Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 299. (Read 907212 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Yes indeed, thinking in terms of race is very old-fashioned. Not something you would expect from open-minded bitcoin people.

To even care about somebody mentioning race is considered old-fashioned where I live.

Demographic generalizations are just that - generalizations, whose aim is to convey the idea.

If you are a 55-year old below-average intelligence Asian housewife, it does not mean that I despise you by saying that most bitcoin millionaires are not like you. It means that you are very lucky among your peers, because most of them are not bitcoin millionaires Smiley

I happen to know 10 Finnish bitcoin millionaires, and all of them fit in the description, except 2-3 have recently actually passed their 35 mark.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
How high is the possibility we will break into 400´?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Im thinking the same. I wonder what might happen if it passed 540 though, there is no price history to hold it up. we could be in for some more $4xx bitcoin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
My position still unchanged.

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
Good interview but this part was bit of bullshit:

A typical bitcoin millionaire is a very intelligent young (25-35) white male

Is it? I have no idea, but I would guess it's pretty accurate.

It is because it's in no way important at first place... there are certainly plenty of Asian/Chinese millionaires, largest ASIC companies are from that area and largest trading volume is there too, than you surely have lot of black guys from USA/UK etc, etc... was not necessary to mention the race at all.
Yes indeed, thinking in terms of race is very old-fashioned. Not something you would expect from open-minded bitcoin people.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
It depends weather it is true or not.....

asian BTC millionaires are plenty, but they were not necessarily made millionaires by bitcoin......

If most of the early innovators are white, I think that is an important thing to note. It is a racist issue, and thats not being racist.

lol it cant get worse that their is today already and bitcoin might make better
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
It depends weather it is true or not.....

asian BTC millionaires are plenty, but they were not necessarily made millionaires by bitcoin......

If most of the early innovators are white, I think that is an important thing to note. It is a racist issue, and thats not being racist.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

It is because it's in no way important at first place... there are certainly plenty of Asian/Chinese millionaires, largest ASIC companies are from that area and largest trading volume is there too, than you surely have lot of black guys from USA/UK etc, etc... was not necessary to mention the race at all.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

At least the age group and sex is certainly accurate. The ethnicity is very likely to be true.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

Activity: 233
Merit: 101
It is beautiful thing. A tangible expression of a man following his dreams. What is more powerful than that? I'm personally happy to hear about the exploits of a service minded bitcoin millionaire. Well done sir!

And the idea that buying an old building and turning it into a hotel and conference center is Risto's way of bilking the noobs, is hilarious and ridiculous. I'm sure there are plenty of easier and more direct ways to separate people from their money. If that is what you are seeing when you look at this - you might want to look in the mirror.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
Risto, I wanted to say that I am very happy to read what you're doing with Malla Manor.  This is a good thing for the bitcoin community and you have my support.  
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Enough with the fucking castle
It is the crowning achievement for someone who wants to dance like he means it.  It's a place where he can keep away from all the riffraff that has invades this forum, as well as the burdensome bureaucratics, politics or shady conflicts of interest – just cool people, who genuinely care for what they’re into.  It's simple really.  A wise man once said: You can’t worship two gods at once. Loving one god, you’ll end up hating the other. Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other.

That's the real unseen point here...  but someday it will be seen.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I am not seeking any "investments" from anyone, am not selling any services, and do not have plan to do so.

We'll see.. we'll see.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
The only thing that warrants a reply is the clarification that I am not seeking any "investments" from anyone, am not selling any services, and do not have plan to do so.

Except the hotel of course will function as a hotel and both rooms and food will cost as usual.

Can we pay in rare bottles of expensive alcohol? Perhaps crates of cigars?

I want to visit!!!
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The only thing that warrants a reply is the clarification that I am not seeking any "investments" from anyone, am not selling any services, and do not have plan to do so.

Except the hotel of course will function as a hotel and both rooms and food will cost as usual.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Oh, it's great to see how the "building my castle" soon turned into "serious business project of creating an hotel".
Have you actually done any market research for creating this kind of an Hotel to this specific location? Do you have any knowledge or experience with tourism and accommodation? Do you even know what kind of future plans are made around Kunda and on how does it fit to create an Hotel in the middle of it?
You didn't buy this manor because this is an serious business project. You just bought it because it was the only option what came up, that helped to comfort your inferiority complex. That is the reason why you come here to talk about "your castle", that is the reason why you are as vain as an 10 year old girl, and that is the reason why you aren't able to do anything serious with money. We both know about the reputation you have both in Finland or Estonia, and what disturbs me, is that in this forum you are actually playing the role of an dignified analyst. And we both know that it's all for fishing out new naive people who would "invest" into your "projects".

Who would have known that people didn't start visiting this hotel?
Who would have known that leaving an unsecured laptop unattended can be dangerous?
Yeah right.. Con artists will always blame their tricks on incompetence and beg for pity.

Who is talking about serious business here?-) Can I not build a hotel if I want to, and run it as sloppily as I have run my other businesses ever since 2001?  Roll Eyes  Do I need to ask for permission from someone (actually - yes, there are many authorities that are very much involved and we will do our best to exceed all their requirements)?

Yes it might happen that my guests one Sunday morning have more purchasing power than the entire city of Kunda. In general I am happy to be able to comfort my inferiority complex by purchasing 51-room houses, most people are not. It goes without saying that I am and always have been totally inept with money; if this was not the case, I would now be working, instead of trolling. All decent people work.

If all you consume for your edification is yellow press, you might indeed think that I have as bad a reputation as all the other businessmen, politicians and celebrities in Finland. Surely the only logical explanation is that we all must be idiots? And it has nothing to do with selling the papers?  Roll Eyes

Could you divulge some more information about the supposed con here?

LOL, it's about time for you to start a new thread because here the others talk about other things, and bashing me will be deleted.

Of course you can run your projects sloppily if you follow these steps: a) Find someone who has money, but who doesn't have experience with money b) Get them to "invest" in your "projects" c) Channel the investments to your own personal pocket d) Claim incompetence, that you are really surprised that the project didn't work out, and that you are very sad and you will give your best to try better next time e) Profit

Well, there is a reason why the press also likes you, because you are a funny guy, that is often involved with schemes that are also funny. In Estonia, we have the same type of dude named "Villu Parvet", he is also a self proclaimed businessman, who makes a fool of himself by trying to be someone who he clearly isn't. The press absolutely loves him and all of his newest quests! I think that you should look him up in Estonia, and maybe you could trade different business plans and earn wealth beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.
I think that starting a new thread, just to bash you, is a little over the top. I think it's more dignified to stop in from time to time, just to sting your fragile little ego. Maybe this will inspire some questions among the "investors" who you are fishing for. Maybe it will just make you act less like Douche Baggins... Or maybe not... Either way, it will still be good fun.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Enough with the fucking castle

Don't you see how it's a catalyst for asking questions about Bitcoin? I think Risto is doing a great job answering them too Smiley
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
Great answers
Jump to: