Author

Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine[In Progress] - page 333. (Read 69440 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
Russia is now walking back their statements on demanding rubles for oil exports to countries they deem "unfriendly."

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russia-will-not-demand-immediate-switch-gas-payments-roubles-kremlin-2022-03-30/

Appears they understand they cannot further restrict their economy when it's already on the decline. IMO Russia understands the war is a lost cause and they have no way to circumvent the sanctions, so they have to play the game that the West wants them to play. Using China and India as trading partners can only support Russia's economy to a certain extent. Being isolated from the West has ramifications. There were also some reports that Putin's military generals are downplaying the status of the war and the severity of Russian troop losses because they don't want to be the bearer of bad news. Putin is losing control of his economy and his military.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin

Hypersonic missiles are very cool to show and they are certainly to be feared. There is one little problem, the same with the T-90. The production is short and difficult, they are usually much more expensive than most of the targets they aim to destroy. They only make sense for attacks on ships and industry.

In the case of the Armata T-90, is a piece of art.. and as expensive as a Picasso. A Picasso can be destroyed with a 5 dollar Molotov, the multi-million T-90 requires a 50k missile of the thousands that are available to UKR to go puff.

I am not sure why are you mentioning race here. USA results tend to be awful when they get into countries they just do not understand nor care about yes.

Armata is t-14, and t-90 is totally another tank Smiley

You are right, I crossed my T's.

Both are more expensive that a MLAW or a Javelin. From a design and engineering point of view, Armata is a good showpiece.

Activity: 2604
Merit: 326

Hypersonic missiles are very cool to show and they are certainly to be feared. There is one little problem, the same with the T-90. The production is short and difficult, they are usually much more expensive than most of the targets they aim to destroy. They only make sense for attacks on ships and industry.

In the case of the Armata T-90, is a piece of art.. and as expensive as a Picasso. A Picasso can be destroyed with a 5 dollar Molotov, the multi-million T-90 requires a 50k missile of the thousands that are available to UKR to go puff.

I am not sure why are you mentioning race here. USA results tend to be awful when they get into countries they just do not understand nor care about yes.

Armata is t-14, and t-90 is totally another tank Smiley

mentioning race because its obviously important...conflict in Yemen is bigger humanitarian disaster, but
almost ignored in mainstream media. What could be other possible reason?
legendary
Do not die for Putin

A missile attack? Do you know that the accuracy of a Russian cruise missile is around 400 meters? There is not way you can use these for small critical military targets. Just civilian buildings, large bases and depots at most, apart from the comparative cost and the economics of it.

I doubt it...their hypersonic missile hit oil depot inside Lvov with 1m precision...and its WAY harder to guide
hypersonic missile compared to ordinary one. USA results are worse, but also less talked about because they:

a) kill brown, not white people, so USA general public care less
2) control mass media, so its reported less (if at all)

A missile attack? Do you know that the accuracy of a Russian cruise missile is around 400 meters? There is not way you can use these for small critical military targets. Just civilian buildings, large bases and depots at most, apart from the comparative cost and the economics of it.

I doubt it...their hypersonic missile hit oil depot inside Lvov with 1m precision...and its WAY harder to guide
hypersonic missile compared to ordinary one. USA results are worse, but also less talked about because they:

a) kill brown, not white people, so USA general public care less
2) control mass media, so its reported less (if at all)
legendary
Do not die for Putin
So, tanks are the strategy of Putin, but at the same time they are not the strategy of Putin and they are not needed, right?. I see.
Tanks are needed, just a couple of thousand of them are enough, there is no need for tens of thousands of tanks for the success of the operation in Ukraine.

So, Russia has air superiority, yet almost no planes are being used. And while some areas are attacked by cruise missiles, many are also stopped. This is certainly not my concept of air superiority, which anyway is not that useful for urban warfare, but just to humour your point.
As far as I can see, reconnaissance drones are actively used on the Russian side. Airplanes and helicopters are also used, but not as actively. The drone finds the target, followed by a missile attack. Why reinvent the wheel when simple things work. In urban conditions, this tactic works worse, I agree. This is probably why Russian soldiers do not particularly climb into the cities, with the exception of Mariupol - control over which is of great strategic importance.

While the US cannot send troops over the terrain, they are certainly feeding a sh*tload of info to the Ukrainian Army, basically the best military network of satellites and radars at their full disposal along with all the information that seems to be leaking from every rank of Putin's military. Seriously, I just cannot believe how accurate the information that is being passed by the US is, I am starting to think that Putin is a double agent. Fighting blind... you must be joking.
Well, in this case, we must admit that operational tactical information support from US satellites does not help the Ukrainian army much.

On the soldiers... well, someone has to worry about them you know, and it does it seems that you and Putin could not care less about them. Nor their families.
There are risks in every profession, and for the professional military, these are the risks of being killed, captured or injured in the course of doing their job. Their relatives will receive compensation and survivor's pensions, and they themselves will be declared heroes who suffered in the fight against Nazism.

The info Ukrainians are getting is one of the reasons why the "mighty" Putin's machinery is stalled. Again, 1 month and Putin does not seem to be able to progress beyond roughly 150 km from their bases.

Every voluntary soldier (not conscripts) chose to serve their country. There is a difference between Russia and Putin, between defending your country and waging a war of aggression against, to a point, your own brothers. Apart, the seems to be an absolute disregard to soldiers lives in Putin's army - unequipped, poorly led, uninformed,... No general in history has shown such a disregard for casualties.
copper member
Activity: 2100
Merit: 903
White Russian
So, tanks are the strategy of Putin, but at the same time they are not the strategy of Putin and they are not needed, right?. I see.
Tanks are needed, just a couple of thousand of them are enough, there is no need for tens of thousands of tanks for the success of the operation in Ukraine.

So, Russia has air superiority, yet almost no planes are being used. And while some areas are attacked by cruise missiles, many are also stopped. This is certainly not my concept of air superiority, which anyway is not that useful for urban warfare, but just to humour your point.
As far as I can see, reconnaissance drones are actively used on the Russian side. Airplanes and helicopters are also used, but not as actively. The drone finds the target, followed by a missile attack. Why reinvent the wheel when simple things work. In urban conditions, this tactic works worse, I agree. This is probably why Russian soldiers do not particularly climb into the cities, with the exception of Mariupol - control over which is of great strategic importance.

While the US cannot send troops over the terrain, they are certainly feeding a sh*tload of info to the Ukrainian Army, basically the best military network of satellites and radars at their full disposal along with all the information that seems to be leaking from every rank of Putin's military. Seriously, I just cannot believe how accurate the information that is being passed by the US is, I am starting to think that Putin is a double agent. Fighting blind... you must be joking.
Well, in this case, we must admit that operational tactical information support from US satellites does not help the Ukrainian army much.

On the soldiers... well, someone has to worry about them you know, and it does it seems that you and Putin could not care less about them. Nor their families.
There are risks in every profession, and for the professional military, these are the risks of being killed, captured or injured in the course of doing their job. Their relatives will receive compensation and survivor's pensions, and they themselves will be declared heroes who suffered in the fight against Nazism.
legendary
Do not die for Putin
Do you think that you just leave a tank there and then, after 20 years, you turn the key and it works?
Yes, this is exactly how it works, a mothballed tank is taken from the warehouse, the re-mothballing procedure is carried out and the tank is ready to fight. Ukrainian fighters of the defense are similarly armed with Soviet-made Kalashnikovs, they are new in factory lubrication, as part of the Ukrainian legacy from the USSR. Old Soviet tanks played an important role in the military doctrine of the USSR, providing the ability to strike with a mechanized tank column within 48 hours anywhere in the Eurasian continent. The current military doctrine of Russia is more progressive and less relies on the brute force of tank divisions, but the tanks themselves have not gone away. That's where they came in handy.

I see... you seem to be lacking a few basic on maintenance, material sciences and mechanical engineering as Putin seems to be lacking trained crews and supplies. I am glad to know that Putin's strategic defence is based on these premises, I feel much safer. I hope the US military does not find out about this battleplan, most of them are much more aggressive than me.

Now, about that doctrine and theories... where are those tanks? They do not seem to be in Kyiv? When there is a difference between words and facts, I tend to look at facts, but that's just me.
I think these tanks for the most part continue to be stored in hangars, because in such quantities they are simply not needed in the operation in Ukraine. The very concept of warfare has changed a lot in 30-50 years. A key factor for the success of the operation in Ukraine is Russia's control over the airspace. You don't need a lot of tanks if your recon drones see the picture of what is happening, and the Ukrainian army is actually fighting blindly. Not knowing where and when the next blow will come from the sky.

The young, unfired soldiers, for whose fate you are so touchingly worried, are also not needed. Mostly professional military personnel with real combat experience take part in the operation from the Russian side. It should sound like "100%" instead of "mostly", but unfortunately it seems not so and it turned out that somewhere in the supply of the rear units, conscripts were involved. I hope this misunderstanding has now been completely corrected.

While the US cannot send troops over the terrain, they are certainly feeding a sh*tload of info to the Ukrainian Army, basically the best military network of satellites and radars at their full disposal along with all the information that seems to be leaking from every rank of Putin's military. Seriously, I just cannot believe how accurate the information that is being passed by the US is, I am starting to think that Putin is a double agent. Fighting blind... you must be joking.. out here in the West the movements of troops are even in public TV!

Sending conscript was a "mistake that has been corrected"... I agree, it has been "corrected" swiftly by the Ukrainian army. Somehow, it fails to make me happy.
copper member
White Russian
Do you think that you just leave a tank there and then, after 20 years, you turn the key and it works?
Yes, this is exactly how it works, a mothballed tank is taken from the warehouse, the re-mothballing procedure is carried out and the tank is ready to fight. Ukrainian fighters of the defense are similarly armed with Soviet-made Kalashnikovs, they are new in factory lubrication, as part of the Ukrainian legacy from the USSR. Old Soviet tanks played an important role in the military doctrine of the USSR, providing the ability to strike with a mechanized tank column within 48 hours anywhere in the Eurasian continent. The current military doctrine of Russia is more progressive and less relies on the brute force of tank divisions, but the tanks themselves have not gone away. That's where they came in handy.

I see... you seem to be lacking a few basic on maintenance, material sciences and mechanical engineering as Putin seems to be lacking trained crews and supplies. I am glad to know that Putin's strategic defence is based on these premises, I feel much safer. I hope the US military does not find out about this battleplan, most of them are much more aggressive than me.

Now, about that doctrine and theories... where are those tanks? They do not seem to be in Kyiv? When there is a difference between words and facts, I tend to look at facts, but that's just me.
I think these tanks for the most part continue to be stored in hangars, because in such quantities they are simply not needed in the operation in Ukraine. The very concept of warfare has changed a lot in 30-50 years. A key factor for the success of the operation in Ukraine is Russia's control over the airspace. You don't need a lot of tanks if your recon drones see the picture of what is happening, and the Ukrainian army is actually fighting blindly. Not knowing where and when the next blow will come from the sky.

The young, unfired soldiers, for whose fate you are so touchingly worried, are also not needed. Mostly professional military personnel with real combat experience take part in the operation from the Russian side. It should sound like "100%" instead of "mostly", but unfortunately it seems not so and it turned out that somewhere in the supply of the rear units, conscripts were involved. I hope this misunderstanding has now been completely corrected.
legendary
Do not die for Putin

copper member
White Russian
legendary
Do not die for Putin
Russian tanks and other equipment cannot be easily replaced under sanctions as the production is dependent on the US, German, and South Korean parts. Putin just issued an order to convert their military equipment production to models from the 1960s to use domestic,
Soviet technology. But this will take time for re-tooling, re-training, getting the right crews, etc. This is another fucked up idea by our chess
genius, comrade Putin.
How desperate are you if you hope that Putin will run out of tanks. Now, in military chronicles from the Russian side, they mainly show Soviet T-72s (with a modernized cannon that pierces even older Ukrainian T-60s through the forehead), which are stored in factory solid oil in warehouses, tens of thousands of units, as a legacy from the USSR . Where are the modern Armata tanks, or at least the T-90? They are simply not necessary within the framework of the model of warfare used in Ukraine in the conditions of complete Russian dominance in the air.
I think the US just found the perfect way to ruin the Soviets once and for all.
I hope this will not happen too quickly, otherwise the cavalry division of the fighting Buryats has not yet jumped up from the remote taiga to look at the Ukrainian asphalt and electric street lighting for the first time in their lives.  Grin

It is funny to hear people talking about Putin's army in those terms... the T-90, which is awesome, yet costs a fortune has a very limited production (and only requires 1 cheap Javelin to destroy of which there are 15000 in Ukraine as of now), Putin's air forces which are said to be awesome... yet absent and scared to fly over Ukraine due to the air defences and, again, expensive and unreplaceable,... It seems that Putin's strategy is to scare Ukraine by talking about how big the army is, without actually being able to field it, supply it and use it to any degree of effectiveness except where they have 20 to 1 superiority and at the cost of many young Russian soldiers dying.

But the special tragic comedy price falls onto the "stored T-72s" argument. Do you think that you just leave a tank there and then, after 20 years, you turn the key and it works? Do you think Putin u can do a better job at supplying these than he is doing now with the troops he has? Do you think their crews will feel safe and willing to enter into combat in a tank that can be put our of service even with a well thrown Molotov or a cheap RPG?

Yes, in theory Putin's walk-in closet is full of robes and dresses he was to use in his parade, yet these do not seem to be anywhere to be seen. Who will tell the emperor that he is naked?

Now, seriously, it is not about how many tanks Putin "has" is about how do you keep an army supplied and combat effective when the conflict extends and extends due to a determined resistance, you are under financial pressure and the supply lines start to stretch beyond your ability to defend them effectively. A lesson that is hard to learn and seems to have eluded many generals - even brilliant ones such as Napoleon and even nations such as Spain in America not to mention silly attempts such as the crusades and... Putin's aggression to Ukraine.

The EU is run by a bunch of Transatlantic Woke Tards, they have no idea what they are doing and will let anyone except russia do damage as much as they want in the EU

Yet they do not seem to be sending their young to die on a purposeless war. If Putin is how a "real leader" looks like, I am keeping the "Tards".
It was a mistake , when they were USSR and much bigger and integrated they could not beat Afghanistan that had  few handmade rifles , they just will make a bloody wound that humanity never forget 
 Sad

And what USA accomplished in Afghanistan with 10X USSR military budget?
copper member
White Russian
Russian tanks and other equipment cannot be easily replaced under sanctions as the production is dependent on the US, German, and South Korean parts. Putin just issued an order to convert their military equipment production to models from the 1960s to use domestic,
Soviet technology. But this will take time for re-tooling, re-training, getting the right crews, etc. This is another fucked up idea by our chess
genius, comrade Putin.
How desperate are you if you hope that Putin will run out of tanks. Now, in military chronicles from the Russian side, they mainly show Soviet T-72s (with a modernized cannon that pierces even older Ukrainian T-60s through the forehead), which are stored in factory solid oil in warehouses, tens of thousands of units, as a legacy from the USSR . Where are the modern Armata tanks, or at least the T-90? They are simply not necessary within the framework of the model of warfare used in Ukraine in the conditions of complete Russian dominance in the air.
I hope this will not happen too quickly, otherwise the cavalry division of the fighting Buryats has not yet jumped up from the remote taiga to look at the Ukrainian asphalt and electric street lighting for the first time in their lives.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60916098

Russia has announced it will "drastically reduce" military combat operations in two key areas of Ukraine "to boost mutual trust" in peace talks.
[...]
Officials in Washington said they had already seen the Russians draw away from Kyiv, but they were still pounding the capital with air strikes and the US had little confidence that it marked any significant shift or meaningful retreat.

"mutual trust" my ass. Russian forces have been stalled there for a month with and Ukrainians started to counterattack.
The decrease in the intensity of the operation near Chernigov and Kiev began two days ago, today it was presented as a gesture of goodwill on the part of Russia. I think everything is more prosaic - the main goal now is to clean up Mariupol and defeat the troops of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Donbass. After the defeat of the Ukrainian regular army in the east, Russia will probably take a short pause to force peace negotiations, simultaneously moving to Nikolaevsk and Odessa and threatening to completely deprive Ukraine of access to the sea (even the loss of Mariupol in this regard is very painful for Ukraine). If it is possible to conclude a peace treaty, all nationalist detachments in the West of Ukraine will turn into ordinary terrorist gangs, which in fact they are. If a peace treaty is not signed on terms acceptable to Russia, the operation will continue, but in the West there will be much less loyalty and desire of Russian soldiers to save the lives of civilians. There, the main task will be to save the lives of Russian soldiers to the maximum, so artillery and aviation will work more. This is my vision of the development of the situation as the most likely scenario.

The current proposals of the Ukrainian side in the negotiations are unrealistic and even close to unacceptable for Russia. There will be no second Khasavyurt or new Minsk agreements.

I would be surprised Putin would cave in and accept stronger than the Article 5 security guarantees.
Ukraine knows they don't need NATO to defend themselves. They need arms.

Putin wants Ukraine territory but without anti-Russia resistance, i.e. without Ukrainians. And he wants it to be annexed to Russia.

I am afraid this war will go on until the last Ukrainian (or his children and grandchildren) are alive or until the last Russian occupier
or their supporter leaves Ukraine (Donbas/Luhansk and Crimea).

Until then, it will be an open hunting season on Russian occupiers, supporters, and collaborators.

If they reach an agreement, it will be temporary, I am afraid.

Lasting peace can only be reached when one side wins or loses.

The Mongols have been raiding Kievan Rus for hundreds of years.  This is just another attempt. Nothing new here.

Seems like Russia is doing divide and conquer. No way it can take Kyiv with <200k troops much less west Ukraine. Looks like now they're just taking out UA mech units and going after fuel reserves. Then they can concentrate on everything east of Dnieper river one at a time, without worrying about reinforcements coming in from the west. ...

They already tried the eastern part, on three fronts. On a single front, it will be three times as hard.

If the West will keep supplying them with weapons and humanitarian aid, Ukrainians can just bleed Russians and wait, then bleed them some more and wait.

genius, comrade Putin.

Anyway, if Russia continues this adventure, which I think they will, they will ruin the country economically.
In the end, they will be 'trading/giving up' nukes for the World to lift sanctions, and/or to be able to sell their gas and oil.

legendary
Activity: 2833
Merit: 1851
In order to dump coins one must have coins
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60916098

Russia has announced it will "drastically reduce" military combat operations in two key areas of Ukraine "to boost mutual trust" in peace talks.
[...]
Officials in Washington said they had already seen the Russians draw away from Kyiv, but they were still pounding the capital with air strikes and the US had little confidence that it marked any significant shift or meaningful retreat.

"mutual trust" my ass. Russian forces have been stalled there for a month with and Ukrainians started to counterattack.
The decrease in the intensity of the operation near Chernigov and Kiev began two days ago, today it was presented as a gesture of goodwill on the part of Russia. I think everything is more prosaic - the main goal now is to clean up Mariupol and defeat the troops of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Donbass. After the defeat of the Ukrainian regular army in the east, Russia will probably take a short pause to force peace negotiations, simultaneously moving to Nikolaevsk and Odessa and threatening to completely deprive Ukraine of access to the sea (even the loss of Mariupol in this regard is very painful for Ukraine). If it is possible to conclude a peace treaty, all nationalist detachments in the West of Ukraine will turn into ordinary terrorist gangs, which in fact they are. If a peace treaty is not signed on terms acceptable to Russia, the operation will continue, but in the West there will be much less loyalty and desire of Russian soldiers to save the lives of civilians. There, the main task will be to save the lives of Russian soldiers to the maximum, so artillery and aviation will work more. This is my vision of the development of the situation as the most likely scenario.

The current proposals of the Ukrainian side in the negotiations are unrealistic and even close to unacceptable for Russia. There will be no second Khasavyurt or new Minsk agreements.

I would be surprised Putin would cave in and accept stronger than the Article 5 security guarantees.
Ukraine knows they don't need NATO to defend themselves. They need arms.

Putin wants Ukraine territory but without anti-Russia resistance, i.e. without Ukrainians. And he wants it to be annexed to Russia.

I am afraid this war will go on until the last Ukrainian (or his children and grandchildren) are alive or until the last Russian occupier
or their supporter leaves Ukraine (Donbas/Luhansk and Crimea).

Until then, it will be an open hunting season on Russian occupiers, supporters, and collaborators.

If they reach an agreement, it will be temporary, I am afraid.

Lasting peace can only be reached when one side wins or loses.

The Mongols have been raiding Kievan Rus for hundreds of years.  This is just another attempt. Nothing new here.

Seems like Russia is doing divide and conquer. No way it can take Kyiv with <200k troops much less west Ukraine. Looks like now they're just taking out UA mech units and going after fuel reserves. Then they can concentrate on everything east of Dnieper river one at a time, without worrying about reinforcements coming in from the west. It's not how you start a war, but how you adapt to it. As far as duration of the war, Ukraine's GDP is $3,700k per capita (2020). Think everyone knows how Ukraine managed to supply their military from 0 to like 101 in under 8yrs, seen UA fighters with $40k thermal scopes, and overall better personal equipment than RU. Wars are expensive, people don't live on positive tweets, and tanks don't run on flag avatars. Once great powers come to agreement, funding and war will stop, people will move on with their lives, not much use to hold grudges and holdouts/partisans after that.

Edit:
The EU is run by a bunch of Transatlantic Woke Tards, they have no idea what they are doing and will let anyone except russia do damage as much as they want in the EU

It might be inevitable, it's in human nature to become complacent. Old leaders get challenged by new blood in endless cycles https://youtu.be/xguam0TKMw8
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
I still can’t believe how long this has been going on. Absolutely terrible that civilians are dying as a result of Russia’s actions. I’m reading reports that there are cities where the dead aren’t even being cleaned up. They’re just littering the streets. Now you’re hearing about Ukrainian soldiers shooting captive Russian soldiers in the kneecaps. It’s just a lose-lose situation for everyone involved. It’s dumbfounding how this type of conflict can exist today. Russia’s claims appear a bit paranoid and they’re coming off a bit like the United States as we invaded Iraq for imaginary weapons.

There were no threats to russia from Ukraine, Ukraine has never attacked any country, never in its history. We are a peaceful people and have not threatened anyone. What is happening now is an invasion based on false propaganda. Most Russians support this and this is not normal in a civilized world, such a crime cannot be left unpunished, every guilty person will answer for it.

there where threats, the threats where executed through human rights mobs, that onesidedly promoted the founding of new lingual states in russia

...they’re [Russia] coming off a bit like the United States as we invaded Iraq for imaginary weapons.

Yeah pretty much. Only Iraq didn't share a land boarder with US (wasn't even on a same continent), had different religion, didn't have 30% of population with English as their native language, didn't have regions where majority of population were Americans, and then official Russian attache didn't come out with their RuskiBear cookies during a coup where American leaning leader was removed, after which ultimately laws weren't passed that banned English books (when 60% of them were in English), English folklore heroes , and didn't de-Americanize Iraq toponymy implied also the removal from railways and airports of any information board written in English, and didn't put in language quotas against English etc etc etc... You know totally non discriminatory laws squeezing out English that people didn't know they needed before. But of course, coincidences, semantics, and they took Crimea.

So even without all that how did it turn out for Iraq? Non friendly regime changed, brought ISIS to the world, kept Saudis as a regional powerhouse, wiped out it's OPEC competitor, ensuring sale of weapons for billions of dollars to Saudis for decades, all while suffering no consequences or long term condemnations. Only 103,160–113,728 civilian died but now US gets to use that money and petrodollar on soft power, to offer preferential treatments and cookies to regimes it wants changed. That sweet soft power ensures US control of the media, so its population can be triggered and start condemning others nations that attempt to do even a small portion of the damage that US did. Pretty amazing gig, benefits of being on the top, until you go too far and someones cost of reputation becomes less than the benefits of doing same thing (oh and they have a hypersonic nuke so you can't really just bomb them into submission). Or are you an exception and made posts condemning all other more brutal conflicts that were beneficial to US?

I think that the first thing you need to stay competitive is having a country. If you are feeding a bear, he will bite you, so competitiveness at the cost of an existential threat is out of anyone's table. Before this war, I was already quite surprised of how close Germany was getting to Russia, but I thought they had really good reasons or leverage that I just was not in the know. Apparently, they did not.

Commodities and resources markets are usually quite "perfect" in the theoretical sense - products from Russia are no cheaper, they are just market price and easy to transport and, mid to long term, replaceable. A question we should be asking ourselves is why Putin is willing to sell to "unfriendly" countries as well. Seems that he cannot do without either? I am not sure that EU will accept paying in rubles. It may be the case of a pissing contest coming.

Just to put in context: Germany pays for the gas and funds Putin's war and then Putin send the gas to feed the industry that eventually produces the weapons that will kill the Russian young soldiers. Seems like everyone wins. Well, almost.

On regards to Germany "helping" the South Europe... Germany only helps Germany. Anything from them comes with strong strings attached.

Long term countries and markets adjust to newer circumstances and, as said, while Putin remains in power Russia is an unreliable partner, does not abide by any international law and cannot be assumed to honour commercial contracts.

Don't believe anyone thinks that Germany is under any existential threat, in fact it was doing pretty good pre 2014 coup and still sitting pretty good. Countries do what's most beneficial for them, a bit less so when they're in a pact. Doubt Germany thinks that US is doing them a lot of favors now, and after Brexit there's a huge pressure from UK & US on EU to sabotage its industrial complex. US & UK don't depend on Russian gas so what do they care.
“America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests” - Henry Kissinger
What options does EU have, they are a declining energy importer, and will be even more so now. US won't redirect much of its output from lucrative contracts from South and Latin America (that just opens a door for Russia to come in). Doesn't make much sense to invest and increase deliveries into declining market for middle east either, to just loose their share in growing markets (India, China) to Russia. There's a reason why EU didn't sanction oil/gas.

But products from Russia are cheaper, if EU was able to obtain cheaper gas/oil surely they would've already done that. Can't do much about geography. There was a complex balance that seemed to work enough for both sides, when one sides decided to take something, it has to give up something somewhere else. Can't only have wins in international trades. What will really boggle your mind is who's transferring Russian gas to EU receiving payments from Russia for it.

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
It was a mistake , when they were USSR and much bigger and integrated they could not beat Afghanistan that had  few handmade rifles , they just will make a bloody wound that humanity never forget 
 Sad
legendary
Activity: 2833
Merit: 1851
In order to dump coins one must have coins
...they’re [Russia] coming off a bit like the United States as we invaded Iraq for imaginary weapons.

Yeah pretty much. Only Iraq didn't share a land boarder with US (wasn't even on a same continent), had different religion, didn't have 30% of population with English as their native language, didn't have regions where majority of population were Americans, and then official Russian attache didn't come out with their RuskiBear cookies during a coup where American leaning leader was removed, after which ultimately laws weren't passed that banned English books (when 60% of them were in English), English folklore heroes , and didn't de-Americanize Iraq toponymy implied also the removal from railways and airports of any information board written in English, and didn't put in language quotas against English etc etc etc... You know totally non discriminatory laws squeezing out English that people didn't know they needed before. But of course, coincidences, semantics, and they took Crimea.

So even without all that how did it turn out for Iraq? Non friendly regime changed, brought ISIS to the world, kept Saudis as a regional powerhouse, wiped out it's OPEC competitor, ensuring sale of weapons for billions of dollars to Saudis for decades, all while suffering no consequences or long term condemnations. Only 103,160–113,728 civilian died but now US gets to use that money and petrodollar on soft power, to offer preferential treatments and cookies to regimes it wants changed. That sweet soft power ensures US control of the media, so its population can be triggered and start condemning others nations that attempt to do even a small portion of the damage that US did. Pretty amazing gig, benefits of being on the top, until you go too far and someones cost of reputation becomes less than the benefits of doing same thing (oh and they have a hypersonic nuke so you can't really just bomb them into submission). Or are you an exception and made posts condemning all other more brutal conflicts that were beneficial to US?

I think that the first thing you need to stay competitive is having a country. If you are feeding a bear, he will bite you, so competitiveness at the cost of an existential threat is out of anyone's table. Before this war, I was already quite surprised of how close Germany was getting to Russia, but I thought they had really good reasons or leverage that I just was not in the know. Apparently, they did not.

Commodities and resources markets are usually quite "perfect" in the theoretical sense - products from Russia are no cheaper, they are just market price and easy to transport and, mid to long term, replaceable. A question we should be asking ourselves is why Putin is willing to sell to "unfriendly" countries as well. Seems that he cannot do without either? I am not sure that EU will accept paying in rubles. It may be the case of a pissing contest coming.

Just to put in context: Germany pays for the gas and funds Putin's war and then Putin send the gas to feed the industry that eventually produces the weapons that will kill the Russian young soldiers. Seems like everyone wins. Well, almost.

On regards to Germany "helping" the South Europe... Germany only helps Germany. Anything from them comes with strong strings attached.

Long term countries and markets adjust to newer circumstances and, as said, while Putin remains in power Russia is an unreliable partner, does not abide by any international law and cannot be assumed to honour commercial contracts.

Don't believe anyone thinks that Germany is under any existential threat, in fact it was doing pretty good pre 2014 coup and still sitting pretty good. Countries do what's most beneficial for them, a bit less so when they're in a pact. Doubt Germany thinks that US is doing them a lot of favors now, and after Brexit there's a huge pressure from UK & US on EU to sabotage its industrial complex. US & UK don't depend on Russian gas so what do they care.
“America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests” - Henry Kissinger
What options does EU have, they are a declining energy importer, and will be even more so now. US won't redirect much of its output from lucrative contracts from South and Latin America (that just opens a door for Russia to come in). Doesn't make much sense to invest and increase deliveries into declining market for middle east either, to just loose their share in growing markets (India, China) to Russia. There's a reason why EU didn't sanction oil/gas.

But products from Russia are cheaper, if EU was able to obtain cheaper gas/oil surely they would've already done that. Can't do much about geography. There was a complex balance that seemed to work enough for both sides, when one sides decided to take something, it has to give up something somewhere else. Can't only have wins in international trades. What will really boggle your mind is who's transferring Russian gas to EU receiving payments from Russia for it.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
According to this article, the fighters of the invisible front cybertroops are working on a two-by-two schedule. If I text every day, can I get two sets of food stamps? Grin

Makes sense that you focus on the payment part, and not on the fact that Putin's propaganda that you're so obsessively spreading is being spread via organized troll farms using fake accounts on social media. I mean it's not like there ever was much doubt about it, but a first-hand report like that is quite damning. Also it links the troll farm to a known Kremlin-adjacent oligarch and possibly even to Ukraine's pro-Russian ex-"president". Not news to you I take it?

I'm disappointed that you haven't provided proof that my content isn't unique.

Don't be, I will provide proof as I usually do - if you get banned and decide to appeal.

You have fallen rather low in my eyes with such empty slander and I have lost interest in further conversation with you.

I'm very sad now but also very happy that I was higher than "rather low" in your eyes. As they say in Putinland - cкaтepтью вaм дopoгa, тoвapищ.

It is interesting that a person who wears a commercial signature and receives payment for each message accuses the interlocutor of some kind of bias without evidence, this is a shame.

My signature doesn't pay for posts in P&S, and for most other posts that I make.

Also no one ever says "interlocutor" so whatever translation software they make you use - it's shit. Sanctions must be working.

I express my personal opinion on the topic of the conversation, I always formulate it in a unique way and I do it for free. I am an anarchist politically and have never voted for Putin in elections (I don't go to elections or I come to spoil the ballot, thus voting against everyone). My political preferences have not changed since the beginning of the special operation in Ukraine, although I began to sympathize more with Putin for the decisiveness of his actions. Also, I do not hate Ukrainians, although I dislike the ideology of the Nazis, their modus vivendi and modus operandi.

Obligatory "I don't usually support Putin but I support Putin" weaseling. Check.
Jump to: