Bitcoin people, and both the buying and operating such would have been much more expensive in Finland. To have a place with centuries of history at an affordable price would have been difficult.

Surely housing isn't 960,000 Euros in Finland nor Estonia.

The time to buy your expensive toys is when your formerly 10,000 BTC (apparently you sold a large chunk in the $600-700 range?) would be priced at $5,000 per BTC, so it would only be a couple percent of your net worth. Especially considering we are facing a global economic collapse by 2016ish, and the price of manors will plummet. Also I'm not clear if the 10,000 BTC was all yours or included BTC you were managing in a mixed fund. If that was all yours and if you still have a sizable position of silver, then perhaps the manor was only a few percent of your net worth? In which case, I simply advise to move forward more cautiously and see if it takes hold organically without becoming obsessed to the point where you can't stop if it is failing.

This wasn't a decision about efficiency, it was a decision about your dreams of what would be fun and neato. Unfortunately as far as I can see, the concept doesn't match where we are headed in the world.

960,000 is not the end of it. You have to refurbish, furnish, hire and manage employees, etc.. This is so debilitating and dilutive to your available time and focus for your core expertise, ditto for someone like me who is a programmer. Delegation is never 100%.

Estonia has a long culture of manors, and there were many to choose from. Malla immediately caught my attention because of its sheer beauty and majesty. Also the structural renovation had been carried out almost completely, which means that it could rather quickly be raised to its former glory given enough funds. The outbuildings are already restored and can be used immediately. But that is all logical stuff, the real reason is the Malla Spirit, which just captured me and did not let go...

> * How often do you visit Estonia? When the renovation of the manor is completed, are you planning to reside there?

I am visiting Estonia about 2 times per month currently. I have many businesses and staff there. I will continue to live in Finland with my family, but hopefully we will have a long summer holiday together in Malla this summer.

> * How is a bitcoin millionaire different from a cash millionaire?

A typical bitcoin millionaire is a very intelligent young (25-35) white male, with high earning capability.

I disagree with the bolded part. I see moderately intelligent guys investing in Bitcoin and not the most intelligent.

You are very effective as a focused trader. When you step outside your specialty, it will be revealed to you whether you are a polymath.

Again a friend should speak candidly, and respectfully.
Daily still pretty ugly.

Zoomed out:

legendary
Its just a bustle in your hedgerow, jimmy
legendary
total fabrication, it seems
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
"China's central bank has issued a document on March 18, April 15 asked to stop all Bitcoin transactions."

http://live.sina.com.cn/zt/l/v/finance/globalnews1/

If true, how hard would bitcoin be hit?

Google translate:

"China's central bank reportedly has issued a document on March 18, April 15 asked to stop all Bitcoin transactions. So far the central bank noncommittal on the news."
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
"China's central bank has issued a document on March 18, April 15 asked to stop all Bitcoin transactions."

http://live.sina.com.cn/zt/l/v/finance/globalnews1/

If true, how hard would bitcoin be hit?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
that pump has changed the trajectory of the exponential curve down swing, though it remains in tact. this is probably a good thing, because the broader the base, the harder the fall.

maybe though it will also take a bit longer than we might wish  Sad

EDIT - I will be adding to my short aggressively if it passes 3638 - that will mark the market buy order filled. already the best of the order has disappeared from the order book.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Had sell orders at 607 for the bounce, damn it!

Anyways, I'm expecting this to head south soon for (probably) lower lows.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
huobi breaking out of a wedge on the 15min chart.... could be a volatile hour coming up. So they say, wedges are terminal, to some degree.  so possibly we will return to 3650 before a larger move down.

^^ accurate aye  Grin

I wasnt expecting it to be this sharp though.

Im stepping aside until this totally loses momentum. maybe I can get it an a better price.
Jump to: