Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 298. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
15m makes it look like it wants to bounce.

LOL nice.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Speaking of "bouncing,"  haven't we had substantial dips before we have had major rises in price?  Perhaps I am just being my usual optimistic bullish self though. Wink

Seriously... it's not possible for so many people to think that Bitcoin will eventually go to the moon and simultaneously have a constant downward slide... I think this will spring upwards pretty violently soon (as Bitcoin tends to do).

The people who believe it will go to the moon are not the people who can take it there. Bitcoin's userbase must constantly grow, and it does, at an exponential speed.

Do you foresee a Russian oligarch, or someone like that, deciding to throw 100 million dollars or so (a small part of his fortune) into Bitcoin in a moment of desperation in order to avoid a financial confiscation of some sort? I am not someone like that, but if I were a controversial person who faced a 50 percent possibility of having someone like Vladimir Putin or Xi Jin Ping seize all my assets within the next 5 years, I would certainly have enough confidence in Bitcoin to think that it would be a wise decision to hedge against total loss of all traditional assets by putting a relatively small portion of my wealth into something that cannot be seized, so that I could still be super-rich after being persecuted. How likely do you think this is and how you take this possibility into your calculations?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Speaking of "bouncing,"  haven't we had substantial dips before we have had major rises in price?  Perhaps I am just being my usual optimistic bullish self though. Wink

Seriously... it's not possible for so many people to think that Bitcoin will eventually go to the moon and simultaneously have a constant downward slide... I think this will spring upwards pretty violently soon (as Bitcoin tends to do).

The people who believe it will go to the moon are not the people who can take it there. Bitcoin's userbase must constantly grow, and it does, at an exponential speed.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
we still haven't seen any volume worth mentioning. I think the big move is yet to come. considering the proportions so far, I am now expecting it to pass 550.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1148
15m makes it look like it wants to bounce.
legendary
huobi breaking out of a wedge on the 15min chart.... could be a volatile hour coming up. So they say, wedges are terminal, to some degree.  so possibly we will return to 3650 before a larger move down.
legendary
I agree, there are bears with their fingers on the trigger. I can feel it. it is not certain that that they will give in, but the chart looks very threatening right now. a move down now would be the continuation of an exponential fall.

it's been a stand off with little trade for the last 2 weeks, so there is 2 weeks worth of price action coming up. I'd expect at least a $50 move.
How high is the possibility we will break into 400´?

I am getting tired of such slow returns and bashing from the media, while the mainstream are presented a once in a lifetime opportunity that they do not care for in the least at the moment. The whole scene feels dead. I was promised wall street would enter etc, etc....

.......and thats how we should be feeling at this stage of the wave. we should expect a couple of months before things get really hot again, but right now, they are dead. I think a lot of noobs were just slaughtered in the LTC bubble, and they will not be inspired right now.

There is not a soul buying at 600....  bugger all liquidity, the bears are just toying with the bulls.

Looking at the chart, I think why not 400s, but I also think a smart profit target for shorts is 560. my gut feeling is that we will not see 400 again.

I think we will see the 400s again. Although it might take us 4-6 weeks to get there. Slow drip. Probably faster of we don't get some good news to bounce us a little higher along the way. But even our bounces don't have energy right now. Let it all come back to earth. Fine with me.

I think 400s are pretty likely at this point. My charts were pointing to a slow slide, but if momentum builds from here, things could get ugly pretty fast.

Bulls: Just be careful bottom fishing on leverage.
Activity: 709
Merit: 503
I'm watching for a buy in mid-April; not interested in catching the exact bottom; it just happens to coincide with some of "old" non-retirement coins reaching the ripe old age of 12 months (long term capital gains).  I'm replacing them with retirement funds.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

No chance. If you are lucky you might get the chance to buy a little dip into the mid 500's, but all that will be is confirmation that the bottom was indeed in (sig) I stand by this hard.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

I am getting tired of such slow returns and bashing from the media, while the mainstream are presented a once in a lifetime opportunity that they do not care for in the least at the moment. The whole scene feels dead. I was promised wall street would enter etc, etc....

.......and thats how we should be feeling at this stage of the wave. we should expect a couple of months before things get really hot again, but right now, they are dead. I think a lot of noobs were just slaughtered in the LTC bubble, and they will not be inspired right now.

There is not a soul buying at 600....  bugger all liquidity, the bears are just toying with the bulls.

Looking at the chart, I think why not 400s, but I also think a smart profit target for shorts is 560. my gut feeling is that we will not see 400 again.

I think we will see the 400s again. Although it might take us 4-6 weeks to get there. Slow drip. Probably faster of we don't get some good news to bounce us a little higher along the way. But even our bounces don't have energy right now. Let it all come back to earth. Fine with me.
legendary
Indeed, this is not the time to be selling aggressively on a long term basis. one day we may look down upon this pathetic little down swing and wonder why we risked trading it.
legendary
Activity: 1176

Patience is a virtue!
legendary

Activity: 854

If you ask me, going below 500 even briefly has about 50% chance of happening now.

That's like saying the chances of winning the lottery are 50/50 you either win or you don't !!!

This just in

Bitcoin will either go up... or down.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101

If you ask me, going below 500 even briefly has about 50% chance of happening now.

That's like saying the chances of winning the lottery are 50/50 you either win or you don't !!!
Activity: 854

I beg to differ - 61.24% chance imho
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Jump to: