Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 295. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
How much will BTC price if Russia, China and others BRICS countries say bye bye to USD?
Pricerelative to gold,because then the dollar value will be questionable.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
Here's a little disclosure: Nearly all of my posts in /Speculation are just that: speculations. They are probabilities, not certainties. So stop being so dramatic.

Tera,

What do you think of the LTC chart?  I'd sincerely like to hear your opinion, and if you think it differs from BTC in recent weeks.

Best,
Nick
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Here's a little disclosure: Nearly all of my posts in /Speculation are just that: speculations. They are probabilities, not certainties. So stop being so dramatic.

Its because you always write in real or implied absolutes. You do not write as if you are hedging or forecasting potentials.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
It seesm everybody and their sister is looking to buy at that $400 level. I suspect that final capitulation may be closer to $200-250 but I know nobody wants to hear that.
Last summer many people like you said the price was sure to revisit 32$.

Actually they said the price would revisit 50$, which it didn't do.

I think we might be here.

No, if one compares it like that, we are around 3-4 weeks later.

Watch 1d 7/30 EMAs and look at the envelope (SMA20) band - it is more obvious then.
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
It seesm everybody and their sister is looking to buy at that $400 level. I suspect that final capitulation may be closer to $200-250 but I know nobody wants to hear that.

That's also my current assumption, although we might get one more leg down in the next few days. Just like now, I recall at that time the force behind the decline was really weak at which point I knew we were close.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

am I sensing a little underestimation of yourself? recognize the power you have and use it wisely.
donator

Activity: 728
legendary
In this discussions about the capitulation cycles, you have to realize that we are no longer talking about the typical 9 month subcycle - this cycle is breaking, which became apparent last week. We are now talking about the 2-3 year supercycle.

You really are leaving us.

Care to go into a more detailed description of our pending bitcoin apocalypse?
I've given the details already. The technicals of this subcycle have diverged from the technicals of the previous subcycles, so it more likely to continue diverging from them than to follow them and start another rally. If the 1 week emas go down then there will likely be a long sideways/down period. I didn't necessarily say anything about an apocalypse. Unlike other posters here shouting about $100 etc, I haven't given a specific downside target. I simply acknowledge that it will not be a very profitable time to trade or invest. Holding funds on an exchange to trade with for an entire year would certainly be too risky. It would be much less risky and more profitable to withdraw the funds into other markets and investments where they grow exponentially (or at least don't disappear), and then can be put back into the bitcoin markets when ready (and probably at a lower price than where I sold). FYI I am not committed to this path yet.

Ok. Makes sense. But, just note, when you say things like "we are no longer talking about a 9 month subcyle" and "if we break the weekly 30 EMA then its a new ballgame (paraphrased)"  it sounds very dramatic.

We are certainly going to close a week or two below the weekly EMA. Its happened before. That doesn't mean anything. If it just continues to stair step down to $370 then it might indeed be a little time until we recover.

However, I do not think it can be restated enough:bitcoin is not a stock nor is it a commodity (yet).  It has not and will not follow all the predicted rules. As you have experienced yourself more than once.
donator
Oh God! (sic)  -- the Quality TA thread is reduced to quoting scripture to show the time of BTC is not upon us.

lol. well-put.
In this discussions about the capitulation cycles, you have to realize that we are no longer talking about the typical 9 month subcycle - this cycle is breaking, which became apparent last week. We are now talking about the 2-3 year supercycle.

I've given the details already. The technicals of this subcycle have diverged from the technicals of the previous subcycles, so it more likely to continue diverging from them than to follow them and start another rally. If the 1 week emas go down then there will likely be a long sideways/down period. I didn't necessarily say anything about an apocalypse. Unlike other posters here shouting about $100 etc, I haven't given a specific downside target. I simply acknowledge that it will not be a very profitable time to trade or invest. Holding funds on an exchange to trade with for an entire year would certainly be too risky. It would be much less risky and more profitable to withdraw the funds into other markets and investments where they grow exponentially (or at least don't disappear), and then can be put back into the bitcoin markets when ready (and probably at a lower price than where I sold). FYI I am not committed to this path yet.
Activity: 336
On the weekly chart:

If bitcoin does not reach at least 750$ within around 2 weeks, SMA 7 will cross SMA 30.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I've asked Bitcoin developers why the BTC fees are so high for small transactions. I know some of you will want to argue about this but you might as well admit the truth: Sending big amounts of BTC is cheap, sending small amounts is expensive. It just does not work for micropayments.

How else can you send money internationally quickly for only a nickel?

That said, you are right, Bitcoin is not well suited to micropayments. There's no point in trying to make Bitcoin work for every conceivable use case. There are plenty of other use cases where Bitcoin is unbeatable. That's where future massive adoption is going to come from. Micropayments will best be suited to some off-chain and/or altcoin implementation.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
It's very easy - I have often done it myself - to get so caught up into advocating one's position that one fails to see the incoherencies in ones own case.  An old saying is apposite:  There are none so blind as those who will not see.  

When you are making a case to a broad audience as well as to a correspondent -- as is typical in a forum post -- your case is not well served if you refuse to see what all the other readers can easily see.  Denial is not an effective strategy, either logically or rhetorically.  

Activity: 496
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Last summer many people like you said the price was sure to revisit 32$. Even I said somewhere else that the only way to be sure to pick the bottom was to wait for 50$ or less. When the capitulation to 67 began, I consciously made the effort to distract myself from charts expecting lower lows. Fortunately I hedl, because we know how that turned out.

I now know this feeling. It's the despair at the bottom. Just like these days, when there are no bad news.

If 21/10 weekly emas cross down... well, that is quite another story.
Activity: 378
Dude why don't you keep your religious moralism to yourself.

I usually just lurk as not to muck up rptilas thread, but this is too low hanging not to pick on.

1.  Anonymint took no religious position when he made his argument.  He was using religion to appeal to his audience.  You missed this completely.

2.  The answer to your above question is because he has as much right to express himself the way he wishes as you do.

In other words:

Why don't you keep your a-religious moralism (sic) to yourself?

not a-religious at all.  i took no agnostic or atheist point of view.

he certainly has the right to drag the bible and abortions and misogyny into this discussion. and i will continue to exercise my right to resist that islamists and the christians and every other breed of book thumpers take over the public square.  religion is incendiary to all not wearing the favored clothing, which is why the enlightenment made such great strides in agreeing that it belonged in the private sphere, not the public. that, cAPSLOCK (sic) is not moralism. or a-moralism. or whatever low hanging fruit you are after.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Dude why don't you keep your religious moralism to yourself.

I usually just lurk as not to muck up rptilas thread, but this is too low hanging not to pick on.

1.  Anonymint took no religious position when he made his argument.  He was using religion to appeal to his audience.  You missed this completely.

2.  The answer to your above question is because he has as much right to express himself the way he wishes as you do.

In other words:

Why don't you keep your a-religious moralism (sic) to yourself?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Why do you see a lot of buyers at $400 as a sign that the final capitulation will be < $400?

Because everyone has $400 range as their dream price, not many are willing to invest at prices above this, therefore prices slowly grind down to $400 range, everyone gets their buy-ins and there is a little price hike as a few panic buyers also join the market. However, now we are back up in upper $400 lower $500, and nobody is willing to buy and hold Bitcoins at these prices. Those that got in lowest start to take profits, the price subsides. Those who got in at higher prices sell to avoid becoming bag holders, the price subsides further and before you know it we are back down at everyone's dream lower $400 range but in the midst of low volume market apathy. Things can only go one way after that.
Jump to: