Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 301. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269
1d and 4h charts:

OMG, it's a fractal pattern!  Escher stairway to another universe!  Grin
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
1d and 4h charts:

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Tip of the day:

When investing, then use common sense.
DO NOT use the advice of Finnish con artists who use their gains to buy old manors, so they can feel like an aristocrats and throw parties. Use the advice of people who have more constructive goals with their money and who look like they are actually able to earn money without scamming anyone.

It is hard not to be rude towards accounts that might be specifically generated 2 weeks earlier to disturb me (and the others who try to benefit Bitcoin). But I recently realized that this forum is so full of junk anyway that many lurkers actually "subscribe" to certain people and read their "latest posts", instead of following threads like I do.

This allows me to reply to posts whose author is not worthy of reply - the benefit will be to the lurkers Smiley

Buying a manor and making a luxury hotel out of it, has a manifold purpose. First of all, it is reasonable for me to diversify the holdings. This allows second, to make a place where Bitcoin bigholders can meet in nice surroundings. Third, this is conducive to all kinds of Bitcoin-related activity.

You instructed me to start bitcoin businesses instead. Actually I am doing just that. Because I employ thought before acting, I am able to accomplish more. I actually stopped all my business, to concentrate on this and to achieve the maximum leverage. Because of my desire to play baron, the world will have 10 times more bitcoin companies than what I could have started just by myself.

Oh, it's great to see how the "building my castle" soon turned into "serious business project of creating an hotel".
Have you actually done any market research for creating this kind of an Hotel to this specific location? Do you have any knowledge or experience with tourism and accommodation? Do you even know what kind of future plans are made around Kunda and on how does it fit to create an Hotel in the middle of it?
You didn't buy this manor because this is an serious business project. You just bought it because it was the only option what came up, that helped to comfort your inferiority complex. That is the reason why you come here to talk about "your castle", that is the reason why you are as vain as an 10 year old girl, and that is the reason why you aren't able to do anything serious with money. We both know about the reputation you have both in Finland or Estonia, and what disturbs me, is that in this forum you are actually playing the role of an dignified analyst. And we both know that it's all for fishing out new naive people who would "invest" into your "projects".

Who would have known that people didn't start visiting this hotel?
Who would have known that leaving an unsecured laptop unattended can be dangerous?
Yeah right.. Con artists will always blame their tricks on incompetence and beg for pity.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Tip of the day:

When investing, then use common sense.
DO NOT use the advice of Finnish con artists who use their gains to buy old manors, so they can feel like an aristocrats and throw parties. Use the advice of people who have more constructive goals with their money and who look like they are actually able to earn money without scamming anyone.

It is hard not to be rude towards accounts that might be specifically generated 2 weeks earlier to disturb me (and the others who try to benefit Bitcoin). But I recently realized that this forum is so full of junk anyway that many lurkers actually "subscribe" to certain people and read their "latest posts", instead of following threads like I do.

This allows me to reply to posts whose author is not worthy of reply - the benefit will be to the lurkers Smiley

Buying a manor and making a luxury hotel out of it, has a manifold purpose. First of all, it is reasonable for me to diversify the holdings. This allows second, to make a place where Bitcoin bigholders can meet in nice surroundings. Third, this is conducive to all kinds of Bitcoin-related activity.

You instructed me to start bitcoin businesses instead. Actually I am doing just that. Because I employ thought before acting, I am able to accomplish more. I actually stopped all my business, to concentrate on this and to achieve the maximum leverage. Because of my desire to play baron, the world will have 10 times more bitcoin companies than what I could have started just by myself.
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Is there a chart to see total bitcoin volume over all exchanges over time?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Bitcoin is struggling with 600. To me, it looks like it can turn to a real decline, a "mini-capitulation". Out of my hat, the target is about 530.

There is no point in selling at this juncture if you know the trendline model and the economic adoption growth. But they are real sales that are pushing the price down, and not even that large. If there are no buyers, it will continue until we find a new level.

Too much uncertainty to trade.

The volume is in China.  And it is not only the Chinese selling there...  there are large buyers taking advantage of the one sided risk of feeding the Chinese exchanges.
donator
It is going back up.

The formation needs to break to either side, and if not down, then it can be up Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
I have been nervously positioned for this trade for a few days now. I think it will go down to 560. if it breaks that almighty trendline nicely sported on BTCe (the one that underlines the wedge), then 530 is realistic. but Im buying some at 560 for sure.
donator
Bitcoin is struggling with 600. To me, it looks like it can turn to a real decline, a "mini-capitulation". Out of my hat, the target is about 530.

There is no point in selling at this juncture if you know the trendline model and the economic adoption growth. But they are real sales that are pushing the price down, and not even that large. If there are no buyers, it will continue until we find a new level.

Too much uncertainty to trade.
donator
Hi, just wanted to drop a note. I came back from Estonia, where I had blissfully been in communications blackout. (It is so relaxing that I thought it would be a nice feature to not have wifi in Malla at all Wink )

We made some real progress with all the plans but I don't want to share the details here. There is another forum for that, and we are thinking to open a Malla website - or of course we will have a website, but there is a difference whether it is a hotel frontend or a community portal.

You should rename the thread to Quality Malla Observer

He would... but there's another forum for that too.

OT..  right now big players are quietly buying into fear based selling pressure from the holders who are letting go.

Yes, like I told, the Malla discussion will happen somewhere else. I just share the top feelings and keep you posted for the hosting capacity increases. Currently it is between 6-12 guests, and not yet ready for international conferences. See - I am not only living in luxury, but also selling it for meetings Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Hi, just wanted to drop a note. I came back from Estonia, where I had blissfully been in communications blackout. (It is so relaxing that I thought it would be a nice feature to not have wifi in Malla at all Wink )

We made some real progress with all the plans but I don't want to share the details here. There is another forum for that, and we are thinking to open a Malla website - or of course we will have a website, but there is a difference whether it is a hotel frontend or a community portal.

You should rename the thread to Quality Malla Observer

He would... but there's another forum for that too.

OT..  right now big players are quietly buying into fear based selling pressure from the holders who are letting go.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
this statement is false
Can you draw the correct chart? Has it already broken out?

unfortunately, it is difficult to tell what is the "correct" chart as any conjecture regarding which points are outliers is merely that -- conjecture. the best model for the mid-term moving resistance is a whole family of lines, with the one that has the most points of contact and the best case for its violations being outliers being most likely to carry significance. this requires a broader hypothesis with evidence for each of these internal assumptions.

that being said, the model i'm using right now still has not indicated a breakout. notice the daily RSI is still struggling to crossover the 50-line.

--arepo
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
interesting

mabtc, i really like ur posts and charts but i think u might be overanalyzing many times

Could you elaborate? I am always open to criticism. We've been sideways almost two weeks, and any test/breakdown of supports is notable.
donator

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
interesting

mabtc, i really like ur posts and charts but i think u might be overanalyzing many times
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Bounce at this moving support but failure on momentum. I don't see much strength here. Looking to close the rest of my long on this bounce.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Right now the Bitstamp orderbook is about 10-15% of what it should be as the major exchange. The whole world now is setting their price based off Bitstamp and all comercial servies connect through Bitstamp as a hub. Bitstamp is basically the new gox. Yet it has this tiny book still. The book should have a bid of about 100M USD but instead it has a bid of 12M USD.  It would take only a 30K market-sell dump to bring prices below $60. I know what you're going to say - I keep hearing it over and over: "Who would be stupid enough to do that"? It doesn't matter - the fact is that people CAN, and that people HAVE. There are dozens of wallets with 60K+ btc and bitcoin's history is littered with random 20K-50K dumps, as wall as panic events like silkroad. No serious trader is going to take a position, especially not a leveraged position, when they are vulnerable to this type of price swing - which can be caused by the action of only one person. Even if it bounced back, a leveraged position would be force liquidated and result in a total loss. The bid is important.

Anybody know what Vaurum's orderbook size is? I heard that BitPay/Coinbase might be using them...
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Right now the Bitstamp orderbook is about 10-15% of what it should be as the major exchange. The whole world now is setting their price based off Bitstamp and all comercial servies connect through Bitstamp as a hub. Bitstamp is basically the new gox. Yet it has this tiny book still. The book should have a bid of about 100M USD but instead it has a bid of 12M USD.  It would take only a 30K market-sell dump to bring prices below $60. I know what you're going to say - I keep hearing it over and over: "Who would be stupid enough to do that"? It doesn't matter - the fact is that people CAN, and that people HAVE. There are dozens of wallets with 60K+ btc and bitcoin's history is littered with random 20K-50K dumps, as wall as panic events like silkroad. No serious trader is going to take a position, especially not a leveraged position, when they are vulnerable to this type of price swing - which can be caused by the action of only one person. Even if it bounced back, a leveraged position would be force liquidated and result in a total loss. The bid is important.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
I wonder: Was that large bid-side at MtGox and those big bids really actually there in the first place, or was this just a mirage of numbers-backed-by-nothing on our computer screens?

While this might be possible (there seems to be no practical limit to the amount of gox incompetence) I would speculate that this was simply an effect of the fiat withdrawal delays. Gox used to be the biggest exchange and I suppose lots of people sold BTC for fiat during the 2013 bear market, many of them waiting to re-buy lower. Once fiat withdrawal problems started and the premium in BTC price developed, many people wanted to buy BTC just to get out of there, but I can see myself being reluctant to pay such a high premium by hitting market order. So I just place limit orders and hope they get filled. Thus the large bid side. It seems a simpler explanation to yours. Yours does make sense, too, this one just seems a simpler explanation.

Now that I think of it, this would also explain the difference between the June 2013 recovery and our supposed 2014 recovery. There is no such condition as "unable to get fiat out of the biggest exchange" operating right now.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
I suspect that "money" never existed in the first place. What if the rally up to the November top was largely driven by NOTHING (as in computer-screen-fiat, not real fiat)? Just something to think about.

yes, it makes sense. The resulting huge premium on goxcoins price could have attracted many fool pig's (greedy's) coins, in order to try to keep the scheme going.

and inversely the later "crash" in order to get more fiat in?

Jump to: